Are kpop stars effay?

Are kpop stars effay?

Also, Korean inspo thread. Last one had a good turnout.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/xxxibgdrgn/?hl=en
instagram.com/choi_seung_hyun_tttop/
youtu.be/nUYu7SFzhBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lpwG8f9nt4s
youtu.be/GZjt_sA2eso
youtube.com/watch?v=3ze6drtwiE4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I feel like most groups wear some pretty hilariously odd shit, so I don't know if I'd consider it Veeky Forums or just entertaining.

Case in point, Hyuna and the hilariously awkward choice to wear generic-ass NY sports gear on a roof, except for Mr. Detroit in the back

But then there's awesome work like Minah's "I am a woman too," which is genuinely good from an aesthetic perspective while still being k-poppy

I wouldn't call the girl groups fashionable for the most part. In videos and in real life.

c.f. D.Holic dressing like fucking NY Jewish princesses for some reason

so much YSL in one video

Hyuna is not effay

I agree. There's a sense that the music videos are much more about being cute/sexy/whatever and selling an image, and brands don't really factor into that. I suspect the mens' groups tend to care more because (1) their demographic cares more and (2) homosexuality hurrr.

Case in point: Rainbow. Pretty much zero Veeky Forums effort here, but it's cute so it works. Ditto with Rainbow Blaxx, except in the sexy direction.

I WILL FIGHT YOU

GD

Yeah most girl groups are just trying to look either cute or sexy, there isn't much thought about the fashion beyond that.

I have come to terms with the fact that I am manipulated and I'm okay with that

Also, like any good Veeky Forums thread, I'm going to continue to contribute dumb shit that's not truly fashionable and make threats against anyone who calls me out on it

Pictured: AOA not moving much because heels

Korea's answer to a zombie invasion: fuck up some camo, brand yourself, dance around a schoolbus

T-ara routinely dresses like someone Japanese had something to do with it, and I mean that in the most offensive way possible

>Also, like any good Veeky Forums thread, I'm going to continue to contribute dumb shit that's not truly fashionable and make threats against anyone who calls me out on it
Okay edgelord, didn't want this to be a shitty kpop girl group thread (that's what the mu general is for) so I'm outie. Enjoy your shitposting.

Republican pin because why not

Sarcasm escapes you.

the korean fashion industry is extremely depressing. they're really trying tho...so...can't be too hard on them I guess

>copying westerners
>striving to look exactly the same as everyone else

such a fashionable culture

when will this meme end

What the fuck kinda westerners wear Hawaiian shirts with ripped black jeans?

GOT7 has Bambam and Jackson. They have some good fits

G-Dragon instagram.com/xxxibgdrgn/?hl=en
T.O.P is pretty fucking effay instagram.com/choi_seung_hyun_tttop/

as for girls I don't really know Sojin of Girls Day has some nice ones.

>Bambam
Yes

kpop fashion is the retarded, insecure cousin of hypebeast/SLP/kanye streetwear and its ten times as abhorent as it. all of them have zero pattern, texture, and silhouette coordination and care more about wearing trendy brands

Westerners aren't as bold. Just look at GD that tries every fucking hair style and color. Compared to what this generation looks up to we have what fucking Kanye

They actually care about what they wear and they look good. Idk why people are so offended by their fashion.

niggers

kpop fashion is pretty cool

youtu.be/nUYu7SFzhBQ

He looks good in everything

ever been to new york? lol these people aren't setting any trends

Not saying they're worldwide trend setters but they have a different style in SK (and more of an appreciation for fashion) and clothes look good on their bodies.

I feel like Veeky Forums needs their own kpop general /kpg/ anyone interested?

Yeah that'd be cool. kpg on mu is such a shithole.

how do i into kpop
whats a taeyang

A Taeyang is a man who can't seem to keep his shirt on

Bring masks to America

those things are comfy af I wish it would catch on

It's just re-hashed European minimalism with an almost 'cute' twist. A lot of Korean brands come across as slightly more childish versions of Acne and APC.

Honestly I'm surprised there isn't a dedicated thread for kpop and jfash already.

what hoodie is that?

Raf Simons new order hoodie

Suga is so effay

agreed, he's super underated

Underrated in a lot of ways

And a kpg on Veeky Forums would be any better?

