What are some Veeky Forums careers?

What are some Veeky Forums careers?

Fashion designer

architect
art gallery curator / director

Sorry, I should have specified:

What are some Veeky Forums careers that can afford me a life of dignity and material comfort? It needs not be fashion-related.

Male prostitute

taxi driver

Being a producer/DJ, but if you suck you're automatically disqualified from being effay

What about a watchmaker?

A curator. I like that. Never thought about that as a career before.

This

Dont know about a watchmaker but when I played magic the gathering there was a jewlery maker at my local store. He was a nice guy, but not Veeky Forums.

you can't rock a pocket square driving taxis

Lawyer.

Fuck, I think I will become both.

Psychiatry

YES

Not talking about fedora-core "muh mechanical pocket watch is the only way" but rather some proper skilled watchmaker like Paul Buclin (pic related)

Poet

Diplomacy.
/thread

Marketing at clothing brand/company

Painter

fashion is fa but theyre usual gay
i was devasted when i found out tom ford is gay (nothing against gays but was just disappointed cause i thought finally a straight male in a gay dominated community, and not only straight but alpha as fuck looking)

most FA careers
Salesmen and investment bankers

HUEHUEHUE!
ONLY DIPMOLACY IS EFFAY!
NOTHING ELSE.

Salesmen and investment bankers? You've got to be kidding me. You are that one retardo who always post people in suits and slick Bateman hair? The one with the god awful lame leather shoes?

Dude your aethestics is shit. It has no energy. No revolte. It's just the good ol' "i watched wallstreet 1 and liked it" philosophy.

Fuck man even a drug dealer is a more FA career than those suitfuckers.

real estate agent

Yeah, go full Rick or go home, squares!

Highschool math teacher

and i bet you are the retard that jacks off to that old fucker that wears yellow shoes with coloured tattoos on his arms

mens suits are best fashion and that is what those 2 industries wear

Street wear is best fashion for middle class city swelling youths

teacher at any higher grade

Consultancy

Fucking this

>mens suits are best fashion

Veeky Forums makes me sick

struggling artist
musician
writer
philosopher
drug dealer/trapboi
activist
rich NEET

Some more

ex-military
student
marketing
extreme sports
sports star
mechanic/tradesman
model
photography/lighting
small business owner (not entrepreneur)

musician is the only Veeky Forums thing on their besides rich NEET because it's the ultimate relaxing lifestyle
>ex-mil
not Veeky Forums but respectable
>student
no
>marketing
not really
>extreme sports
edgy
>sports star
what
>mechanic/trade
interesting, but more often too dirty and is only Veeky Forums if the person is naturally good looking
>model
yes
>photography/lighting
lighting more so, photography is underwhelming because of instagram now
>small business owner
too much work to be Veeky Forums more often then not

It certainly is. Too bad you never paid attention in school and will most like become
>muh painter
>muh wannabee fashion designer
>hipster working at starbucks

So stay mad while I enjoy wearing best brands and cuts and meeting interesting people from all over the world. But you most likely do not even own a dinner jacket. Poor kid.

You know nothing user. You know what the media sells you, but nothing deeper than that.

Do you know the world, or how people work? Or what makes something fashionable? What fashionable really means, and not high street fashion?

Though, I guess OP asked for Veeky Forums careers, not fashionable careers. In which case, yeah, no wonder NEET is your ultimate lifestyle.

Sink your teeth into the world and express yourself. There's no fashion without struggle. Fashion is self-indulgence despite the worlds shit.

a prestigious, but not well-known title is Veeky Forums.

>geologist
>petrolium engineer
>marine merchanter

Working as a suit, whether it be in sales or an office is not Veeky Forums. While working in alpha jobs like the military or a firefigher will make women swoon, they are not fashionable jobs.

right because extreme sports and wearing rockstar energy shirts are just so cool. if you want to talk about lifestyle, I think youre taking ryan gosling's serious movies too seriously. being a student is in no way fashionable, because trades aren't Veeky Forums either because i don't believe that wearing work onesies and welding are Veeky Forums, not that they aren't respectable and decent jobs to have. look at the average student and all you will find are "pink hoodies" and chinos for boys. I guess I could go back to marketing, but it is much less like madmen and a lot more stressful and full of muted suits. if what you say is true than a NEET with no budget is absolutely the most Veeky Forums because it is the most indulgent. I understand what you're saying but you're looking at it from a much more romantic view than what they actually are, at least in my perspective. if you disagree, that's fine, but at least we can agree that being on an anime forum isn't Veeky Forums

We can agree to disagree, but my contention still remains: fashion is largely an attitude. An aesthetic that actually says something, particularly about you.

