Know any sick vegan kicks?

moral fag looking for any effay shoes that'll let me sleep at night owning. Thanks bros

Other urls found in this thread:

vegan-shoes-usa.com/men-s-vegan-shoes.html
bboheme.com/
keepcompany.com/collections/shoes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kek, just ignore the incoming vegan hating trolls. they don't even accept facts. Veeky Forums is almost as bad as reddit when you mention the word vegan.

Whatever, there's not many good vegan sneakers. I really hate that, I love canvas as a fabric for sneakers but unfortunately it's mostly used for cheap ugly shoes and fake leather is shit, I bought some vegan boots that everybody in the vegan community recommends and praises but they were shit, as a vegan if i really needed dress shoes or durable boots i would buy real leather without thinking.

I recommend rombaut, I'm going to post pics after this post.

>anyone who disagrees with me is a troll
>>>/tumblr/

pretty good!

>moral fag
you mean special snowflake

any shoes will let you sleep at night if you realize that the pain you've inflicted on animals is a speck of dust compared to the torture animals inflict on other animals

If an animal dies of natural causes it's pelt can still be used in apparel and be labeled vegan

No, that's not my point. I'm ok with discussing veganism and all of that but remember you're on Veeky Forums, it's very difficult to keep the discussions reasonably civilized. Also this is supposed to be a fashion board, I've made, lurked and posted on vegan threads because I like to discuss clothing materials, alternatives to leather and nice vegan brands but people always derail the threads. If you want to discuss veganism I suggest going to a vegan forum or some place like that to ask questions. Also there are many people like you that assume things before even knowing, I never said anyone who disagrees with me is a troll.

You again? I'm not going to discuss that with you. If you want to keep talking about that come back with an actual definition of veganism and compare it with your post. Also where does it states that the animals rick used died of natural causes? using the skin of an animal who lived happily and naturaly is totally not possible, we live in a capitalist world and using a 20year old cow's skin to make shoes would be a waste of money.

i agree! but too bad no one would due that because it would cost too much

Just be aware that occasionally the adhesive they use shows between seams, and there have been some reports of the shoes literally melting in high heat (mainly tree bark derbies). I like their newer c/w with the white/tan/cork strap looking thing tho

>animals do it therefore it's okay

Yeah, but I'm not retarded. So if I killed a dog for shoes I'd feel bad. However if you are autistic enough to not care about your actions go right head pal, I envy your bliss!

fuck id pay a lot for dog skin shoes, wonder how it'd look

papa franku is that u?

Your argument is bad, don't even try. As a vegan i tell you to stfu or come up with something nicer.

I'm aware of that, I was thinking of copping the tree bark combat boots but I'm not sure. Too bad they're the only real option for interesting designs.

you're being a real vegan gains rn bud

what's that?

Ok I'm actually gonna give some options
>Vegan Dr Martens
>Literally any canvas sneaker
>Moo shoes
>Not shoes but April 77 makes some pretty good vegan stuff

>Vegan Dr Martens
Supporting a company like Dr Martens as a vegan

>Literally any canvas sneaker
The same argument as above for most canvas making companies, also some use non-vegan glues and even unnecessary leather pieces.

Op I feel ya dude. Saucony just released vegan shows and I may pick up a pair of blue or black ones as beaters

whats wrong with supporting a company that OFFERS a vegan option. They made the decision. They are at least moving in the right direction. Do ee need leather patches of dead animal all over our shit? hell no dude

they know the stock that is bought and I'd bet big bucks more vegan docs have sold recently than in the past years.

I didn't even think about glues, I'm not a vegan myself but I was just thinking based on materials. Sorry I couldn't help much :/

HEY GUYS IM A VEGAN!!!

nike, adidas, and most popular ones do. I think vans and maybe converse technically vegan

Because they're mass produced and probably the people who make those shoes are barely able to live because of their wages and poor working conditions. But ok, at least you didn't came to troll.

You sound just like reddit.

Vans and converse are vegan (some vans models are not) but I don't think the people who make the shoes have very happy lifes. If you can spend a little bit more I recommend slp.

I've had work boots from Will's Vegan Shoes for going on 2 years and have liked them a lot.

vegan-shoes-usa.com/men-s-vegan-shoes.html

dude, thats capitalism. Doing what I/we can is not a crime is it?

call me a poorfag if you want, but I'm not looking to pay 500 bucks for a pair of shoes. a bit ridiculous its 500 bucks to find 'ethically produced' shoes not made of animal, no?