The absence of kfappers makes a big difference

give it a few weeks and they'll either find out and start shitposting

Hope not

why the fuck are they in a gmod map

youtube.com/watch?v=lpwG8f9nt4s

How do I get kpop hair?

Yeah Koreans definitely have a level of appreciation for fashion. Their population on average is miles more Veeky Forums than that of the states.

bullshit

idk brah most of what I am saying is based off of what I have seen which I admit is limited. I'm not saying they are all necessarily Veeky Forums just that they put more effort into the looks than people in the states. If theres someone whos lived in S.Korea and the states please feel free to enlighten us.

Is Jessicabro here, last thread was really good.

your point was so wrong it isn't even funny.

Anyway, which korean artist has consistent good fits? Doesn't just have to be pop

GD has worn a lot of horrible shit but when it works it REALLY works. that Raf fit is god tier

Literally everyone these days lol it's a huge trend where do you even live

If by "different" you mean pop-commercialized then yeah sure. Korea is really good at taking something and making it the most "pop culture" they can, ex. watering down clothes to a representation of the form alone. That process / sensibility can be appreciated in itself, but yeah there aren't any new trends coming out of Korea. It's just all western stuff they take and simplify it for the masses.

>there aren't any new trends coming out of Korea

because colored hair is so trendy in Western fashion, right?

What a select few celebrities do isn't representative of the general population. I'm Korean and you /kpop/ lot always want to project your kpop fantasies onto the entire country / culture.

Also your post makes no sense, I was stating that Korea is not a major influencer in the global fashion zeitgeist, and you're saying that dyed hair is a trend exclusive / domestic to Korea is in agreement to my point. So idk what you're trying to say. Even if dyed hair was more prevalent in Korea than western culture (It's not), that would make it a trend that's staying within the country, not "coming out of".

>Are kpop stars effay?
I've been to Korea, yeah colored hair isn't that popular among the average Korean. But among male celebrities, it is way more prevalent. Outside of Zayn Malik, I can't really think of any Western male celebrity with an unnatural hair color (bleached blonde doesn't count).

>that would make it a trend that's staying within the country, not "coming out of".
It's been steadily gaining popularity in kpop. Will it spread overseas in the future? I dunno, but it's something innovative. Your initial claim was that Korean fashion is
>just all western stuff they take and simplify for the masses
which simply isn't true. even among average Korean men, BB cream and that bowlcut/undercut hairstyle that's so trendy are unique to Korea. you're acting like Koreans are desperate to look like clones of Westerners, when they make plenty of fashion choices that aren't from the West at all.

I'm talking about clothing and the fashion industry here, not "fashion" in terms of "popular style" including hair / beauty / cosmetics

I never said Koreans are consciously trying to copy western culture. You assuming that obviously shows that you're just a crossposting koreaboo, with no actual knowledge of fashion. The clothing and parallel trends within Korea are all derived from the cultural codes of western (sub)cultures, and are commodified to appeal to Korean design / aesthetic sensibilities (non-aggression, subdued). The consumers may not be consciously aware of the provenance, but it does all come from outside.

>they make plenty of fashion choices that aren't from the West at all.

Could I see some examples? Because I keep a close eye on Korean fashion and definitely have NOT seen any of this. I bet you I could connect it back to the west. Genuinely curious what you've seen that you think is truly grounded in Korean culture with no outside influences.

idk man, not the guy you were talking to but here in finland you can spot pink, green and fucking rainbow coloured hair all over the place

but then again we wuz mongols

literally nothing stopping you from wearing one and making it a thing. try to be ahead of the curve for once in your life.

People would think I have some serious disease

Post some effay kpop MV's
youtu.be/GZjt_sA2eso

youtube.com/watch?v=3ze6drtwiE4

arr rook the same

I'd still rather look up to fucking Kanye then bunch of bandwagoning chinks.

