on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

fragrantica.com/perfume/Trump/Donald-Trump-22530.html
basenotes.net/bn_todaysscent.php?p=boys&t=alltime
youtube.com/watch?v=pxo9gmfhVrw
amazon.com/Acqua-Parma-Colonia-Leather-3-4/dp/B00KRFSW1W
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want. Helpful info could include gender, price range, climate/season, need (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.

help this user out if you can
that post hit the bump limit

If anyone can post ANY alternatives to anything from this line (with specific emphasis on Dry Clean) I'll fly to your home and suck your dick

>pls help i beg of u

I often see reviews on Basenotes and other fragrance sites saying "this smells like essential oils" in a negative kind of way. But, I really like natural smelling things (no aquatics, powdery scents, etc).

Any good reccs for something along those lines? Should I fall for the essential oil meme?

CdG Odeur 53

>CdG Odeur 53
What the hell is it supposed to be similar to in the line? lmao

that line is pretty unique, a shame CdG discontinued them. anything "similar" is going to be a stretch 2bh

>Dry Clean
Amouage Dia Woman
CdG Serpentine

Anyone want to go twinzy's on a decant (8.4oz) of Tom Ford Tuscan Leather ?

People said it was similar to dry clean...

Anyone try this stuff? I think this is underrated. Sort of like the original but sportier and only costs like $30 for 4.2oz. If I smoke a cigar I like it because it blends with the smell with its incense note, and overpowers it with the aqua/citrus. Stuff projects good and lasts a long time too.

Did you know that all the Tom Ford Private Blend decanters go up to $600 at the end of the month? Now is definitely the time to buy. I already have TL though.

In general, how much should you spray from a 1 ml decant (Sephora) compared to a bottle? I've been doing 3 sprays for every spray from a bottle but I don't know if I should apply more.

3 sprays is good

depends on the atomizer. do you think it's spraying more or less than ones on bottles you're familiar with? in any case, don't see much of a point deviating from the 3 sprays rule of thumb

Just copped Zegna Uomo for cheap. Don't hear much talk about this online, or anywhere for that matter. It's a nice casual citrus/woody frag that's gonna be a go-to for me this summer for running errands & doing low-key stuff that I don't want to waste my better frags on.

If anybody has this / has smelled this, can you tell me which fragrances it reminds you of? It sort of has a generic vibe to it, like something I've definitely smelled before but I can't place it.

Notes are Violet Leaf, Citrus, Bergamot, Vetiver, Cedar.

Copped at a really good price, can't decide if I like this better or the original. It has no lemon and more amber

Sounds good to me. Haven't smelled it before

It's not bad but I bought it on a whim because of the price and I'm kinda regretting it because maybe I wanted something fresher. But I'd love a second opinion on it. Mum loves it tho

Are all the sizes getting a price hike or just the decanters?

Have you tried those 2 and can vouch they're at least in the same vain?

Is this site legit ?

labelleperfumes com/

For the record, I remember the fragrance that this reminded me of: L'Homme Libre. I'm sure there are others as well that have the similar vibe because like I said, it's relatively generic. But L'Homme Libre is what it was making me think of. The notes on fragrantica are pretty similar, but the cedar in Zegna I think sets it apart a little from the YSL.

am i the only one who thinks TF-TL is extremely feminine

Rate my AX2016 cops
Prints by Sachin Teng
I did not expect to find anything Veeky Forums related there, but these were my favorite purchase of the weekend.

Whoa those are pretty dope!

Korloff Black Vetiver just made it on my "To Try" list

According to the chick at Neiman Marcus just the decanters.

Yeah probably.

>decanters
>decanters
Checked, and
>decanters
When did we stop saying flacon? This just a TF thing, I hope?

Whenever I wear fragrance my nose clogs, I get a pounding migraine and my stomach gets all fucked up. Are there any designers that manufacture decent hypoallergenic scents?

Pic is what I've been wearing lately, and I feel like shit but I love the stuff. Fuck me.

I live off samples of this

Any trustworthy sellers on Ebay that does splits?

Any of you checked this out?

fragrantica.com/perfume/Trump/Donald-Trump-22530.html

>fragrantica.com/perfume/Trump/Donald-Trump-22530.html
It's okay, success is a bit better in my opinion. Yes, those massive amounts of dislikes are from butthurt faggots. And this is coming from a guy who's never particularly been all that into trump.

Donald Trump - Good for spring, maybe summer. I say Spring because of the woodiness and spiciness that might make it too much for overly-hot summers.

Success - Prefer this, it's okay as well.

They're cheap enough to where if you like them enough, you can just go ahead and get a bottle with no worries. I don't think it'll necessarily blow your mind, though.

I heard Success is not for everyday wear, but for partying, is this true?

Judging based purely off bottle design, it's cheap ,corny 80's styling, and gaudy. Would be embarrassed to have it in my collection.

