Are there really shut-ins on Veeky Forums? Why???

Are there really shut-ins on Veeky Forums? Why???

>asking this question on a four chan board

I haven't gone out of my house in like 3 weeks and probably will continue to live the neet life until August when my next semester starts

Maybe I'll try to go out to buy some clothes, maybe

No I'm just home for the summer and my friends from high school aren't shit.

Hey whaddya know I'm watching welcome the the nhk right now

no you need money to be Veeky Forums

some people genuinely like to dress well without needing to show it off or leave the house; a true, pure sense of vanity and self-absorption are required for dressing Veeky Forums or well in general without going out. I myself do this, mostly because my friends are always busy getting nowhere in life and because I like what I see and want to wear it for me.

outside of work and running errands, i'm pretty much a shut-in. it's mostly because of my shitty personality 2bh: boring, self-centered, anxious, negative, etc.

i used to live the lonely life,until i met my old school friends
my life feels more whole now,the only real damage is to my wallet

I'm just visiting from r9k

You guys are the only ones cucked enough to make me feel like a normal by comparison

even if i dont leave my house doesnt mean i wanna dress like shit... ya kno??

Most of my friends are out on vacation, and i'm just stuck here with no gf and my parents hate me, so yeah i'm a shut in right now :)

Literally no friends. Gonna be a neet until September for 2nd year. Maybe go to two concerts next month.

Best thing about being a shutin is i can buy whatever i want with all the disposible income from not going out. Have everything delivered, dont need to step out of the house other than work.

I haven't been outside in 6 months. The closest thing to going outside i have done is look out a window once in a while. Not even lying

Meet doesn't mean that

I know that. I'm just using it in that case.

Yeah and i have no reason for it, im good looking, 6'1, ottermode, make low six figures but don't have a social life and all the sex i ever got was from thirsty girls approaching first. The only thing I do with my free time is volunteer at a soup kitchen and browse the internet.

I... leave the house to buy food sometimes. And to see my therapist. Does that count?

I don't trust her though, she said buying a Paul Harnden coat wasn't a good idea.

sick of getting hurt

>volunteer
good on you user

having a social life is more a chore than anything else tbqhwyf, and a fucking expensive one at that

Me too man. It's weird, ever since school ended I've seen almost no one. The only people I do see are my coworkers (who I barely speak to because we're working) and my roommates. I literally sit in my room being as quiet as possible so my roommates will think I'm sleeping and won't bother me. A girl I had a thing for texted me the other day telling me she was back in town and I never responded. I've been invited to 2 parties and said I would go but didn't.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I spend a lot of time thinking about reaching out to friends to see if anyone wants to hang out but I just can't bring myself to do it for some reason. Even when people contact me I avoid or ignore them. I think want nothing more than to spend time with people but I just can't bring myself to do it if I don't actually have to. School forced me to interact and that was good, but now that it's summer I have nothing. I'm not insanely popular or anything but I've got a good number of friends, I don't know why I am so afraid of asking any of them to hang out. It's like I'm addicted to being alone or something. It doesn't feel good, but I can't stop it for some reason.

just remember, if you don't go out when people invite you, eventually they'll stop inviting you out.

try to keep doors open instead of closing them. maybe invite other people out for something you're more comfortable with instead.

don't forget that it's also okay to keep to yourself if that's what makes you happy.

Yeah I'm going to try to start spending time with people this week. I've just sort of realized my behavior over the last couple of days and how unhappy it's making me. Already texted one friend to hang out today, but it was really stressful, like I sort of had to psych myself out to actually do it. That sounds so retarded and I hate it but it's true. Hopefully it will be nice and I'll be able to force myself to contact some other people soon.

Holy shit i completely relate with you. I was texting with this female friend but last week i saw her latest message and i just went "I'll text her tomorrow", but then the next day came and i thought the same, now over a week has passed and honestly it would just be too awkward now. I've done the same in the past but i only let a couple of days pass. This shit happens all the time with different people. I crave human contact but i shelter myself because i don't want to suffer through even more awkward interactions and shitty silences in conversations anymore. I don't try to hang out with anyone anymore because most of my friends (i say this as if i had a lot of them when i only regularly hang out with two, one of whom i haven't seen in all this year) don't really have a lot of common interests with me so i end up not having a lot to talk about with most people.

My feelings are such a shitty cliche, i'm just another depressed anxious awkward young man complaining on the internet while doing nothing to fix my stuff

I used to get super stressed before asking people to hang but you just have to do it more and it gets easier

Why not, fashion should only exsist from a conceptual point and not a physical form

80% of my days im home alone..I like dressing up to fuck ho's and make myself feel good, always felt I was uggo, so I use nice clothes as a way to compensate for that insecurity. If your ugly it dosent mean you have to dress that way

I met and banged this hot Japanese chick at a party cause she was gullible enough to think I worked in the fashion industry.

>buying clothing just to take pictures

Veeky Forums disgusts me

i called in sick to work and its making me feel guilty and anxious. im dreading going back the next day. i feel like my supervisor will resent me or i might get fired.

also i cant afford to buy Veeky Forums clothing but i do it anyways. i have 0 self control, and now it feels like im going into a downward spiral.

i tried meth for the 2nd time last week, also tried to score with a decent looking homless junkie who was high off of meth. she didnt want anything to do with me.

you know youve hit rock bottom when a meth junkie wont even let you smash.

fuck my life. why couldnt ive been born middle class..

My life half a year after finishing HS. Even left prom night hour after, only went because we were called to stage in groups and my friends needed me. Basically I work three month and study three month whole time, my company pays everything. Have only five friends left.
>one is autistic, come over to him to play vidya
>another never has time for me due to work, only meet once a month to go to our favorite restaurant
>another one is way too deep in drugs, can't save him anymore, probably will go to prison after he stole a car while being on meth
>last one is absolute chad, yet my best friend who tries his hardest to take me outside, we drink, do stupid as fuck shit like we are 10, go partying, watch anime
>last one works at Tv, but we go to cinema or arthouse once in a while since we both have passion for films
>gf died in car incident, nobody else was ever intrested in me
Can't say I'm shut in, but beside work/unversity I only ledt house perhaps 5-10 times a month. I basically force myself to drive to centre and walk around just to wear my sick cops.

I 'never make the effort' so to speak.

I'm fairly fine in my life now, have lots of friends and am confident in social situations, but when it comes down to 'maybe I should contact so & so ask if they chill' I just don't.

Went through a 3 year period of self-iscolation where I just stopped leaving the house for anything other than school when I was 14-17. People would invite me out, I'd just say no. I feel that's still my default position on everything deep down.

>buying clothing just to take pictures at home alone

so these are the people i'm being ridiculed by when I post my cops?