Are there any other artists or cultural figures in history that have led a tragic and strange life like Yukio Mishima...

Are there any other artists or cultural figures in history that have led a tragic and strange life like Yukio Mishima? Japanese or otherwise. Byronic personalities in history, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/80uhCUcoiKs
youtube.com/watch?v=1Bi2YA_r-QQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NeskvAXHfZw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

MANLET
A
N
L
E
T
in all seriousness tho he was pretty cool

What's your favorite book. I've only read confessions of a mask and the temple of the golden pavilion but the latter is my favorite by far
I think he truly understood what it's like not only to be ugly
But what it's like to feel ugly in every fiber of your being pic related

I just began reading The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea, after watching Mishima: A Life in Four Parts on the Criterion Collection. His writing is very reflective of his experiences, it seems

>His speech was intended to inspire a coup d'état to restore the power of the emperor. He succeeded only in irritating the soldiers, and was mocked and jeered. He finished his planned speech after a few minutes, returned to the commandant's office and committed seppuku. The assisting kaishakunin duty at the end of this ritual (to decapitate Mishima) had been assigned to Tatenokai member Masakatsu Morita, who was unable to properly perform the task. After several failed attempts at severing Mishima's head, he allowed another Tatenokai member, Hiroyasu Koga, to behead Mishima.

Have you seen the film? If you're a fan of his works then I would most definitely recommend it.

The poem the wrote before committing suicide
>A small night storm blows
>Saying ‘falling is the essence of a flower’
>Preceding those who hesitate
—Yukio Mishima

Federico Garcia Lorca

Im not a big fan of movies
I can sit for hours and read but I have no patience for movies

My "life"

youtu.be/80uhCUcoiKs

>that link name

God damn it.

>Are there any other artists or cultural figures in history that have led a tragic and strange life like Yukio Mishima?

Yeah. Mishima was a nice author, but in other aspects of life he was a real dickhole. Not much sympathy from dis kid.

>Mishima was a dickhole
You don't know how right you are lol

Putting aside judgement of his character, would you agree he led an interesting life? Apologies if I'm not making myself easily understood, English is not my first language. Photo unrelated.

What do you mean?

>select all images with a storefront

This is a lie invented by those who hate Mishima
He never intended to inspire a coup d'etat
He wanted to die in his particular way protesting what he say as wrong with Japan
But most of all he wanted to die in his own way

An interesting life, for sure. On par but possibly exceeded by his fall and death.

Do you guys know of any other people in history who had such a dramatic and orchestrated death? The idea intrigues me.

Have you read any of his works lol
We was a huge fag

I didn't understand the joke. Dickhole is homosexual slang in English? As far as I understand, his widow insists he was heterosexual, even though he wrote a novel from a gay perspective and frequented certain gay night clubs to dance

Dickhole is literally dick hole
Literally penis hole
And yes he was a fag
What about this do you not understand?

youtube.com/watch?v=1Bi2YA_r-QQ

pic related

Long version of the first half
youtube.com/watch?v=NeskvAXHfZw

Who is this? What was his life like?

dickhole is just another way to say asshole or jerk

I get it now. English slang seems greatly veried and I don't know much of it. I'll remember dickhole.

El Cid

> tfw virgins are beautiful but there's nothing beautiful about you

Marshall Applewhite. Leader of the heaven's gate cult. Very bizarre and interesting fellow who led his congregation in mass suicide. A somewhat similar tale of fatalism you might find interesting if you're willing to read up on it a bit.

It's not slang
You literally said the equivalent of "penis hole"
Dick can be used to describe someone whose being a jerk but it literally means penis
you said dickhole Which is itself an uncommon insult
We understood what you meant but it's not a common insult
I just took the literal meaning of dick hole used that as the joke
But again it's not slang

>tfw he played Tanaka Shinbei in Hitokiri one year before doing seppuku.
It's odd to watch the movie knowing that...

>other byronic personalities
Byron ?

Yes, Byron was implied.