Skin Care

Skin Care tips:
>Specific products and application

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=seborrheic dermatitis&biw=1272&bih=905&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiK1qnJ2tLNAhUGzWMKHR5RDBsQ_AUIBygA&dpr=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This shit is a godsend you guys weren't kidding

if anyone has any treatment tips or remedies for seborrheic dermatitis i'd appreciate

i've used topical shampoos and medication, only minor improvements, keeps coming back

this looks sus as fuck

Pls help me Veeky Forums, met with a derm and was prescribed accutane, however it will take a month for me to start my course, however i'm going on holiday and will still have a fuckton of spots by then.

Is there any sunscreen that could double as a concealer to try and hide the spots? Any help at all would be appreciated.

>seborrheic dermatitis
google.com/search?q=seborrheic dermatitis&biw=1272&bih=905&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiK1qnJ2tLNAhUGzWMKHR5RDBsQ_AUIBygA&dpr=1

where can i buy this. fuckin outta stock everywhere i look

Got mine from amazon

just been using a charcoal soap from lush and a vitamin c serum from 100% pure
pimples are smaller and my skin is beginning to get clearer in some areas, still have redness under my skin
hope the vitamin c helps out with that like some say

aight i cant use amazon since the shipping for me is crazy, found some on a local site, chur

I've just been using the Neutrogena Naturals cleanser (not the cream one) and moisturizer. Recently had a bit of a breakout but I'm on minocycline and benzoyl peroxide for that.

Trying this one out. It's not enough to touch the worse parts of my acne, but it makes my skin heal faster and makes bumps/redness go away pretty quickly. It'd probably flush out most everything but cystic acne but, well, that's what I've got. Trying some simple masks and spot cleansers for the big ones though.

Should add, I never gained a damned thing from salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, so this stuff doing anything at all is really huge. It does make your skin start peeling off in layers but they do it easily and what's underneath is just healthier.

>Reply
I bought a cleanser from then and it's made my skin literally glow/wrinkles shrink/sabateous filaments become less noticeable

Hasn't quite been that magical so far for me, but I started off with disaster-area skin so in relative terms, it's probably the same kind of improvement. I dunno, it's quality shit. But it's also the first thing I've really used that's a step above beauty-aisle supermarket stuff.

My acne has disappeared ever since I started taking cold showers daily. Otherwise I wash with a Cetaphil soap bar and then moisturize with Neutrogena lotion every morning and night. I still don't know how to take care of those red/brown spots under the skin though.

this stuff is noice as fuck, along with the toner. makes me feel fresh

New to this board, I had pretty severe acne, but I reduced it to moderate with the acne.org regimen. What's the general consensus on the regimen, is there anything better to get me clear?

how do i get rid of random breakouts and cold sores on lips?

I would try a high percentage staylic acid treatment for that

accutane, go to a fucking derm and get it. you will not regret it. dont let them take forever to give it to you either, let them know you want to go on it. it is gods gift to anyone with acne.

protip: dont have herpes

As a counter argument to the guy who said accurate; I personally suffered from what I would (and my dermatologist) describe as regular acne. I did not have deep scarring or severe acne, just what would be considered unattractive, but normal.

I used just the acne.org regimen and after about 2 months of twice to day I noticed a huge improvement and now only have the occasional blemish usually around my jawline from a hair getting slightly ingrown from shaving. If I don't shave I don't notice any blemishes.

Also I cut out dairy but for unrelated reasons, but it could have contributed to my clear skin as well.

Just my experience, but overall it will do the job well

Thanks for the input, did you use the other products like the AHA and Jojoba oil?
I've already taken a round of accutane, but the results were temporary and it came back after a year.

like pic related?
protip: over 85% of adults have herpes simplex type 1 (common cold sore)

85%? source?

You should definetly be using a wash, but I would also use something like this to treat it. I would also reccomend the acne.org regimen for overall treatment, I used to have horrible acne all around my lips, but that cleared most of it up.

I have pale skin around my chin and mouth, so when I get pimples, they'll leave this faint mark behind.

Will exfoliating help to get rid of these?

No, like a spot treatment. Clean and Clear has a decent option that you can find in a drugstore. Just put it on before you go to sleep on the first day you feel a pimple coming on and it should be cleared up within 12-24 hours.

In general you should be washing your face with a cleanser everyday twice a day. A toner and properly removing your makeup will do wonders for your acne over time.

If you're getting "random" breakouts and cold sores at the same time something could be up with your immune system. If you don't take birth control could be a hormonal thing too. Try tracking your breakouts in relation to your cycle. It's worth having your bloodwork looked at for a thyroid disorder or similar virus. Moderate your sleeping, eat well and exercise regularly in the meantime.

