Which of you has actually bought a designer tee and how do you justify your purchase?

Which of you has actually bought a designer tee and how do you justify your purchase?

Other urls found in this thread:

paom.com/products/flower-print-t/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have a few rick tees because they work great with rick pants and i can afford it

basic tees like the one you posted are available much cheaper and you won't see a big difference

Yeah plenty. Why do I need to justify it?

p ridiculous paying so much for a plain tee shirt
>inb4 muh quality

I doubt theres much of a quality difference between a 50$ tee and 500$ tee

one is made for 5$ the other for 50$

makes you think, huh?

Why is it ridiculous? It's just a bit of cash.

>500 burgerdollars
>a bit of cash
Daddys money please go

rick tees because they cool as fuck
also cut them up cause they're long as fuck

margiela cigarette box t-shirt
bought because cool as fuck even tho gimmicky
still love it tho

bought some jil sander t-shrits because the fit is so goood, material and fit blows away any fitted tee I bought in my life

but yeah, stopped buying expensive t-shirts, because they're fucking t-shirts

Shiiit, I wanna get a jil sander tee but I don't think I ever will. Besides, for some reason I'm leaning more towards boxy tees. What would be a good price to get a jil sander tee for if I ever see one pop up on grailed or on sale?

Two dick flap tanks on sale for $125 each and a double layer tee at the rick store for retail at $357 plus tax fml

>buy a pack of hanes for 12 bucks
>go to AC MOORE
>professionally have TOM FORD, Valentino, etc written on your shirt for 4 dollars
>nobody can tell the difference (and actually more people will notice you are wearing "expensive designer tshirts")

been doing this for years. Your welcome

Dumb thought.
I know lots of people like the cuts of designer tee's
But can't one just get some hanes tee's and cut/hem it to closely match a designer tee?

You seem upset, boss. : /

yes. this is called tailoring. it'll make your clothes fit much better.

lmao if you actually do this, fucking loser
who the fuck wears logos on clothes in 2016

Okay, that's what I thought.

In my mind I thinking:
>get a designer tee that you like the cut of
>literally just lay it on top of a normal tee
>outline and cut the normal tee to match

Actually, would it be hard/worthless for someone to trace a shirt, somehow scan and upload it, and have it so you can print the pattern at home?

yes you can but it's dumb. If you didn't get it, designer products arent made to have pretty patterns; they're made to show wealth and patronship.

>use print all over me (paom.com)
>design your own shirt
>printed cheaply
>if someone else buys it you make money

related:
paom.com/products/flower-print-t/

easy

there are copyright rules but they don't really put the effort into checking, you can fake designer shit if you want

rick double layer, can't find that kind of fit anywhere else let alone for cheap
jil sander python tee, bcoz it looks fcking sick
also various undercover, number nine graphic tees but they're pretty affordable

>caring that people notice your "designer" tees
you're a fcking idiot

Just poor but thats basically the same

>amy glenn tee
>hypebeast shit, supreme/ off white etc etc
>cdg play bc fuckbwoi
i justify it bc its not my money :)

making patterns isn't quite that easy unless you unstitch the tshirt and trace the individual pieces

I love the block color Versace tees. That little Medusa head is good luck too.

There's poor people who could use that money for stuff that actually matters

There i said it

Well then they should work harder to earn it.

This response is basically a meme at this point
gr8 b8

i'm more concerned w/ them not investing in good plastic surgery. like, you're gonna shell out over 500 on a god damn t-shirt but not fix your face???? excuse me???????????????

lol this cunt
do you donate to african children on a daily basis?

No but I'm barely scraping by myself I'm not the dude spending five hunna on t-shirts¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Try harder

you need the money more than african children?

No but giving away like 480 everytime I buy a tshirt would wreck me, yet he would be able to keep living exactly the same if he did it. I can call him out on that much.

Are you going to reword the african children stuff for the third time or will you actually turn on your brain?

What if I *am* daddy?

And this people is why you shouldn't make assumptions about people's lives based on what they say on the internet

>ITT butthurt moralfags that can't afford their grails

you could have bought a cheaper phone, car, apartment, dishwasher or anything else, children in africa could have used that money...
and why do you even eat anything other than bread? children in africa would be content with just bread...
why do you even wash yourself though? water costs money and it's not like washing is necessary to survive. I'm sure african children would have a better use for that water...

If you won the lottery today you would jump right the fuck off your high horse and replace it with a Porsche to drive to the Gucci store.

you
this

also if you think everyone's dream shit is porsche and gucci well that's just shit taste :^)

Does it come with a happy ending?

The line isn't black and white, there's a grey area. Not everyone who earns more than african children is "obligated" to donate to the less fortunate. It's once you leave that grey area and are earning significant amounts of money to the point where your purchases are, by an objective standard, frivolous that you should probably give to the less fortunate.

I don't have a dog in this fight and the replies I'm quoting are probably bait, I just wanted to write out the theory in relatively plain english so that no one gets bad ideas.

where's the line though? giving to charity is cool if it makes you feel better, but noone is really obligated to do it if they don't feel like it

>by an objective standard
stopped reading

Why cause it's true?