Also, companies like vans/adidas etc arent the worst thing in the world always. because of their american selling point they are under more scrutiny and the workers have more power than say field workers (albeit not much)

It sucks to say, but I don't see an alternative with our current set up.

is it vegan if my dog dies and then i make a coat out of his fur?

Dude who has size 14 feet here. Wils vegan are slightly tight (the one I tried on) and I cant get shoes like pottery. Any mid/low range stuff out there for me or is it vans for life?

There's shoes like pottery and many other brands. Novesta makes pretty cheap shoes, i think they're less than $60, also shoes like pottery are not tthat expensive, there are many other brands but i won't list them here. I didn't say what you do is a crime, i just think it's better to not support super big companies. Also don't blame capitalism, it hasn't been this way for ever, there were more local brands before, there were more quality clothes made by locals. Watch The True Cost, it's a decent documentary.

I own wills chelsea boots, the shaft is too wide and i don't really like fake leather. I don't recommend them

Holy shit, any more standards for your fucking shoes? Renewable energies too maybe? Why don't you just make a pair yourself.

>There's shoes like pottery and many other brands. Novesta makes pretty cheap s
^thats me
Totlaly willing to pay up to ~200 for a pair (although thats aa bit high) if they will last and look okay

Will check out The True Cost and Novest, thanks.

Vegans are fucked up people.
Only people I know that watch animal cruelty videos regularly.

Agree about the chelseas, don't really like the fit or the look. Still like the work boots though.

Try maison kitsune shoes, I'm not sure if they make your size. I'm not even sure if they're vegan or ethically made but I don't want to ask them right now. Maybe you should e-mail them. They're expensive tho.

I don't think so,maybe just cruelty free.

Is that too much standards for you? It's not a problem for me, it's actually fun for me to look for ethically made shoes (and share them here).

>maison kitsune

no dice, but thanks

ever thought about making a vegan google doc or something? I would be down to help

I also like the game of looking, but being size 14 makes the game almost impossible.

also, any way I can talk to you about clothes as well. Been like this for like two years now and I need more shoes, a backpack, and some plain T's Kinda just lost as theres so many places to buy T shirts but coming across boutique type shops that carry my sie is difficult

You can contact me at vegan(at)tfwno(dot)gf I'm thinking of making infographics and maybe a ethical, sustainable, vegan forum. I also suggest going to r/vegan, I know Veeky Forums hates reddit but that sub is nice, reddit is nice if you stick to the smaller subreddits.

emailing ya now, thanks

Carol Christian Poell

Carol Christian Poell and artisanal brands like that (Carpe Diem, MA+, Guidi, a1923, etc.) base their garments on leather, in fact leather the material they experiment the most with. You posted in the wrong thread.

don't buy leather shoes, problem solved

canvas, flyknit, primeknit materials are an option and countless models are available in all 3

This x2

Wax that canvas if you want something shiny

just make them yourself, it's the only way to be sure
what if for example it turns out your new vegan kicks contain glue that was partially made from animal bones, or even though the shoe is made in Italy it is made by very lightly underpaid workers!
that would be a travesty, just make your own shoes. be sure not to underpay yourself though

animals are our resources.

And the energy isn't renewable, chemicals harmful to the environment are used in the process and worker protection is sub standard, forming unions isn't allowed, to built the factory important habitats have been destroyed, the shoes are transported via plane, oh yeah and you're literally wearing fucking oil in your feet, what the fuck is wrong with you, why would you ever support more plastic garbage.

exactly, you can't possibly eliminate all of those things in mass-scale production, so the only way to have a clear conscience is to make every item you use yourself from the ground up
and forget about fucking electronics, get off the internet right now.
I bet that computer wasn't manufactured in a first-world country...

kek

I completely agree. The most ethical way to do this is to only use your own waste such as urine, hair, nails and excrement, fallen leaves, dried wood, stones and dead animals if they aren't being eaten by other animals for three days (look for animals that died in caves, basements, garages etc).

but the thing is i don't care about people, people can easily get out of slavery nigga, just like leave the factory lmao. capitalism literally solves this problem, human issues are all brought to themselves.

>reddit

Why has nobody recommended thrifting for leather second hand and being done with it.

Shoes have already been made, paid for, and used. You aren't contributing to further animal suffering, you get your shoes, you contribute to no additional environmental pollution, and those shoes don't go to waste.

