2016 sneaker of the year

2015 was ultraboost . lets predict the 2016 sneaker of the year.

pic related

this is forced since quite some time now by Adidas, i yet to a single one on the street and i live in EU, where Nike's hegemony isn't that strong

isn't it the NMDs which sells the best? i don't like neither, i'm just asking

Many websites are calling it the bestt sneaker of the year. I think theresmore stan smiths where I live than any other sneaker so stan smiths > every other shoe by your logic

When it comes to shoe of the year Y3 should always have a horse in the race.

Given looks alone, absolutely they should, but I think they're never gonna get the hype of Ultra boosts cause they're like double the price (at least in the UK).

I feel like Ultra Boosts nailed that mix of being sorta pricey to make it feel like you'd got decent trainers if you're into trainers, but not too pricey to put people off if trainers aren't a big deal for them

Back to the original point though, damn those Y-3s are nice and I still really want them.

>sleeping on dooms
anyway itll be between Dooms eqts adv or maybe presto acronym. NMDS disappointed me desu. 2017 will be another big year for adidas

well, it's pretty hard to become sneaker of the year, when only a few people wears something, that's why no y3 sneaker will be the sneaker of the year either or any other designer shoe

if you want the sneaker of 2016, that's the NMDs, UBs are still pretty strong, EQT can be third maybe and we haven't talked about other brands

I feel like these sneakers are the definitive 2016 sneaker. Is that too early to say since it's only July?
w2c? those are amazing, i need five of them.

2017 y3 qasa boot

tfw i just realized someone stepped on his boot

>tfw you were into adidas well before the normies completely took it from you
>tfw forcing your foot into shoes too narrow for you is over

i'm gettting nikes, roshes

nmds probably
they look like shit but people really like them

i bet the will charge you 150-180 euros for them.

its a fucking joke.

I'd honestly vote for these too. extremely lightweight and the most comfortable boost shoe I've put on my feet... need the colorway in this photo too, I have the b/w ones

These are nice

>when ur feet are too big for y3s :(

w2c this colourway

>adidas ever being good
It's not 1969 anymore

So cool cause contrarian, woah please teach me oh great 4chanman.

Deffo will be something by Adidas. My bet is on NMDs, especially with the new colourways coming very soon.

its going to be the NMDs. They are the best shoes right now. They are minimalist and have versatility with all the colorways. We got less than 6 months left. I doubt there is anything coming out soon that will steal it from the NMDs.

AF1s

Grailed

that ugly styrofoam sole though

you're a bit late mate, Netherlands has these on every 12 yo already

yea nobody cares about that. they were super popular in the early 2000's among rappers and black culture and are making a comeback among white american hipsters.

no one mentioned prestos?

i like AF1s, but stating that they're making a comeback just now is a bit of a stretch, they made their comeback roughly 3 years ago, their popularity started to fade again when everyone hopped onto the Superstars

also OP, if 2015 was UB's then whatever happened to Yeezys and Superstars? those both are still more frequent than the UBs, NMDs, EQTs (even combined) or any other Adidas model

one would think to become sneaker of the year, it needs to translate to numbers, i don't care what Adidas is lying about their numbers, that the NMDs are the best sellers, i fail to see that on the street, all i see is Superstars and Yeezys, other Adidas trends are almost non-existent

maybe a shoe doesn't stay popular for an entire year but the sneaker industry runs on a quaterly or half-year like trend.

presto rip offs

these are whack, that plastic heel thing looks retarded af

legit look like ultra boosts rip off and I don't care if it's the other way around

shoe of 2017

best release of 2016 imho, best adidas currently out there

whackissimo

These are nice but the mesh is very uncomfortable, PK > these

handicapped people shoes

Also, the next big thing will be NMD R2, pic related