I worked my ass off to get where I am. You can too, if you want to wear designers put in the effort to get them, it's not hard.

The line isn't set anywhere, it's a general sort of moment, best identified by when you're spending money on things often that you could easily do without. In my opinion, I'd put that line at buying starbucks daily, but that's just me. $500 t-shirts are a fairly solid line too.

But yeah your point is correct, that's why I put obligated in inverted commas, because no one is actually obligated. Just from a moral standpoint, that's the point where you should. However, that's not human nature, we don't have that instinct within us. So while it may be the "logical, reasonable thing" to do, that doesn't necessarily align with our behaviour.

True objectivity doesn't exist; when you see objectivity referred to, you should consider it as an overwhelming subjective opinion that a vast majority of reasonable people would agree on.

there is no "overwhelming subjective opinion"
you said it yourself when you quoted your own opinion

As I said, I'm laying out the theory in plain english. I'm neither advocating it nor opposing it. Just making it clear what the theory is.

Started only buying >$50 tees as for me the difference is huge compared to generic cheap ones. Most people I know will only partially agree ("ok looks actually good on you but cmon 70 bucks for a t-shirt?")

I will not buy a t-shirt for $500 (have dress shirts close to that, though) but I respect the choice.

GTFO communist

why do you get triggered by someone's doings ? did it interfere with your stuffs though ?

i agree. there's way more cool things you can do with that money. Also, why not use that money to buy something that isn't a fucking T shirt? so nu-male to wear designer t shirts. all of my T shirts are from fundraisers and organizations

Not that user, but while it doesn't interfere with him personally there is a feeling of sympathy that's assumed in most people that when someone is suffering and you can help (not to mention with little-to-no hindrance to you), you SHOULD help. That's basically it, it's not an overly complex theory.

Guys, Hanes or Fruit of the Loom?

I find both fade pretty bad (in black), but I've heard good things about the American Apparel tees that you can buy for the low-low on Amazon. They're supposedly the ones that printers buy.

just bought a visvim shirt, i had extra cash so I said fuck it.

i've bought like six rick owens tees, the justification being that you can't find halfway similar construction or materials in basic tees, tanks and longsleeves from anyone else. despite all of the imitators, there's seriously nowhere else to go if you're interested in getting what rick has to offer.

that said, i'd never pay a fifth of what i pay for rick tees for a regular old cotton crew neck. and i buy my rick tees about as cheap as you can find them secondhand

I doubt you have money to afford it, generally the people who don't have the money, and can't afford it, say things like
>It's just a bit of cash

Yet the people who can afford it and have money, either say something like
>I find them alright, it's probably not entirely practical
or they won't say anything at all.
That's the rich lying faggots parallel

Because it is simply idiotic

It is an option for me because I'm still a student but for people who have low ass paying jobs and families to sustain they can't just quit and go to college or quit and get a better paying job. It's not hard to wrap your head around that.

And then the stretchy fabric will fuck you up anyways

that honestly looks like shit

lol yea that's why I'm drowning in pussy and you aren't. but go ahead and spend 400 bucks on a plain shirt that will never even get noticed.
lol

I did but the material was very shiny and nipplicious on me. :(

>I get laid and you don't so you must listen to me

Dismissed.

Dude I'm a sophomore in college and I'm still able to buy all the luxury I want, and I'm not silver spoon either. I'm able to make this money myself with my photography work.

It's not hard, you can do something similar as well.

One is *sold* for $5.00, the other for $50.00

>I'm able to afford all the luxury I want
>because I'm photographer
>I'm also 19

What is the point of this kind of self-inflating/deception online? Your parents probably float you up and pay for most of your shit, and you rationalize being able to afford ridiculous high-fashion through your autonomy. Forgive me if you're a wunderkind photographer I hope you get your noble prize soon. Either way you don't inhabit a realistic situation, and to imply >lol man you could do it too, makes you absolutely fucking retarded.

You completely sidestepped my argument

>implying Porsches are shit

Do you know anything about cars? or do you just spend your time on /fa whinging about being poor? Get the fuck off here and do something more constructive, better yet, cancel your internet subscription for my sake.

>implying i implied that

weak

Seem really angry brotato chip : P

>that's just shit taste

Mong.

>I trick girls into having sex with me by pretending to be rich
I don't know if I should hate you, or admire you for your creativity in tricking dumb sluts.

Use the full context tard

Thinking it's the best car money can buy is shit taste

guys, just buy a cheap t-shirt with a material you like them taylor it lol

It's actually up at 380 USD not 500. It isn't just a plain t-shirt. It has the Valentino stud on the back.

kind of dishonest post

>noble prize

God you're dumb

Also, there isn't a Nobel prize in photography.

Where's your website/portfolio, bro? You sound pretty successful.
Strawmanning ain't gonna help yo, and I'd be able to distinguish Nobel and Pulitzer if photog wasn't such a vacuous, cucked field