>3-Turk opposers, god damn them
>4-Byzantines, lol we got your city
>5-Turk opposers, god damn them
wew

>most
>serene
>republic

Literally right

ironic thing about this post is how merchants were considered scum by confucianism

it didn't mean much in reality, but still!

also I'd say arabs probably deserve top 5 or at least top 10.

Why are Jews only number 2 on the top 5 Jews scale?

Becouse even Jew can't outjew Chinese.

Obligatory

What about Chinese Jews?

Still waiting on a even just barely historically accurate HBO show about the Most Serene that I can enjoy along with normies

This isn't a birthday, the Hebrew writing roughly translates to "happy new year"

Your point? I still see Chinese wearing kippahs.

>Have never understood wars like this

Why the fuck did one overwhelmingly stacked war suddenly turn into the opposite? Was it the presence of the Papal States?

Why the fuck did Venice, having secured a huge alliance, then proceed to jump back on the other side?

So many questions for a newfag to pre-napoopan history.

after pusing venice back, the french king and pope got mad at each other, so the pope went to venice side. the french were pushed out of italy, and then the pope and venice got mad at each other, so venice and france got together to fite de pop

Here's a summary IIRC:
Venice saw several free North Italian cities and thought it should take them. The Pope wants there to be free North Italian cities, so he gets Christians to stop that.
Meanwhile, France comes in and starts taking some North Italian cities for itself. The Pope wants there to be Free Italian cities and says "Venice, you're good at taking North Italian cities, right?" and Venice says yes.
France is a great power, though, so the Pope calls a whole lot of Christians to stop France from taking free North Italian cities.
However, France's king dies and the new King, while he likes North Italian cities, doesn't like being at war with everyone. So, out of all the people whom could contest with for North Italian cities, they preferred Venice. So they signed a deal to split the North Italian cities between themselves and did war.

That's surprisingly succinct and makes a lot of sense.

>"Venice, you're good at taking North Italian Cities, right?"
kek.

Thanks senpai

Mehmet, my son!

Italy is a fun place
But why was Italy unable to recover after Rome fell? Was it the Lombards?

Goths, Lombards, Byzantines, Popes, Individual Roman Cities in Italy panicking like fuck and settling into Post-Apoc fortress mentalities, and the failure of Lothair's descendants.

>Geulphs and Ghibellines
That the Italian version of Asterix and Obelix?

What happened to the town bucket?

Man the Scots get everywhere

What else where they going to do besides fight wars?