Buying whatever Topman puts on the racks is not true fashion, nor is it fashionable. It's basic and high street.

But meh, I suppose only some will get this, and that's why only some are actually fashionable.

Bye boys.

>diplomat
>argues with kids on Veeky Forums
do you greentext these interesting people from all over the world as well? kek

Rich NEET: effay
NEET who's not even rich: Not effay
The Dude: effay
Generic stoner: borderline, mostly not effay
Socially impatient space miners: effay
Tradesman who doesn't own his shit and just buys whatever is on highstreet: not effay

It's attitude. Anything else is media/consumerist spin.

Not a diplomat yet. Currently in the application process though, after I finished my MA earlier this year. I've been on Veeky Forums for a while now and I don't plan on leaving just because I'm busy 9-5. Although this board's taste has deteriorated since a few years. People don't value quality clothing and classic cuts but rather fall for the express yourself you special snowflake meme.

I'm going into pharmacology because I want to synthesize drugs. Picking a job because it's Veeky Forums is the type of cancer at makes me think of Veeky Forums as a retarded and incredibly vain board.
>''Let me become a taxi driver because it best suits the bullshit persona I've created through the 'unique' aesthetic that I blatantly ripped off the internet. I'm such an individual. I can think for myself.

effay career: ghostbuster man

>Salesmen and investment bankers
Salesmen might be a stretch, but I 100% agree on investment bankers, investors, fund managers. If you had any clue about investors whatsoever, you would probably understand that he probably doesn't imply anything about Wall Street. That's so stupid, and we have come a long way from yuppies. Some of the most fashionable people I know are lawyers and investors. You goddam retard.
You have got to be the most fucking retarded uneducated and uncultured sack of shit that's ever walked the face of this earth. I can personally tell you that being a lawyer and investor in any downtown core is, while it may be face paced, boring as hell. There is hardly any wolf of wall street shit.

And this thread is fucking stupid as is, most people is most professions can look good while doing their job regardless, it's all about that individuals sense of style.

>lawyers and investors are similar
>money is fashion

Get a load of this faggot

Are you fucking daft?
Lol you filthy piece of shit didn't even read the entirety of my post. You have probably worn blue tommy hilfiger polos with brown plaid shorts and george sneakers for the entirety of your life, until you recently found Veeky Forums and took some retard's advice on what 'Fashion' was and posted something so dumb shit retarded in hopes of getting some approval. Most people can look good doing their jobs regardless, maybe not uniformed jobs, but where people have the freedom to choose their outfits, yea bud

I'm an on-site stylist for a semi-highend menswear store. I advise customers who visits the store.

I like to think that my job is quite effay

federal booby inspector
amazon mechanical turk

Sort your brain out buddy, I think you need some help.

Protip: you're autistic.

Lol, bud, if you are gonna argue with me, at least have the slightest amount of substance. If you don't ever do that, you literally might be on the autism spectrum, which is irony.

>tfw going to school to study engineering
>least effay job in existance

>What are some Veeky Forums careers that can afford me a life of dignity and material comfort?

anything that generates money so you can buy your newest Rick Owen clothing item?

dumb fucking question, OP.
you can be Veeky Forums in your free time while cleaning shit in a canalisation.

You didn't post an argument, just swear words and inane rhetoric.

>Most people can look good doing their jobs regardless
You are one heck of a dreamer.

Sort your brain out buddy

Lol exactly, you didn't post an argument, that was my point, Jesus guy, if you want to make a point, you have to actually make a point.
And it was a generalization, are you the most literal literalist to ever walk the face of this planet? Or do you just keep repeating 'sort your brain out' like the tourettes ridden autist that you are.

Like Jesus guy, you're insulting people that say businessmen or investors have a sense of style, like what the fuck are you doing? Anyone can look good at the job as long as they have the freedom to dress in what they want reasonably, are you seriously that fucking stupid?

this is truly the most Veeky Forums

Private detective

autist-tier

musician, painter, film director, pro skater, model.

shit that requires talent and creativity.

are u serious?

same, at least I'm moving to Berlin next year

I hate fuckers who are into outrageous socks. I grew out of that shit my sophomore year of high school. And honestly those socks in pic related are fairly conservative as far as wild patterns go, but it still makes me want to punch him in the kidneys.

easily the best answer ITT.

