Why haven't you killed yourself yet...

Why haven't you killed yourself yet, knowing that there's no free will and consciousness is an illusion caused by processes inherently out of your control?

>Why haven't you acted opposite of determinism because of self awareness of determinism?

Because I'm not a weak willed pussy that passes problems onto other people not that I would even want to. You should try though.

Alright, but can you give me a shred of evidence that free will exists besides "it feels like it's there"? The universe is full of illusions, and there's no rational reason for why consciousness should be exempt from the rules everything else in the universe follows.

I can but don't want to.

I'm sure :^)

what's the cause of the cause?

it is of personal advantage to assume you have free will and of no personal advantage to assume that you dont

The illusion of free will is good enough to go on.

What we have is essentially for all intents and purposes free will.

>implying you can know free will or its negation.

fuck off Veeky Forums

Kind of hard to destroy one's own self, if one has no free will and the process that does act on one's own behalf does not intend for one's own destruction by their own machinations.

Other causes

What use is personal advantage if you're not in control of any of your actions?

So you're living with a lie, knowing it's irrational? That's more respectable than actually believing it or denying contrary evidence, so right on.

Elaborate

and their causes?

Other causes. What, do you not believe that things occurred before creatures with "free will" evolved?

Because despite the deterministic nature of the universe (which is kind of an inaccurate description given that all events are happening simultaneously and instantly), I have no way of accurately predicting exact future states.

Furthermore, I myself am part of the causal web of interaction (as we all are), and I'm curious to find out my role in it. From my perspective, I have free will, and it is impossible for me to act otherwise.

oh god fuck off with this undergraduate pleb shit

if im in the system then i have free will because my volition, however illusory, is still my freely chosen volition as far what is inside the system is concerned

>b-but mom there's no free will so there's no reason for me to get a job

kill yourself you cuck faggot

>Why haven't you killed yourself yet, knowing that there's no free will and consciousness is an illusion caused by processes inherently out of your control?
Because life is enjoyable, and free will as stated is an incoherent concept that cannot be true in any reality, let alone ours. If you want to exist, you'll have to deal with the lack of free will.

Because i dont care about something that i cant tell the difference between. If i think i have free will, does it matter if i dont?
Why dont i kill myself over it?
Because food, love, vidya games, learning, and all the other distractions of life seem better than whatever comes after.

Determinism then also is an illusion

In what way?

It's not entirely clear how you are making that rather bizarre leap.

Are determinism and free will both spooks?

Because I have fun shitposting on Veeky Forums

You're just genetically predisposed to think that.