Any recommendations for good black derby under $200 before I go ahead and buy 1461 monos?

Any recommendations for good black derby under $200 before I go ahead and buy 1461 monos?

get lightly used shoes from a quality shoe company

Which brands?

get the 1461's - I've worn mine like everyday for a year and a half and they've shown no sign of wearing down

the rubberized leather is kindof plastic looking, but is good for wearing in the rain - once you polish them a couple of times they also start to look better

if u want mono get postmans

the yellow stitching is why you get docs

I like postmans buy they look bad on every on feet pic I've seen

flowen wears postmans too

Are mono docs the cheapest black derbies worth getting? I really like the look but I'm a poorfag through and through ;-(

OP I was in your boat between postmans and docs. Ultimately I think docs look better in person. The postmans look way cooler in pictures and are cooler conceptually but they look bulbous and bulgy on feet and crease weirdly in comparison to docs.

Yes, get them. They are a decent quality and versatile shoe that you can wear as a beater.

I need a black shoe but I was wondering, would the mono doc derby's be versatile enough to warrant it being my only black shoe?

Get DM Oscar Octavius instead of 1461s (pic related), much cleaner design and nicer leather in my experience

Creasing is generally an indicator that the shoes have become more comfortable to wear.

I tried badly to get those in brown last week but the old ones with smooth leather have been discontinued and you can't get them anywhere, only the new ones with textures leather.

Mine have the textured leather (black) and they seen pretty decent to me. Obviously not gonna be as good quality as Red Wings or whatever but they were a third of the price for me and still pretty good so oh well

what about the cp derby shine? any way to unshine them? ...

Meh, I haven't seen either in person but I really would have loved to get these ones, not because of quality but I prefer the look.

I agree on the brown ones, the brown textured ones are kinda fugly, but the black textured ones are good imho

How's the doc marten steed? thinking about that instead of the octavius because the steed has normal leather

b u m p

Are they comfortable to wear everyday?

docs in general are pretty comfy. some people talk about a breaking in period but I've never had that

Well, they'll work as "beater" shoes right?

That's what I use some of mine for. $40 on ebay for the 1461 and I can paint/sharpie over the yellow stitching if I want. Not the best leather and some contrarians might judge on the internet but they can be beaters/work shoes

Yeah I held them irl, didn't try on though, spot on about leather and they were very stiff but apparently a break in will fix that as you said

Is sizing accurate?

I got my red wing postman for $100 on eBay in excellent condition. The vintage ones have a different width system. I have "B" which by today's standard would be extremely narrow, yet they fit standard with. For that reason people stay away and they go for $75-$150. I suspect the quality on the vintage ones might be little better also. They also don't have that little black and green USA tag on them. Wearing mine to a wedding Houston this weekend.

yeah I guess, might want to go to a journeys or whatever and try on what they have because sizing is pretty consistent between models

Is he wearing postmans in this pic senpai?

true to size or size up?
yes

wtc jacket?

Alright, thanks user

pls I need to know sizing

There's a bunch of 11.5 postmans on sale for really cheap on other websites. If I wear a 12 could I get away with getting an 11.5?

postmans are usually size down

are you absolutely sure? I guess if the 11.5s don't fit I can probably make a profit reselling them for over $100

gonna cop these for 20€ on ebay to see if i even like to wear this kind of shoe

look kinda bad. are those cole haan or something? I just got some postmans for $88 shipped

says "goor" on the bottom. i kinda like these, and i dont think i will wear these more than a few times a year. maybe only once

I have no knowledge of that brand so idk what to tell you but they don't look very well made just from the picture.

well that's obvious for the price. thats why i want to buy these. i dont want to spend more than that because what if it turns out i dont really like the feel of this kind of shoe? i will still have a pair for weddings or something like that but i wont regret buying shoes that i never wear

yeah i used to want to buy postmans and most say that they're a half size to a full size too big. go half to be safe

hell yes thank you for this info I can now sleep tonight knowing I bought the right size

Raf SS12