Also for cold sores, treat them with Abreve or Coldsore FX THE FIRST DAY you feel that you're getting a cold sore (the dry insatiable tingling lips). And put it on frequently. If you're just puttering around at home, keep your lips saturated with it. if you're out in public, apply a thick layer before you leave and carry the tube with you.

And throw away/disinfect (like cutoff the tip from) any lip makeup you've used with a cold sore. Unless you use disposable brushes It spreads it over and over again.

daily reminder to WEAR SUNSCREEN

30 SPF or higher and broad spectrum. Even if you only walk to class for 30 minutes a day...wear sunscreen! All the little bits of time add up.

daily reminder: Only wear sunscreen if you wash your face properly. the buildup isn't worth it if you don't care.

People who don't bother to wash their faces don't have the discipline to stick to a sunscreen regime either

I have some constant redness in the moustache area. Doesn't make any difference if I don't shave or do shave or how I shave. Have tried a few different after shaves, blades and foams, no difference.

Is there anything I could try?

can i lick your face please ?

I have very oily skin, and really big pores. What do I use for that?

some people wash their face but don't know how to take off heavy products like makeup and sunscreen properly.

A gun

I'm from the UK. Guns aren't available here.

Astringent, toner.

I struggled with acne for years and I'm finally starting to solve the issue, but I have dozens and dozens of blackheads on my nose, anything to propose?

I'd like to use Glossier Milky Jelly because I wanna be one of the cool kids, but I'm wondering if it's suitable for my skin or if I should stick with what I have.

My main problem is large pores after a long time of just not doing skin care. Not having a large budget right now to just go into Sephora and ask to throw money at them, I started using Accure Facial Cleansing Creme because it was one of the cheapest cleansers in Whole Body and said "pore minimizing" on it.

It's working to bring them back down, but I don't know if other stuff in the

what does this thing actually do?

Your scalp might be dry, I got a shampoo from my dermatologist but it didn't help. Saw a huge improvement after conditioning with coconut oil

It's basically an industrial strength clay mask. On the plus side, it cleans the absolute shit out of your pores. On the negative side, it's ultra-strong, and - while I don't mind using it - a lot of the girls I've dated with fairer skin couldn't use it because it literally begins to hurt them or something.

Put vanilla extract on the cold sore when you start to feel it tingling
works for me

it certainly is dry but i don't think that's the main problem, my scalp has these gross scaly patches of skin that itches when it's too hot or when i sweat after exercise
also gets red and blotchy

>industrial strength

Sounds painful

is it good for clogged pores?
i literally have no acne but clogged pores up the ass

[spoiler]you're a big guy[/spoiler]

I own more than five different cleansers and the glossier one is one of my favorites 2bh. it's very gentle and my skin feels clean and soft after using it, so I imagine you will like it if your skin is oily. I think it's suitable for any skin type. I would also check out their clay mask, because they are generally good for enlarged pores/oily skin and I like theirs better than the Aztec healing clay mask.

Anyone have any opinions on Paulas choice?

How often should this be used, and how much?

I was asking about the aztec Indian healing clay

bump

I wouldn't use it too often, it does make your skin pretty sensitive. Personally, I use it every other week.

What are your guys recommendations for cystic acne, I'm currently using Lymecycline for meds, and a gentle face wash.
Idk it seems to not stop, leaving scars badly

>Morning
Cleanser
Toner
Sunscreen
>Evening
Cleanser
Toner
Moisturizer

I have oily skin and large pores. What cleanser, toner, moisturizer and clay mask brands should I use? I'm also unsure how to incorporate the a clay mask into my routine. When should I use it, and how often?

Assuming money is no object

Vitamin C Serum is literally jesus for acne scars

I've been using Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner (Rose Scented) and I'm in love with it. I've got large pores around my nose and I swear by it.

If you have oily skin, I'd recommend doing a double cleanse with an oil cleanser (look it up, it's surprisingly effective) and then a foaming cleanser. Pretty much anything from Korea is safe to use because they know how to into skincare (I use Klairs for an Oil and Neogen's Green Tea foaming cleanser -- both of which you can find pretty easily on Sokoglam/Amazon)

Best of luck to you!

Thanks for the advice mate. Really appreciated. What do you think about clay masks and moisturizer?

Moisturizer is essential. I've never used a Clay mask myself, but some people in /skin/ swear by the Aztec Secret clay.

You can find anything, patch test it, and if it doesn't cause breakouts you'll be good to go.

You don't need a clay mask. Just buy a decent exfoliant (aka a chemical exfoliant, not physical scarring shit), use toner properly and get a moisturizer that works for your skin type. Clay masks are unnecessary and dry your skin the fuck out.