He's an investment banker bro, he can buy your daddy

As an analyst at an investment bank, let me tell you this shit is not Veeky Forums

What's not Veeky Forums about it?

>mfw studying pharmacy
how un/fa/ will I be?

Based on my experience, the work isn't that exciting or challenging - just an insane amount of hours doing mind-numbing work in excel or powerpoint. All of the analysts I work with use their time in banking as a stepping stone to bigger and better things - nobody wants to be here longer than they have to.

I suppose at the director / managing director level it becomes Veeky Forums, but my bosses dress very conservatively. I think one wears a Rolex but it's the base model Submariner. Some wear Ferragamo or Hermes ties but it's nothing too extravagant.

People make it seem way more glamorous that it really is. It's nothing like American Psycho (and I work in M&A)

Everything you fucking idiot. It's monotonous and shit. Find what you love and do it.

Murders and executions?

You're a fucking ugly bitch. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.

How much money do you have available for sick cops and how do you dress when you're not at work?

it isn't just the socks
the loud-ass suit pattern does him no favors

this is objective

>pizza delivery guy
>advertising
>model
>drug dealer
>grindcore/black metal/powerviolence musician
>folk musician
>painter
>independent military
>security consultant
>homeless
>stylist

Me and my crew are the coolest and most comfy out there.

Only old people work as watchmakers

>tfw going to be working at a tech startup soon
>could have worked at bank in ny but fucked up interview
Kill me already
it'll be pingpong, beer and sweatpants around the office every day soon..

>tfw starting comp sci (hopefully) next year even though i graduated high school 2.5 years ago

we gon make it senpai

I'm a UX/interaction designer. My job is pretty effay.

"fashion is seasonal, but style is forever"

That's certainly a quote that sometimes makes peoples eyes roll, but it's fairly true. Fashion is important for showing you understand the world around you, but you need to show some self awareness if you want to really look your best. It's easy to look like you're wearing a costume. If not now, then in the future.

Is urban planning Veeky Forums?

sounds like you're jealous that you're not in an industry that allows that kind of sartorial freedom

Barista detected

Double this. Working at the big4 - not fa at all. Wearing Rick out of work

thank for helping see my own autism

As an accountant at a Law firm, I can tell you, largely, a lot of people don't know how to dress. But those with the means and knowledge are incredibly stylish.
That's what I mean by Lawyers + Businessmen, however I work across from the stock exchange downtown, and a lot of the people that go in and out look like they don't try,
but I would say a good 20-25% of them are pretty well dressed.

this

>pet engineer
>fashionable

I guess if you look at it a certain way

Speaking from experience when you're on site for two weeks at a time working 16 hour days the last thing on your mind is fashion

Accurate.

Most lawyers aren't very good dressers. The overall trend is "me too"-ish conservatism. There's also an overall downward trend because most lawyers eventually figure out that there's no point in dressing to the nines if you're locked in your office doing doc review or drafting verbiage all day.

>magic the gathering

you'll never be effay

you mean nick wooster? who get's paid to tell brands what to make and has celebrities ripping his fits regularly?

The game is fun, and its easy to be best dressed if you wear more than athletic shorts, a graphic tee, and sketchers

Where did you do your MA?

>model
>talent
>creativity
wew lad

arguably the game may be fun but it's crawling with basement dwelling grand wizards. besides, being the best dressed magic player is like being the king of shit mountain

Drug driller.

Hobo / Traveler

OK, here's the thing about architects: they generally dress well, and when you see them in public they are immaculately pressed. But relatively few architects ever come into contact with anyone other than clients or each other. A lot of them just stay at their desks with CAD software.

Curatorial careers are inherently Veeky Forums because we gain PR value for ourselves and our employers by presenting ourselves a certain way. We deal with the press, we deal with the public. We work with artists. We do private tours for rich people. Etc. There's a lot of opportunity to dress with intention and there are rewards for doing so.

One thing that you can do now that you couldn't when I was in school is get a degree specifically in curatorial studies. I've spoken to classes in Columbia's program on this. Obviously no degree guarantees a job but if you get a master's in curatorial studies from the Sorbonne you can pretty much write your own ticket.

Call yourself a "flaneur". Sounds sufficiently effete.