What is a good watch that goes with casual wear? I'm thinking about the Timex Weekender, any other suggestions?

What is a good watch that goes with casual wear? I'm thinking about the Timex Weekender, any other suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Syua2
imgur.com/a/1emCI
imgur.com/a/hwKOJ
youtube.com/watch?v=aNyidq8iWD4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

(LOUDLY) TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

Awful

What do you guys recommend? I'm looking to spend up to $100

It's not that loud really.

This. Several people I hang out with have individually noticed the ticking going, "What is that?" "It's my watch." "...oh."

You can even hear it throughout a car if no one is talking.

go to Amazon, look into Boccia Titanium.
look into Seiko 5s too if you don't mind automatics while being there.

check out Seiko/Pulsar/Lorus as well.
Casio have some nice analogs as well.

all these brands have movements that don't tick like assholes which is a huge plus but stay away from Timex and Swatch. those tick terribly loudly.

seiko snk809, can't go wrong
pics don't do it justice, it looks and feels like a 200 dollar military watch in person.

otherwise go look at MWC, they make some solid repros

Yes it is.

Unless there's something to drown it out, you will notice it.

Exactly like how the cheap wall clock in a schoolroom was noticeable during an exam.

>Sandblasted case
Ew

additionally to the other stuff already mentioned:
Festina, they got some nice sporty looking watches.

I have pic related. Orvis field watch. I like it a lot so far

Damn I came here to post this exact response

Daniel Wellington, great casual watch.

Fuck off shill.

this, if by Daniel Wellington u mean the $3 version on aliexpress

>having a shiny case on a military watch

shiggy

>It's 2016 and you don't own a pocket watch

nice pocket fedora

seiko 5

I have it, it's fucking loud

>Train pocket watch

Fuck off back to foamer.

I love the look of the MQ24-1E

I have a weekender in Black. And I never heard a thing unless I bring it closest to my ear. Neither did anyone else complain.
Take a look at them yourself and decide. Komono is good too.

hey guys
I'm gonna buy either a Seiko SARB 033 or 035
Should I go black dial or cream white dial?
Also should I wear it with the braclet or something else?

If you are worried about the ticking on the weekender but like the look, Target sells a store brand white face analog that looks very close and is much quieter, albeit without the indiglo function. It's 10.99 and on a godawful uncomfortable strap, but I put it on a NATO and I like it a lot, enough to wear it over my orient Mako a couple days a week.

What is the point of owning a watch in an era where everyone carries a smartphone?

T b h I hate this. I wear watches and once you get used to not looking at your phone for the time it is second nature and more efficient. Also look nice. I took the bait

i have the sarb035, i think the cream dial works nicer with brown leathers, would probably grab a different watch for a black leather strap or black face.

black desu. also good choice senpai

my watch collection so far

Yeah white would be better with brown leather but I'm not really much for brown and I already have a white faced one (pic related) and I wear black with that

Thanks m8
Keep the bracelet as well?

yeah if you've already got a white/cream faced dress watch go for the 033. the bracelet is pretty decent, no complaints with mine

I'd give you my timex weekender for free. That thing is loud as fuck. Seriously, don't get one.

they may look decent and they are actually good quality, but the noise alone makes them shitty.

chronograph weekender actually isn't loud at all, you guys shout get that one instead

obvious, but I'm starting to feel like you can't pull it off unless you're into your 30's.

>paying 200 dollars for a watch with a .50 cent movement in it, with a dirt-cheap case and band

this is my casual sunday watch

Should I ask for a citizen as a graduation gift?
Any recs that fit the thread?

>quartz pocket watch
fuck, is it also made of plastic for the ultimate cheap dapper fedora wearer look?

love that SARB but definitely a bit sophisticated for a young person

what is the point in carrying a book when you can read them on your phone

did u just take my post,

I would easily bought an orient bambino. It's really clean and is perfect for anything.

Did it come with a free fedora?

you need a g-shock, thats a must for a watch collection.

Seiko 5: beige or black dial?

I want to wear it with brown leather. Generally one wouldn't mix brown and black but on a watch? I've never worn a watch before so I'm unsure how it's viewed in terms of fashion.

