IMPORTANT

now i know i have been a long time shill of this very drug, and i know lots of you balding nu-males take finasteride but i come here now with some guidance for you

STOP taking finasteride

that's right, finasteride merely inhibits 70% of the curse that is serum dht, dutasteride eliminates practically 100% of it, it's literally impossible to lose hair on dutasteride, and its side effects are even mythical than finasterides are. finasteride is literally for DHT cucks

anyway, pop that dutasteride pill today my friends, freedom waits

pic related, it's a pic just before i started taking the redpill that is dutasteride( now new hairs sprouting up all over the place)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-alpha_reductase
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22789024
reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/1jrm90/if_youre_sitting_there_wondering_im_losing_my/
reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/1jrm90/if_youre_sitting_there_wondering_im_losing_my/ccmnzvy
reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/4rg660/anyone_get_brain_fog_or_anxiety_from_finnasteride/
youtube.com/watch?v=It8EgkLk-fU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

18 so future is uncertain but I think im going to embrace my hair loss if and when it comes

i pay 5 bucks for a 250 day suply of finasteride, dutasteride is unsustainable and theres no actual difference in the long run.
below a certain threshold of scalp dht u dont lose any more hair, dutasteride or finasteride.

Take a pic of your hair now?

But no sex drive and/or limp dick with it? That's what concerns me the most

Mostly a meme I think man, look at the studies. About 3 percent got sides on fin, but like 1.5 percent got sides on the placebo. People think themselves into sexual dysfunction. Also, a lot of people have sexual dysfunction for other reasons and might blame it on the fin.

Finasteride[edit]
Finasteride inhibits two 5-alpha reductase isoenzymes (II and III), while dutasteride inhibits all three.[2] Finasteride potently inhibits 5α-R2 at a mean inhibitory concentration IC50 of 69 nM, but is less effective with 5α-R1 till an IC50 of 360 nM.[16] Finasteride decreases mean serum level of DHT by 71% after 6 months,[17] and was shown in vitro to inhibit 5α-R3 at a similar potency to 5α-R2 in transfected cell lines.[2] Long term side effects can occur after discontinuation of the drug.

no, thanks. wish i had a hair but i dont want a long term brain-fog or sexual dysfunction. also, the chances for DE are different in every study, overall its higher than 3%.

>no, thanks. wish i had a hair but i dont want a long term brain-fog or sexual dysfunction. also, the chances for DE are different in every study, overall its higher than 3%.

Look at the Placebo group as well though bro. A lot of it is in peoples minds. Also get brain fog and sexual dysfunction for other reasons.

I think dust has higher % of fucked up sides, no?

No man. Finasteride isnt a drug that was developed for MPB. It was discovered amongs the people who took the original, 5mg dosage for BPH (Benign prostatic hyperplasia)

The thing is, we have no fucking idea what this drug actually does.

>Outside of dihydrotestosterone, much of the physiological role of 5α-reduced steroids is unknown

There are so many people who only show symptoms after months or years of taking.

>Gynecomastia, erectile dysfunction, impaired cognitive function, fatigue, hypoglycemia, impaired liver function, constipation, and depression, are only a few of the possible side-effects of 5α-reductase inhibition. Long term side effects, that continued even after discontinuation of the drug have been reported.

>Finasteride has been associated with sexual side effects that may persist despite discontinuation of the medication. In a clinical series, 20% of subjects with male pattern hair loss reported persistent sexual dysfunction for ≥6 years
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22789024

I wish there were a solution, trust me, I'm 21, had long hair all my life and now I feel like balding completely destroyed it. But I don't want to gamble on all this, I might get a hair transplant later and until then, I work out and try to dress nice. Life isn't fair

If you get a hair transplant don't you have to take finn anyway to maintain?

Also, a lot of men have problem with sexual dysfunction anyway?

>I wish there were a solution, trust me, I'm 21, had long hair all my life and now I feel like balding completely destroyed it.

Also, how much of your hair is gone? When did it start? The big three may be able to still save you.

Have you tried Finn yet? You can get it from online consultation legit (what I did).

No. As far as I know hair transplant works by taking follicles from a place that isnt affected by DHT. (back of your head for example)
so you cant lose that hair by male-pattern balding.

>Also, a lot of men have problem with sexual dysfunction anyway?
No? Some drugs may lower your sex-drive (SSRI for example) and I believe part of it psychological, but no. >50 you should not have problems with your erection.

>Also, how much of your hair is gone?
A few months ago I had a man-bun and a good hairline. Now my hairline is bad but I still have plenty of hair.

>Have you tried Finn yet?
I have Fin prescribed. Tried for a week. Was experiencing sides (not sure how many of it were placebo though)
I have anxiety in the first place and I was worrying all the time about the possible sides. Not for me sadly.
I'll get minoxidil this week, hope that helps a bit.

