Is there such a thing as /viking/-core that isn't a huge meme? Modern viking thread

Is there such a thing as /viking/-core that isn't a huge meme? Modern viking thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

courseinfo.co.uk/cheap-diesel-sweat-pants-porto-cuffed-cargo-pocket-green-p-533.html
farfetch.com/uk/shopping/men/yves-salomon-classic-rabbit-fur-lined-canvas-parka-item-11228304.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

larping?

Nah. It's just that whenever I think "modern viking" I think of either a skinhead biker or a fat guy wearing lots of fur and cargo shorts. I wondered if there was maybe an actually fashionable style inspired by Vikings in that it is a feasible combination of utilitarian and fashionable. Almost /wilderness/-core but more shamanistic or pagan I guess. It's a weird fucking request.

I'm actually trying to go for the same hairstyle as Ragnar from Vikings. I'm keeping the sides of my head completely shaven and growing the top out long enough to braid.

I would say combining woodsman shit, some military items like military-esque boots and long jackets/parkas, and some furs and leather would create something that could represent something like "modern viking".
Especially when paired with a beard.

I sort of collected some things that I thought would work with it in pic related.

Holy cocks, w2c those.pants.plox

crrringe

Looked in a bunch of places for you that said they were sold out.
This one doesn't though.
courseinfo.co.uk/cheap-diesel-sweat-pants-porto-cuffed-cargo-pocket-green-p-533.html

Why such a gay leather shirt and the faggiest lady bag?

If you want to imitate the show:
>beige/offwhite/brown henley or a heavy a cotton or linen shirt with a low neck, probably reenactment shop stuff
>ornamented leather vest (good luck finding that)
>either the top is long past the hips or your vest
>relaxed fit cotton pants
>mid calf leather boot, no lacing or buckles
>braided hair and/or beard
optional:
>cotton scarf
>fur vest/cape/jacket
>eyeliner
no optional:
>aged/worn
>heavy and rough materials
>layering

Wtc Parka

Most of the costumes you see in the show are not very durable despite their looks.

If you want the pleb viking look you just need a few potato sacks. If you want the king Ragnar look, be prepared to spend a few $1000's and hours trying to find the things

>eyeliner

>I don't know the show
It's okay.

Try to look maybe into some Visvim. Yeah it's very Americana but in terms of tones and 'nature' looking garments you'll find some cool pieces that could fit into this style.

Minnesota-fag here
I need that jacket in my life

what is it with manlet Veeky Forums users all walking around with their cow girlfriends wearing leather kilts and sporrans and shit
then fucking dusters in the winter

Do you faggots even read? The point of this is avoiding the cringe and not looking like a five foot, 300lb Veeky Forumstg/uy/

>that isnt a huge meme
was gonna post about heavy memetal before u had the rule on

to be honest I don't browse a lot of other boards so I didn't know that was a thing

I understand your criticism.
Better?

farfetch.com/uk/shopping/men/yves-salomon-classic-rabbit-fur-lined-canvas-parka-item-11228304.aspx

Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up

This is really good I like it

This is good, just ditch the vest.

Where's it all from?