Occasional Veeky Forums lurker here. Is there a way to describe a character's outfit in writing...

Occasional Veeky Forums lurker here. Is there a way to describe a character's outfit in writing, without either being totally vague or going into crazy detail about what they're wearing?

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/the-erratas-mystery
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he was gay

sir squire squilliam had on a pair of the finest silk garments from rick owen's latest fashion line,

He was very well tricked into buying rick.

can't help you op but why the fuck did you use some uncanny valley asian ndude nightmare as your pic

Focus on the silhouettes and colors of what they're wearing, touch lightly on materials used.

I know that Murakami uses the method of actually describing the colour, brand and rough date of clothing. This is something that might be very difficult to pull off though, as it might distract from the narrative in the way that it suddenly anchors elements of it into reality, for me however, this worked the other way around.

For example, in 1Q84 (if I am not mistaken though, has been like three years since I read it) Murakami describes Aomame as wearing a green Comme des Garçons skirt suit (dating from the 70's, but that's based on that that's the era the novel is set). This made me look up a picture of one of those skirt suits, and for me it made the entire world of 1Q84 that much more believable, because it had some anchor to reality.

However, beware of constantly namedropping brand, if might come across as obnoxiously trying to show off knowledge, something that did start to bother me with Murakami in general.

see: Pattern Recognition, William Gibson

>that image

Explain.

Adj color object

in case anyone wanted to know, the Chinese text on the bottom reads:

"a very perfect combination, a real harmonious tradition (whatever that means), no need to say any more, this is the perfect Valentines symphony."

ded from kek

Just say that they're usually dressed in raf simons and rick owens

read american psycho he goes into crazy explaining (although i think its to convey batemans sociopathic tendencies), but you could tone it down and take something from it. plus Veeky Forums loves bateman

JUST WANTED TO SAY FUCK YOU BECAUSE THAT PICTURE IS CREEPING ME THE FUCK OUT

what the fuck man

Lmao wat up with this niggas head doe

jesus fuck

this unless you want to be a snowflake for the sake of style

Depends on the style of your prose. You could go crazy detailed down to brand / year/ season like American Psycho. Or just keep it general like "dark-washed jeans", "a suit several sizes too large", "a stained and soiled tank top"

Op what do you know about erratas you mother fucker

Is OP tryna drag us down some rabbit hole of horror or something

>attempted sexual assault of a 72-year-old woman
how desperate was this guy

someone post the /x/ version that involves this guy and a whole bunch of posts/news articles

I got u

how the fuck am i supposed to read this

Fuck that's creepy

>jurassic park
>all those weird evil ass pictures

This is stressing me the fuck out

That scary girl on the upper right corner would look dope on a shirt though

Why don't you ask Veeky Forums...?

>noise rock made out of riot grrl and punk samples
This sounds like a cool idea tbqh

i dont get it

the idea i think is that all these random things from the past like 10 years were found to be connected because they all mentioned the same similar word

also, true story, if you make a thread asking about it on /x/ (or even related subjects like jurassic park) you'll get banned

knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/the-erratas-mystery

This thread is very strange.
I feel uncomfortable.

i think op might have posted it as an excuse to implant the evil asian guy into our collctive mind

Back on topic please. What are some Veeky Forums books aside from American Psycho?

fukn lol

books with good fashion or books that are Veeky Forums?

fuggg

>inb4 thread gets deleted and we all get b&

We're not on /x/ so we're probably safe.

But I'll test it out:
Erratas
Eratas
Hawaii
Jurassic Park
KFC Murder Chicks
Fnord

Let's see what happens.