I don't know, to be honest.

As I said, they're not mind blowing. When I think "cologne", scents like this pop to my mind. They smell good, but they're really just something you put on if you want to wear cologne. Where as I would probably vouch for Divin' Enfant or Moss Breches.

I could see it in partying, but I could see someone wearing it casually. The price is cheap so I suppose it's just one of those things where you can go "I like it, I'll wear it when I feel like it."

>tfw constant fear that Jeremy Fragrance reviews your sig scent next and all the fragrance plebs and wannabe's will start wearing it

>Jeremy Fragrance
literally who?

Sorry if this kind of fuccboi question has been already posted I only skimmed the thread.

Looking to buy my first proper fragrance, usually just use cheapshit dove men deodorant.

I'm male, 21, live in England and would want to use it when I go clubbing.

I can't give much else because I know next to nothing about fragrances.

Forgot to mention i'm a broke student so the cheapest not-shit would be best.

p-please discuss my favorite scent since my first smell. I like it way more than memeventus.

when wearing fragrances should I worry about what my antipersperant smells like? I've been thinking about getting something scentless

>170 euros online
That's actually pretty affordable for Xerjoff. Can you tell some more about the fragrance? I haven't tried any but I heard atleast Xerjoff Nio is very overpriced.

If only there was some kind of "feedback" system in place there...

Depends on the AP. You don't want to wear something that competes or clashes with your SotD. I wear unscented.

anyone got any experience with Creed Aventus? got some as a gift recently

I really really really like this image

Then let's figure out what you like. Go to a store that ideally gives out samples, or at least has tester bottles you can spray on yourself. The trick is to spray something on your forearm no more than twice and see how it develops on your skin over 1/2 day or so. It's best to do one at a time, but in a pinch you can do one on each arm if you have to travel out of your way to get to the store.

As for what to try, check out basenotes.net/bn_todaysscent.php?p=boys&t=alltime for some suggestions for popular scents. Many of those are "niche" and will be harder to find at most places and also will be much more expensive, so feel free to ignore for now. Don't get the idea that Creed is the best house out there from that list. I'm pretty sure they are just really good at viral marketing.

The prince of fragrance. Youtube chad that reviews perfumes.

w2c?

acqua di gio
one million

Just go on Amazon and buy the 6 pack of arm and hammer unscented antiperspirant

Thanks for the advice.

I'm looking for something similar to CdG Wonderoud. I like the smell, but the longevity doesn't seem that good - and that's important.
Any suggestions? My style is usually something involving darker shades, knitwear and jeans.

Prob don't have to worry unless what you're wearing is already pretty mainstream, in which case it already has a good chance of catching on with the masses. Jeremy rarely reviews niche / obscure frags, and when he does it's usually to say "The ladies don't like this, I wouldn't recommend."

If you're not aware, there's a pretty big "community" of guys on youtube who review fragrances. Jeremy by far has the most subs, views, and is the most mainstream. His channel 99% revolves around wearing fragrances that girls think are sexy, vs appreciating the art of perfumery like many other channels. He gets a lot of shit, but nobody else is really doing what he's doing so I don't really hate on him. Even though he hypes up stuff like the new Invictus flanker, and the new Le Male flanker.

Also he's a male model and is clearly adored by many women so a bunch of dudes hate on him out of pure jealousy (imo).

That chick is hot as fuck, but tastes differ
youtube.com/watch?v=pxo9gmfhVrw

With all those chicks he must be faggot. r-right guys?

Yes, while many experts here will hate One Million, it's a great way to start and it's definitely going to get you some compliments

looking for something for school

>500 person lectures
>sitting pretty close by
>want to be smelled but not SMELLED
>has to be unique and not try hard af

budget maybe $200?

Do you really want compliments from people with bad taste? Is that what people settle for? My current crush went full love mode when I put Creed Royal Oud "that smells so good and expensive". If a girl has the same taste as you, well that's a way better start.

>implying I dress, wear perfume and lift for girls

this is an amazing scent.

I tend to think most of the women he features in his vids are hot as fuck

>2-colonia-leather

amazon.com/Acqua-Parma-Colonia-Leather-3-4/dp/B00KRFSW1W

not bad, what does it smell like for you? any compliments on it?

Montale

Stands on it's own as a great perfume house
or
nothing more than imitationers that should be looked down upon

Not the same guy but imo;
Very nice sweet leather, the whole fragrance is very soft on my skin and it's probably one of my favorite leather fragrances. You will get the original AdP dna especially in the beginning and end. You also get a very tobacco-ish feel without actually smelling any distinct tobacco, kind of like ginger gives certain fragrances "brightness", it feels like the tobacco(if there is any) gives this fragrance depth rather than being an actual accord.

Good choice, the best from the brown bottle line imo.

sounds really nice, I'm probably going to cop this one then. You think its ok for classrooms though ?