Refer to this:

imgur.com/a/Syua2 (Part 1)

imgur.com/a/1emCI (Part 2)

imgur.com/a/hwKOJ (Part 3)

Plus the other parts im too lazy to link

someone please show me the cheapest wearable watch there is

casio f91w

Enjoy never being able to sleep with it in the same room as you

Can't go wrong

I bought a timex weekender when they were on sale on amazon. Never had a watch before. The ticking was so loud that at night I'd have to put it in my desk drawer to sleep. Eventually one day I just never took it out of my drawer and its been sitting there ever since.

Put the bezel right jesus christ

Wearing any watch at all makes you look like the tackiest sleazebag of all time do not recommend.

a brown leather strap looks better on a beige dial.

Nothing is wrong with a citizen, most eco-drives have decent miyota movements and a capacitor that lasts up to 20 years. So regarding the life span of the capacitor, it is great, it will run for years, and is pretty accurate. I love my citizen, so if you are looking for a quartz rather than a mechanical, Eco-drive has great watches. The accuracy on most of the Miyota movements in the Citizen Eco-Drives state that they gain/lose up to 20 seconds per month, but in my experience I haven't lost any more than 4-6 seconds a month which is also great. Like others say, Seiko 5 is one of the best cheap automatic mechanical watches that you can get, and then orient also for some good mechanical watches. If you get a mechanical, expect to gain/lose up to 15-25 seconds per day on average. After a few days, you'll be a couple minutes out of sync and have to adjust the time again. If you don't have an issue with that, then there shouldn't really be any problems. If you go for higher price points, then you can find mechanical watches with better accuracy. Overall, for that price point, they are all pretty good watches, regardless of what someone here might say, though most would agree.

W2C Nato strap like second from bottom right? Veeky Forums as fuck

riddle me this:
if so many customers complain about the loud ticking, then why are these retards not doing anything against it after so many years?

same bullshit with swatch. except for the irony line models (maybe) all the plastic watches tick loudly as fuck and they haven't done a fucking thing.

imo this should be forbidden and there should be a convention for quality assurance that tackles exactly that problem.

people will only throw a loud piece of shit back to the where they bought it from.

try to work in a concentrated fashion with a loud ticking piece of shit on your wrist. it's impossible.

the green color is the problem. dark green is always a color for old farts. sucks. and that gold? same effect.

youtube.com/watch?v=aNyidq8iWD4

i got the 007 on my 18th birthday
what a glorious watch, cooler than a submariner imo because of how utterly classic and unflashy it is. would rec trying a different strap though, I really don't like the stock one.

I left mine in a hotel room when I was 21 :'(

because probably only about 3 percent of buyers complain

I think it's a given at that price point, it's cheaper than a meal for two at mcdonalds

Get it's younger brother. I've had mine for a year and it is easily my favorite watch. I do wish they used a face style like the SNK809 tho.

This shit is from Walmart

When I was 10 I thought it would be cool to get a pocket watch so I went to Walmart and and saw that they only had a lame ass eagle and a stupid train. This is literally Walmart tier.

>because probably only about 3 percent of buyers complain

well, it's pretty much every 2nd amazon customer. just saying.

Do you have really sensitive ears? I own the weekender quartz and I've only ever heard the tick tock when my war is next to it and I live in the countryside so I don't have ambient noise

The name's Fedora... Tips Fedora

Daniel wellington definitely

Timex easy reader

I hope that's a joke m8

Pic fairly unrelated but r8

right, and probably only 10% of amazon customers submit reviews, and think of how many people pick up weekenders at target, walmart etc.

looks like the one i bought from china that broke coming to my place. bought it for the sake of comparing quality

if actual quality 6/10

if fake 2/10

fliegers are god tier casual

lol this was my first watch when i was a kid

i wear a timex weekender now because it fits all of my casual shit

I had a Tissot touch that I really liked. Fun watch - Gave it to a family member. That is a good looking watch.

Great looking watch. I like the Pepsi Diver a lot

pic related is my current every day casual wear