Are there any historical events that legitimately make you feel sad to know they happened?

Are there any historical events that legitimately make you feel sad to know they happened?

For me it's the fall of the Weimar Republic.
It could have been wonderful.

>wonderful
with
>all those Silesians
>that enclave
>Holstein
It would've been a mess

>>>/gsg/

For me it was the fall of the Third Reich.

It could of been wonderful.

The fall of moot.

>Implying he's wrong

For me it's the fall of Drusus.

I miss snacks.

>implying he isn't
Nazi scum please leave.

downfall of the medici
bump

I feel bad that I will never get banned for calling Moot a faggot.

But understanding that throwing all of those ethnic groups under a new German state is a bad idea is completely anti-Nazi

>They killed Rosa Luxemburg
Nah fuck the Weimar Republic

Forcebumping this thread.

>Revolutionary whose violent palls paves the way for the Nazis.
Yeah, no.

>all of those ethnic groups under a new German state
Oh my God lmao, do you even know what you're talking about? Or am I being memed here?

The failure of the revolution and the big shit that happened in 1929 did that, not Rosa.

Better than reformists whose violent ways pave the road to Nazis.

What Revolution?

Alright fine, I know it's not original and has been said a million times before but the Fall of Constantinople.

Reformists*

>World War I
>Colonizing Africa in any significant way
>Harold Godwinson losing to William the Conqueror (I really want to see what a modern day Anglo-Saxon speaking Britain would look like)
>Burning of the library at Alexandria

and the one that makes me the saddest of all:
>post-modernism and relativism becoming a thing

The ones who became known as social-traitors.

Relevant

I dunno, I think I may have missed the part where they took orders from krelm and acted violently enough to give the Nazis own murders some legitimacy.

>HE ACTUALLY SAID IT THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
Rosa luxemburg didn´t support Lenin.

Also the revolution was completely justified. The socialdemocrats had killed a shit ton of germans by supporting the war.

You didn't miss it because it didn't happen.
Rosa Luxemburg was murdered in 1919, some years before the Kremlin started trying to rule over the communist parties, and some more years before the nazis started being a significant force.

>Are there any historical events that legitimately make you feel sad to know they happened?
The conquest of Eastern Europe by the USSR for half a century.

>Are there any historical events that legitimately make you feel sad to know they happened?

I would rather not talk about it.

What is the Christian version of Wahhabism?

Fundamentalists, but other than occasionally murdering abortionists they aren't really violent

Good riddance.

>It could have been wonderful.
the weimar republic was fucked from the very beginning, so no.

I donno man probably that Woodstock happened and I wasn't there man

At the present, there is none

Says who? It seemed to be doing okay until the economic crisis.

Zimbabwe being taken over by Mugabe.
Anglo perfidy strikes again.

The fall of the German Empire. So much potential of a state wasted in a mere moment. I want to say it's disgraceful but the tragedy of it just makes me sympathetic.

Franz Ferdinand's assassination.

Rhodesia was a doomed shithole even before Mugabe and Britain stood to gain nothing from bailing them out. Even if they did end up getting their own Nelson Mandela to save them you'd still cry about how its as bad as south Africa today.

Appointing Trist to negotiate the peace treaty with Mexico.

Found better image.

t. ZANU member

Rhodesia didn't need to be saved. It was a completely functional state ruined by African pan-nationalists.

XD

"A high quality of discourse".

>dignifying retarded shit with serious responses

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
Fuck off back to /pol/ if you can't formulate a decent response.

>Fuck off back to /pol/
>t. Rhodesiaboo

I'm not a rhodieboo.
If I was, I'd have called it "Rhodesia" instead of "Zimbabwe".

WW1 in general
>Dulce et decorum est
>Pro patria mori.

German majority in every region at the time, we have referendums to prove this.

>murdered
No, executed. The standard punishment for treason is execution. I'll acknowledge that even if my own personal hero(Codreanu) died in a similar way, though at least he didn't start a violent revolution after a cataclysmic war.

>implying /pol/ is a specific ideology as opposed to just a retarded form of discourse

Going to pull the card and say you've taken a serious bluepill there

There is no difference. Don't legitimize murder by the state by calling it a fancy name. Death is the result. Murder.

/pol/ is what I said it is.

Siege of Carthage, 4th crusade and the destruction of the library of Alexandria.