For sure my man, it sits pretty close to the skin.

It is the best Leather/Tabacco scent I've come across, not comparable to Thierry Mugler for example. On BaseNotes and Fragrantica people tend to prefer this one over Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather. It's smells soft, expensive, has good sillage and projection and is a very masculine classy scent that younger people can pull off.

I think it's easy to find the middle ground. If you like 1 Mill and happen to get compliments from it, good on ya. I just so happen to really like Sauvage and it gets me tons of compliments even though many frag-heads turn their nose up to it no pun intended. Also, this is the reason why I own multiple bottles of fragrance - some are more for crowd-pleasing occasions, some for more intimate occasions with my gf (wearing something I know she likes), some are more just "for me" as they never really garner any attention, etc. etc.

I actually like his video content, his self-help videos really get you going too, the other stuff are oddly interesting to watch as well

I'm with ya, I like it too. Certain vids come with an element of cheesiness, but who cares. There's so many guys on FB fragrance groups that talk shit about Jeremy. I never understood how people can be so upset or angry about somebody uploading FREE content to youtube, which is optional for you to watch, and you can choose to watch any of the other billions of videos on youtube instead.

Unscented deodorant isn't some exotic hard to find item. They sell it at the drug store right next to the rest.

My pleasure.

I just found it at a local mall they gave me a sniff test and everything.

Gril at the counter said it works with my look but might have been saying that to sell it to me

got it $79 bucks

Thanks guy!

I tried it at Nieman Marcus and it smells like shit compared to TL. It's not even comparable.

Any opinions on this?

It's been around since the 70's, and it smells like it too. You should have no interest in wearing this unless it is for nostalgia purposes (which you're probably too young for), or if you just happen to truly love it. In which case, you probably wouldn't be asking for opinions.

It's iconic for sure and I haven't found anything else that smells close to it. That said, it's a like not a love for me, and I tend to love mature old school scents. Polo Modern Reserve, otoh, I love. Stoked I just scored a bottle on eBay too.

WHERE THE FUCK WERE THESE I DIDNT SEE THEM AT ALL RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AMOUAGE TILL I DIE

forgot pic xD!

Artist's Alley, in the Kentia Hall / basement area. E aisle near the front. Look again next year.

Just read Tom Ford's biography holy shit is he jesus?

What are some fragrances that you can't describe well, even if you know the notes that it consists of?

my favourite fragance is a.man pure malt, any recommendation for me?
also have vanilla tobacco, blue, homme intense, terre, la nuit and mementus

Has paco rabanne invictus been reformulated? did they change the performance or smell of it? because some people say it did.

Can some give their opinion of Montale please

Wearing it on my arm now. I love it for its uniqueness, but I don't think it comes off as a fragrance (in the smell-good way). It smells like you've had lunch in a smokey pizza place. Smoke, wood, oregano, hot sauce, some sort of synthetic medicinal vibe in the drydown.

Jub and Reflection are top in the line for me.

does anyone want to buy my bottle of zagorsk, just not a fan of it, sprayed about 10-15 times

I am currently wearing a sample of this. Soft, sweet, beautifully blended roses it is not your typical Amouage. Wouldn´t buy it for the price, but it smells good

Did anyone try Xerjoff?

>having more than 5 colognes in your collection

literally why. The point of wearing cologne is so people can put a smell to your face. Especially girls that you like. If you use so many different colognes than you are just ambiguous. The absolute most you should have is 5. One for a different season if you must, and 1 for an every day sage scent. I personally only have 4 since fall/winter are the same for me.

Any guidelines for identifying counterfeits?

They're a good house. I think they kind of get a bad rap due to the sheer volume of perfumes they release every year. Obviously when you do that you're going to end up with a lot of redundancy but there are some real gems in there. As far as price/quality/performance goes I don't think you can find a much better deal. Most of their fragrances can be found for right around or less than $100 online and performance across the board is excellent

agreed, it's easy to get carried away. i sample a shit load just so i can get acquainted with different scents but my core collection is like 3 CDG ones and one Dior Privee

I already know of Bond no.9 Fire Island, but are there other scents that give off a luxury sunscreen vibe?

>The point of wearing cologne is so people can put a smell to your face
That is one way to look at it. Some people like variety, and it makes them appreciate their fragrances more (this is the case for me). I used to be a one-and-done guy with fragrances, but I would get burnt out on them super quick. Besides, sometimes I just like smelling good. But I don't want to waste my good shit if I'm just going to the store, or having casual drinks with friends.

To your point, you could easily become simply "the guy that always smells fucking awesome" just as you could become "the guy that always smells like Acqua di Gio."

60 bottles in my collection and counting. I am known among friends and coworkers as the nice smelling guy who has many different fragrances, even if I don't have a single signature scent. I collect and wear perfumes for myself, not to be recognized by others by my scent.