It's an option, unless you're so vegan you won't even look at leather, in which case good luck to you on this.

Lmao fuck off poseur

for some people it's still just the idea of wearing a dead animal on their feet

I've considered this option though myself, still unsure about where I stand on it

Well consider the reasons that I've mentioned because they all seem to be perfectly valid. The animals already been dead, paid for, and used to the point where they feel like they're no longer needed, might as well make sure they go until they're worn to pure shit so that they last a bit longer before contributing to the mountains of human waste. You're friends might be very militant though and that might be an uncomfortable confrontation.

Still, I think it's a very valid approach. Pretty sure I've had this conversation on Veeky Forums before

>it is pointless to try to improve the world, unless you can fix every single thing
WELL DONE WELL DONE HOWEVER

stop coming up with excuses you horrible person, I bet you don't even grow your own food (fruits only of course, and remember to swallow the seeds whole and shit them out in the woods)
there is no excuse for being this IGNORANT about the products you're buying

>he doesn't make sandals from tree bark

fuck off wannabe faggot

>Dr. Martens
>supporting sweatshops and inhuman working conditions
>bbut my animals are more important
That's why I laugh at vegans. Double standards everywhere.

>ignoring genuine suffering because it doesn't suit your lifestyle choices
pathetic

Fuck every time someone makes an ethical clothing thread whether it simply be me making a thread about clothes not sourced from sweatshop conditions or this user looking for cruelty free footwear, it always devolves into some stupid debate.

I came here to look at cool vegan shoes... not argue with NEET uneducated anons about the morals of veganism.

Think he was being sarcastic

I know this is a shitpost but there really is no better feeling than growing your own food.

But someone else might have bought that used leather shoe and not bought a new one instead.

Anyone bought anything from
bboheme.com/
?

I'm a vegan myself and i've been wondering if killing myself would finally release me from this world of cruelty and capitalism, i think i'll try tomorrow.

Cmon my vegan friends, lets all be free of this consumerist society and leave the world to the animals, the rightful owners!

not every vegan cares about the animals, also not every vegan buys brands like dr martens. stop generalizing

ahah what the fuck those are appalling

Holy shit, this thread is some top tier fucking cringe

FUCK YEAH VEGAN BRAHS IN HERE

I really want to but it's so damn expensive :\\\
(for me at least)

Has anyone had any experience with VegetarianShoes?

You're prioritizing animal lives over human lives and your $500. Which, if that's what you want to do, whatever, but don't pretend like you're being somehow superlatively "ethical" by purchasing shoes with the raw materials supplied by the petroleum industry or industrial horticulture instead of industrial animal husbandry.

T H E R E I S N O E T H I C A L C O N S U M P T I O N U N D E R C A P I T A L I S M
T H E R E I S N O E T H I C A L C O N S U M P T I O N U N D E R C A P I T A L I S M

Now stop worrying about how you're a bad person and start worrying about what you can do to fix this busted world.

Also, the solution to your problem is buying used leather shoes, and if you really don't want to be ~~implicated~~ in anything, buy them over CL and bicycle to pick them up, using calories you grew or dumpstered yourself.

Also in the last instance, using money you stole from a bank surreptitiously, so you didn't traumatize any clerks.

>>My arbitrary choices about niceness are the more important than anything else.

I don't know how you cope with the meanies on the internet.

>>Furries the thread

>those photos are halal

dank meme comrade

Nope, you can do more good by staying alive and (1) making money and donating it to effective charities (see givewell) and (2) convincing other people that they benefit from the suffering of others and that they should do more to help those others.

I don't think there were poor shoemakers before when everybody buyed local produced clothes. Fast fashion kinda ruined that.

Keep is my go to for casual shoes, all vegan, cool collabs /w musicians aswell

keepcompany.com/collections/shoes

Its directly supporting and perpetuating the leather goods industry. It just doesnt sit well with me

>other person presents a valid argument
>your response, "hurr durr im not going to talk about this with you"
Go back to tumblr, subhuman piece of trash. You're not even capable of critical thought.

I already discussed that with him like 4 times, he always comes back with the same bad argument. You can look at the archived vegan threads. He even accepted that he was wrong last time.

i accidentaly typed a name haha :( sorry

Isn't there a company that makes parka from the fur of wolves that are shot due to keep populations down around farming areas?

I don't think so. I didn't know wolves were too populated.