Seeing him sad like that hurts me to the bottom of my heart. ROC forever. 中華民國萬歲!

台湾属于中国,美国走狗。

Go genocide your own culture some more, self-hating commie cuck peasant.

Nah, Weimarer Republic was shit
It's the fall of the Kaiserreich that makes me sad

The fall of man.

When governments started to become more democratic. Look, the longest lasting and largest empires were absolute monarchist, but when empires decided to instate a constitution or become a republic they soon fell, divided or were conquered.

>be a commie who also hates lenin
>preaching marxist rhetoric
>become infuriated with SPD for supporting war, without realizing there was no going back at that point
>jailed for sabotaging own nation's war effort
>freed when willy gets the boot
>rebel against new, democratic republic that just freed you
>causing more violence after millions had just died, with the economy in shambles
>captured by former soldiers who didnt want to fight but had to to stop communism
>"well, if she can act like a man, she can die like a man"
>executed, worthless body thrown into a canal
>brainless followers prove to be just that, mopped up by freikorps
>supporters still asshurt 100 years later that an evil cunt got what was coming to her

And so was the life of Rosa Luxembourg, good riddance to bad rubbish

Seriously, when will this meme die ?

when the west stops teaching people their roots are evil

>when the west stops teaching people their roots are evil

Allied victory in WWII.

The Brits and Yanks should've teamed up with Germany to remove Bolshevik.

1453 worst year ever

Unification of Germany

It was mistake.

>Murder of the Romanovs
>Execution of Maximilian I
>Treaty of Versailles
>French Revolution

That would had pawed a way to mexican irredentism, and you don't really want that. Today it is perfect as it is, Texas seceeded on its own from Mexico, and Cali was turned into one of the wealthiest places on Earth. More mexican clay would mean mexico actually has a viable claim, which could had buttfucked the US in world wars.

Mexican military was dogshit though. They barely beat an outnumbered French expeditionary force with US support and supply and they couldn't squash commie rebels during the fin de siecle.

Not him but in his defence Rosa was trying to achieve a Communist revolution. The SDP wasn't interested in that anytime soon, because they were Social Democrats who had little interest in ending Capitalism in Germany, Rosa knew that after the war Germany had maybe the best opportunity to have a revolution than it may ever have. Giving up and saying "oh well we're all tired from the war, guess we'll just have to settle for welfare capitalism from now on" would have been absurd.

pic related
what could have been

Rose Luxemburg was utter filth.

-Colonization of the new world/europe getting way ahead of everyone else

-Everything that happened after 1914

elaborate please

Stay mad

You're the mad one because she got slaughtered like the pig she was :^)

You can kill the girl, but you can never kill the revolution.

There's no commie revolutions in the world anymore, you faggots lost and nobody cares about you anymore.

There is tho.

>you faggots lost and nobody cares about you anymore.
Two of the most influential philosophers of this century are Communist, in case you haven't noticed ;)

>streetshitter cosplayers

Only neckbeards like you care about philosophers, in case you haven't noticed.

Hello /pol/.

Hello virgin.

And just who would the be?
But more importantly, why does it matter?
Does that actually show that communism is still relevant? Does anybody care about their opinion? Should anybody care about their opinion?
What exactly makes them the "most influential"? Or are you just pulling this out of your ass?

Nice /pol/ memes.

It's an /int/ meme, Pajeet.

t. pedantpro

t. butthurt pro

/int/ is just /pol/-lite

And you are reddit lite.

yeah the fall of the weimar republic is quite sad, but wholly intriguing and has long been a fascination of mine personally. the republic was probably the first truly democratic system in the modern age. too bad it was exploited so ruthlessly by the far right. it was such a cataclysm of culture and liberal, modernistic spirit.

nevertheless, other sad events.. well...desu, there are a lot more events i wish never had happened. then happened and felt sad about it. the history of humanity is bloody and fraught with a constant struggle between egotism, class wars and heavy handed manipulation. the only hope is in the future. and how the next generation can try build a better world. not saying everyone is bad, but yeah.. im a negative cunt, cause there are a lot of negative aspects of the world we live in today.

hmm.. open question.. would anyone say we are living in an age of disillusionment?

due to the constant stream of in your face marketing, the hypocritical political and social dynamics we live by, and yada yada

I just wish Rosa had won, man

Kony 2012

ROC didn't dig up Confucius's grave my gommigo.

Confucius deserved it.