Minoxidil will help a bit man, but if you have MPB it will prob last 2 years max (and that's if it manages to fight off baldness completely for that period). The DHT will still be trying to attack your hair follicles and DHT's effect will increase with time. Also, if you have not lowered your DHT levels, if you stop Minox the hair will likely go faster than if you were on fin.

Another option you might be interested in is topical RU58841. Be warned, it is still in the approval phase (you have to buy it from China. But it is essentially like a topical Fin. People report good results but is a risk.

Also for washing your hair I recommend Nizoral.

Another possibility is that your hairline has just matured and will not go back further (at least for a decade perhaps). Hard to tell though.

>I have Fin prescribed. Tried for a week. Was experiencing sides (not sure how many of it were placebo though)
>I have anxiety in the first place and I was worrying all the time about the possible sides. Not for me sadly.

After a week I think it is probably just psychological man. A lot of people also read about the side effects online and freak out. I have read stories on forums of guys using finn for nearly 20 years now (when it was released) and they are doing well.

Stop spending ur money, deal with your hair loss until you have a spare 5-10k for Bosley.

Yeah I know, read different forums for weeks.
From what I've seen, there are these groups:

a, Long time user and no side effects
pretty rare to find. There is a very active community on reddit (/r/tressless/) but the demographics is really young.

b, Taking it for a few months, had sides but went away after days or weeks (Why would you not stop taking if youre experiencing shit side-effects though?!)

c, Took it for months with no sides, then suddenly kicked in.
plenty of people from what I've seen.
In this group, there are people who recover after a few weeks or months, but there are people who are experiencing sides after months or years after taking and it kinda destroyed their life.

Like, here, you have a long-time user:
reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/1jrm90/if_youre_sitting_there_wondering_im_losing_my/

Then in the comments:
reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/1jrm90/if_youre_sitting_there_wondering_im_losing_my/ccmnzvy

Or this:
reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/4rg660/anyone_get_brain_fog_or_anxiety_from_finnasteride/

I'm not denying that there are people who can take it for a long time without problems. But from what I've seen, everybody react differently and it seems like a huge gambling.

Thanks for your post

>pretty rare to find.

Prob quite rare because the drug hasn't been around with the internet for that long, I think in 20 years you will see a lot of guys our age who have been taking it long term.
I think a lot of dudes have sexual dysfunction in the general public, but you won't hear about it often as people keep it to themselves.

If you look at the double blind tests also, a similar amount of people on the placebo experience ED.

Also that guy on Reddit who experienced sides and says he wants to kill himself, I think there is another problem there. Also, he was apprehensive and stressed before even taking it, I think he probably has a lot of anxiety and it was a self fulfilling prophecy.

I am not saying no one experiences side effects, but i think with a massive amount of the people online they are just having psychological reactions.

Also he recommends Lipogaine, I have heard people say that even Rogaine is better than Lipogaine.youtube.com/watch?v=It8EgkLk-fU

I got like 3 months of finasterid 1mg pills lying around here. I stopped taking it though.
anybody want some ?
located in germany

Why did you stop may I ask?

Yes why stop desu?

34 here. started using minox at 28. that regrew crown thinning and maintained hairline. hairline never receded but crown thinning returned at 32. started taking finn as well, which regrew all crown thinning. hairline still maintained at around norwood 2.
no sexual issues. can still get hard in seconds and cum up to 4 times a day.

I sued it for maybe a year and it worked great.
really. I would totaly recommend it to anybody whos having a problem with hairloss.

I'm a student and I had trouble getting new pills and was dry for about another half a year.
although some hair fell out , most of it stayed.
I got new pills and took them for about a month and realised that I probably won't be able to sustain this , so I just stoped taking them all together.

...I'll just get a transplant once I have proper job...

that shit really helped me out though.
I had a little unconnected island of hair on my head when I was 22 and started taking it.
I do look balding now that I'm 26 , but nowhere near as bald as with 22.

I also have the shittest hair genetics.

also , I never had side effects.
my dermatologist said , they would be quite rare in healthy men below 40

Nice man, I will definitely keep using it.

Have you ever thought about getting the generic Fin 5mg? You can break it into 4 pieces for daily doses and its dirt cheap. You could stock up on several years supply for a couple hundred dollars and be set.

I actually was using this before the current pack.
in germany both pills are restricted though and you can only get them with a prescription.
I got the 5 mg ones by accident and paid like 30 € for almost a year worth of finasterid
I'd totaly go for that if they were available.

also has anybody noticed aynthing about their beard growth on finasterid ?
I heard it slows down

If you lower your DHT levels I think body hair in general can take a hit. I think Minoxidil might balance it out though.