Outdoor effay

I'm going camping in Iceland in september so I'll have to buy some functional clothing, but obviously I'll have to look effay too

Can we get an outdoor inspo thread going?

Obligatory Patagonia fleece for starters

Other urls found in this thread:

kuiu.com/
swanndri.co.nz/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this could work

>camping in Iceland
I'm jelly, if i post inspo can I come ?

I don't have a ton of the jap streetwear fake-outdoorsy stuff, but i'll post somewhat similar stuff and hopefully more people will contribute

yes, but only if you bring some liquor from the tax free with you

GOAT

dope i love sakaguchi
have fun camping

it costs a grip but I'll do me best

sorry though i dont have anything that youre looking for

Any good /out/ brands like Patagonia?

gramicci makes cool pants

P cool stuff
>41.00$ shipping to Belgium
scumbags

there's probably a ton of cool brands in the EU, i thought hiking was much more popular over there with the alps and all

Undercoverism FW '11

/out/door effay is what I'm all about, user. Though are you talking about just looking outdoorsy, or actually good gear?

How is this even remotely outdoorsy?

yeah probably, I wouldn't be able to name any though
hiking is pretty big in some countries, but I'm from Belgium which might as well have been called flatland

both man, having good clothing whilst looking effay is what I'm aiming for here

bruh are you not seeing the camo :^)

I am more impressed at the rock instead of that fit.

Where can I cop that effay hat?

kuiu.com/
Has some pretty cool hunting tech.

id on boots?

HOLY SHIT THIS BRAND IS PERFECT

honestly dont know why i didnt post this sooner
swanndri.co.nz/

it's called /wildernesscore/
I've got the smock in the picture. it's great, warm, 100% wool, and great for hunting. love it

swandri is Veeky Forumsrmercore

>768x1280
looks like what the farmer dude from the emperors new groove wears

Are you me, OP? I'll be going to Iceland in September too. I'm hoping to get a couple days of camping in between visiting Reykjavik and any other cities that catch my interest. I frankly haven't planned shit except for booking my flight and hotels the day we land/leave. I was hoping to just rent a car/van camper and see what's fun.

w2c pants?

anyone have any suggestions for rain jackets.
Im leaning towards arcteryx veilance but could use some other options.

W2c jacket?

Really though, please

do the golden circle my man

check out the iceland thread I started on too

where to cop patagonia top

nevermind found it, retro x-jacket incase anyone is interested

Iceland reporting in.

Just make sure you have a waterproof shell/outer layer and a warm Base Layer, preferably merino wool or something similar. Good shoes are essential if you are hiking, and it is always more important to feel good than to look good. You are visiting the biggest small town in the world and nobody is impressed by hyperthermia, no matter how fucking /fa you look.

Alaska here, and Iceland is spot on. Dress for warmth and being weatherproof first and foremost. A good base layer, an insulating layer, a shell of some sort and comfortable shoes is all you'll need. Be sure to get multiple pairs of wool socks cause having wet feet sucks when its cold.

Also remember that looking out of place is worse than being dressed in garish outerwear; it makes you look like a vain idiot who suffers for fashion (yes I know where I am, the outdoors is different). Obviously you should try your best to find good looking gear, there are a million brands to choose from, just dont be stupid about it. Theres no need to go overboard either if youre not gonna work it into your wardrobe. Nothing Veeky Forums about not looking suited to your enviroment.

Tip for dressing properly while hiking: you should feel kinda chilly before you start. Like baselayer and fleece and a thin breathable pants layer. Do not wear rain gear unless its raining. That might sound obvious but some people just throw on a light rain jacket on top and end up soaked with back sweat, especially if you have a backpack.

General campsite advice: if you feel cold don't just sit in front of the fire, collect wood. It will warm you the fuck up and you will end up with a shit load of firewood. Just remember to scatter your woodpile once you leave and burn down whatever is left that actually touched fire. Build a 4 inch deep dirt pile as well for your fire; you don't want to be an asshole and leave a scorched piece of earth. Also you can dig it in such a way that you build a "moat" around your fire and in addition to the raised mound your fire pit wouldn't get too soggy.

>all this cotton
>all these sneakers and street boots
>all these tumblr outfits

It's like you guys have never actually been /out/doors

>inspo

Also, if you haven't scrambled in Geobaskets have you really lived?

That dog is fucking cute. Anyone know what breed?

patagonia and arcteryx are king. arcteryx isn't really effay though, just really functional and well designed

oh, fjallraven I suppose

Hah, I never thought I'd see the day that Swanndri was effay. GOAT bushwacking clothing.

forgot he existed

Where did all the good trips go? this board went to shit

>any other cities
you're out of luck. Check out Geysir while you're in Reyk, one of the coolest stores I've been to

alsatian/german shepherd