Do we really need to make already struggling board even worse?

yes

k-pop is like seeing the shit parts of US culture through an oriental lense

Kanye is shit tho and so are most people in the US and if they are trying to be fashionable they just copy shit they see. Ive been to Korea and what I mostly saw was younger people dressed very nice they looked clean, they fucking take care of themselves.
And fucking western fashion isn't bold anymore
we don't make fashion anymore we just copy other shit at least if they copy shit they make more ways to wear and they try no things.
Koreans are just very bold with their clothing and its something you don't see in the states.

everything from asia is artificial as fuck, got no soul and has already been a success in the past. those chink twinks think they're like lou reed but they're just euro wannabe.
also, they catter to the anime/weaboo crowd so they can't be Veeky Forums de facto

Been busy. One of the Twices, Jihyo's been spotted wearing Black&Eclare. Koreans hated it, of course but Jessica is unstoppable.

i think you meant their stylists. also, why is it bad? because its gaudy, incoherent shit

thats the problem they're too hung up on catching the newest trend that they have zero identity.

also, westerners and probably japanese make almost all of the trends mate. you barely see this kshit faggots repping local brands. ripped jeans, oversized sweaters, skinny jeans, chelsea boots, etc.? all western shit.

they are 100% trend and everything that is wrong with fashion

>Blanc&Eclare
fix'd

>And fucking western fashion isn't bold anymore we don't make fashion anymore we just copy other shit at least if they copy shit they make more ways to wear and they try no things. Koreans are just very bold with their clothing and its something you don't see in the states.
I don't know where you live; but as a parisian I can tell you you're wrong. Every day I see fucking chinks taking photos of fashion ads in the subway; then they get back in their countries and steal everything.

who is that, google image search does nothing. he looks so great

EXO Kai

His name is Kai.

>itt buttmad insecure weebs hating on korean fashion for no legitimate reason

>western fashion isn't bold anymore

Again, you can't actually comment on fashion without knowing anything about it. You are talking about what people (presumably) in your area wear, without any knowledge of the global fashion industry and its designers, which happen to be like 99% outside of korea.

You gotta stop projecting your fantasies of a select few celebrities onto the country and its culture as a whole. Speaking as a whole, fashion and dress within Korean society is the FARTHEST thing from bold, 99.9% of the population dress the same.

>We don't make fashion anymore

Again, stop. What world are you living in? You are so painfully oblivious of ACTUAL fashion it's incredible. 100% of Korean fashion is derived from global influences, what "new" things are Koreans trying? Please show me an example.

>Koreans are just very bold with their clothing

Again, no. Just no. It's simply not true.

>something you don't see in the states

Again, stop making sweeping generalizations. Yeah, maybe if you live in a flyover state. Go to any big city and you will see fashion.

I'm Korean and you self-hating western koreaboos disgust me. Gtfo Veeky Forums and go back to /mu/ or /r9k/ or whatever shithole you came from.

>telling me to go back to where I came from
your probably a summerfag shut the fuck up and just leave the board.

>gets btfo
>s-summerfag!

I already want to kill myself so thanks for the encouragement :)
but ill just go watch my kpop and look at fashion

>Speaking as a whole, fashion and dress within Korean society is the FARTHEST thing from bold, 99.9% of the population dress the same.
This is a hilarious thing to say if you're American. Stop relying on three or four major cities to carry your entire sweats and t-shirt wearing population. Koreans overall put way more effort into their clothing (even if YOU think they're all clones) and this thread is mainly for kpop inspo which isn't anything like your average Western fashion so why don't you find one of the hundreds of other non-fashion relation threads on Veeky Forums to rant in to make better use of your time.

Kanye might be shit but doesn't change that your denial is fucking awful. Korea is from celebrities down to the average pleb just huge fucking artificial clusterfuck devouring trend after trend looking like fucking clones and you fucking sit there and dare to spew that shit when you obviously don't know shit. Like you fucking claim that people in west aren't bold which is either caused by you living in shithole or having your head in your fucking ass.

>we don't make fashion anymore we just copy other shit at least if they copy shit they make more ways to wear and they try no things.

and this is fucking gem. They copy west and here we in the west copy apparently "other shit" which I wonder where it comes from? It sure didn't come from Korea so we copy shit from fucking moon or some shit. Fucking worse than weebs defending their cartoons.

>This is a hilarious thing to say if you're American
Did you even read his response?

Did you read the rest of mine? Either way, fashion trickles down from the top designers even in America and the majority of those designers are European.

TERRORWAVE

The average korean could probably pass as an American alternative tumblr kid, or everyday Veeky Forums poster not bothered enough to try anything new
Loose and palewave up the ass, meme shoes everywhere, everything looks the part of being taken straight off general inspo threads
Everyone has the same haircut, and about half the girls have orange hair

t. American korean on vacation

yeah, basically the average korean dresses way better than the average american, but they all dress kinda the same so it becomes generic and boring

Kai..