Make Veeky Forums Veeky Forums again

Make Veeky Forums Veeky Forums again.

Discussion of anything (SS17, former runway shows you really liked, showroom collections, etc.) runway related.

Starting off with Christopher Shannon. He has some pretty interesting designs and keeps getting better. Britain's fashion showings are usually pretty shit (barring J.W., Craig Green, and McQueen) but he is definitely someone to look out for.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iBac-lcyMhw
chasseurmagazine.com/2016/06/27/song-for-the-mute-2017-ss-collection/#
youtube.com/watch?v=hT_PnNySsxg
vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2017-menswear/ann-demeulemeester
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I told him to cover it in belt loops and he did the absolute MADMAN

dont forget Nasir user with UK fashion. he has the only interesting take on streetwear

Fair enough. He had some pretty interesting offerings for FW16. I think the fact that he distances himself from simplifying his outlook to making "streetwear" is why he does well.

agreed. it's moreso coincidental that his work gets lumped under streetwear as his primary aesthetic is inspired by urban youth (aka people who dress in streetwear), particularly british underground music scenes.

his headwear alone deserves discussion. here's one he designed for pugh's ss09 collection. it's great to see talented designers flock together like this

glad to see a lot of recent designers experimenting with denim.

currently DIYing a pair of old Acnes with pockets on the front

rareweaves does denim best imho

This year's Margiela was easily the best it's been in years.

ill be dumping my favorite collection of this decade so far

thom browne fw12

Did anyone see COS FW16?

Shit is beautiful

the pubes here had me rolling

the monochromatic colors were a great way to end it all

also, post your favorite collections anons. i would love to discover more designers

FW12 was incredible, but I think I prefer FW14 a bit more. Definitely put more emphasis on creating incredible forms than a variety of interesting clothing (which he tends to do more in his spring shows anyway). I was floored when I first saw it.

sdfgsdgjsdfgksjdhgkdhjgf

technically without a doubt it was better but i just loved how lightheared fw12 was which made it take spot for me. the circus thematics here were really great and i loved how he followed through that theme with ss15 which was also a great collection

the man has made no bad show since 2007 and he never ceases to amaze me

Wistfully gaze at the setting Mediterranean sun-core

you would love chalayan's menswear user

Similar reason why I liked this year's show so much. Great subject matter, and he keeps getting more creative with materials and form as he goes on. Like you said, he's never really had a bad show, and there are incredible ones in there. I really liked FW15 as well, mostly because I also had the chance to see the Met exhibit it was inspired by.

On another note, Issey Miyake was incredible this year. Maybe I'm a basic fuckboy for wanting something that's reverberates so strongly with what his offerings have always been best known for, but it's probably the best Yusuke Takahashi has done at the house so far. Reminds me of the IM Plantation stuff from the 80s that I love so much.

ayy liking thom browne and issey? you my nigga

yusuke-era menswear and miyamae-era womenswear is really great. nothing against fujiwara but the guy imho is best working at the various sublabels (bar fw11 ofc which is everything a tailor could ask for)

>cos
ew

forgot pic

also check out the latest homme plisse collection. i wanna cop everything there.

link: youtube.com/watch?v=iBac-lcyMhw

How do you guys feel about Sruli?
I've not had the chance to wear any of his pieces since they're too small for my big nig frame (although I passed up a chance to pick up one of his super long cardigans on grailed, which I somewhat regret), but I think his clothing is very good at combining more traditional and natural materials with really wild cuts to give off sort of an organic-futuristic vibe, sort of like Iceland in general, I guess.

I also quite like how he gives sourcing information for his fabrics as well as the story behind the clothes' inception. Makes it feel much more like art than simple clothes.

Nice quads. Couldn't agree more.