>Moisturizer is essential

Of course. I was wondering what brands are best. I figure something light would be ideal.

>some people in /skin/ swear by the Aztec Secret clay

Okay, I'll test that. I read earlier in the thread to use on a fortnightly basis.

Also, I don't know if this really applies in /skin/, since it's mainly about the face, but can I use coconut oil on the rest of my body? Is there some, better, alternative to coconut oil?

Again, thanks for the advice

>Just buy a decent exfoliant (aka a chemical exfoliant

Any recommendations? How often do they need to be used? Before or after cleanser/toner?

>acne.org regimen
Ive never heard of this before so i just looked at it. I thought benzoyl peroxide was bad if you actually wanted to treat acne. I could be wrong but i thought i read one time that its used in proactiv because it temporarily treats acne, but as soon as you stop using it all your acne comes back, and eventually your skin need more than the usual amount of benzoyl peroxide in order for the acne to go away

I've used proactive before, the difference between the two is that the acne.org regimen uses alot more bp. Proactive is built around a small amount so you continue to get breakouts and buy the product. It's true if you go off of bp your acne will come back, but you won't ever need more because bp creates oxygen that kills p. acne, so it will always work.

shit just never actually worked for me lelll

I don't think coconut oil will hurt

BP royally fucked me up. It left marks that took several months to begin to fade, and they're still visible. Granted I used one that was probably way too strong for me but it swore me off of it entirely.

I started using Tea Tree Oil with a carrier oil and it works just as well and doesn't open you up to the risk of red marks.

4u
u

Tea tree oil can help with redness and razor bumps

egg white mask

Oooh fuck. Accutane is rough. Good luck.

I have acne scars and crater face, am I fucked for life? what do I do?

go to your doctor, they'll prescribe you a retinol

How do I into perfect skin?

This stuff is the shit, first thing that removed the oil slick from face, the closed comedones on my forehead are vanishing, and my pores look a bit less noticeable as well.

Recently copped La Roche Posay Serozinc spray. Anyone else tried it?

get a chemical peel

What are the best moisturizers?

People who've used this, what's the condition of your skin and how has this helped?

How do I get rid of blind pimples? I have a rather large red bump developing on my forehead and would like to get rid of it before tomorrow

Bumping this

Thanks! Which mask, the Mega Greens?

how do i fix this bullshit on my forehead

>believing in products

bump

no problem! and yes, that's the one

Paulas Choice 2% Salicyclic Acid is GOAT
Used after cleansing and toning, be generous with amount used, apply to a cotton makeup pad (not a cotton ball) and apply all over face. Don't lightly swipe your face with it, use a bit of pressure and apply it all over. Salicyclic acid is also amazing for stopping pimples from surfacing.

I've determined that my skin is obnoxiously sensitive. I'm still trying to find a toner that works; so far I've tried the pink booskin toner by Enprani and the Thayers rose water toner, but I have similar results with them; my face erupts into tons of pinpoint sized pustules after a few days. Should I even bother trying to use a toner? My skin seems to do well with what I've got so far...

>Cleanser: Glamglow supercleanse
>Moisturizer: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Moisturizer
>Toner: N/A
>Sunscreen: N/A (Haven't found anything that doesn't break me out yet, could use recommendations on that too)

I have a peeling serum on the way which I'm hoping will help with my hyperpigmentation. On the weekends I use Cosrx BHA power liquid, innisfree jeju volcanic mask, and clean it zero oil cleanser to help with SFs and Blackheads.

Does anyone know of any concealer or a cream that helps with baggy eyes
Ive been catching up on sleep but idk theyre still there

i heard dick batter can help with that baby girl

i got the juice

Anything to help brighten my skin? I used to have a lighter skin tone and ignored my mom's advice to put on sunscreen all throughout my childhood.

>gone through just about all of the acne shit at Target
>none of it did anything for me, acne continues to get worse with each passing day
>scars up the ass all over my cheeks
>at least 2 breakouts a week
>became desperate enough to use my own cum because vitamin a and shit
>it helps control grease and make my blackheads go away but didn't help with acne
I seriously think I'm fucked. Nothing I've tried has worked on me. I have like industrial-strength acne.
>tfw I feel like I'd be a solid 7 if it weren't for acne

Oh shit. By cheeks, i meant on my face

Drink more water.
It might also just be due to the shape of your skull.

Try acne.org regimen or see a derm.

I've been told Vitamin C is pretty good for it

Anyone try Paula's Choice toners?

Trying out refined coconut oil as a moisturizer. Patch tests have been good so far. It's also the GOAT moisturizer for muh dick