I know Homme Plisse is mostly just there to make cash but goddamn if it isn't some of my favorite stuff. I will feel those miraculously dense pleats on my thighs one day...

i love looking at his work and im afraid thats the most interaction it will get for me. he's like a hippie aitor throup to me in that both of their clothes seem to look best on installations and not in say someone wearing them outside for casual use

yiqing yin couture ss16

best couture show that season fuck what anyone else says

hnnnnnnnnnnnng these colors are so fucking good

its like rick and ann d fused into one collection

>those legs

>not wanting heroin-core legs
top pleb

they look like my mother's legs
too skinny, too veiny, wonky colors

very nice, thank you

why?

that shit looks good, all that matters

Pleb go back to /b/

you're really reaching, friend
anyway post more fashun

i'm not a huge fan of lemaire but he always puts out pretty solid "casual luxury" pieces

another

>that shit looks good, all that matters
I refuse to support H&M

garbage quality user

I loved gucci again this season, will dump some of my favorite looks.

Also thanks for making this thread, user There's been shockingly few threads discussing ss17

these loafers look amazing

forgot pic

we had a paris megathread back then

also ewww gucci

>ewww gucci
sorry you don't like it but luckily fashion is subjective

How does everyone feel about Gosha's show at Pitti Uomo? I personally loved aw16 but the general return to branded sportswear was a little disappointing.

I loved Concentrated and wished that it had made it to production. He's a very friendly guy if you talk to him via email. I wore a suit of his (SR526, SR521) to a cousin's wedding earlier this year.

I like his pragmatic approach to construction; the way he designs on a half-size mannequin and scans the pattern to laser-cut full size versions is really clever, and I like his ecologically-conscious production. On the other hand, it's hard to tell how much of the message is tongue-in-cheek. Someone like Rick Owens is pretty frank about his designs and collections but Sruli's descriptions are really floral in ways that don't match the product.

Gosha's a hack, been downhill for the past few years, but at least he was trying something new with tailoring. Didn't like most of the other pieces though.

pic of suit user?

one show i really enjoyed was marni, i feel they are really tapping into that quirkyness the womenswear always had, but not so much the mens did, but still in a way thats much more refined to suit menswear
everything lemaire does i always want to buy it all, its perfect

opening look was stunning, their colours are always spot on

glasses are super cool too

one collection you guys might have missed due to only being featured on their website was loewe
photography is on point as always

They haven't put up their wedding photos yet and I don't have any photos of myself wearing it otherwise. This is the jacket; the pants are the same material and have a sweeping pleat design in the front. He's a really talented tailor, I didn't appreciate it until I saw the way the fabric was shaped until I saw it in person.

Thom Browne has been on a roll and his show is one of the ones I'm always excited to watch. I personally liked FW16 the most, the narrative of death was great and it reminded me of some of the more gothic Ann D collections.

reminds me of this

I also thought the BBS collection was very cool. Love the colors

i really want this jacket

I enjoyed Off-White's collection this season.

especially love the choice of model on this one, as a closing look it really cements the rust theme

I hope somebody was put in jail

ohh the cut on the body of the jacket looks amazing. i may just try some shit from this guy

TELL ME ABOUT THE MASKED MAN, BANE

srsly tho colors here were amazing

what a great fit

leeches

damn. this is absolutely incredible.

This 1000x, Marni killed it this season. The color palate they use in both their men's and women's shows has always been one of my favorite. Their clothing is incredibly distinctive and I think the menswear is finally catching up to the womenswear in its identity.

>Their sandals from this season made me cum repeatedly.

Yay you made the thread!

I adore the denim in OP pic, honestly have not paid any attention to Chris Shannon but I'm going to have to now looking at what you've posted here. Particularly the denim spray jacket in - caught my eye immediately!

I agree! Margiela this year was stunning, was really nice to see some progress for the house, looking forward to what the rest of the year holds for them.

Also, I've been getting into writing again lately and was thinking of possibly starting a 'designer masterclass' where I spoke on a particular designer maybe every fortnight or so; writing on their progression throughout the years and what they aim to do with fashion. I'll attempt to be unbiased as possible as I'm not trying to write a critique column here.
Would anyone be interested? I think first up I'll be doing Yohji solely because I'm ridiculously familiar with him but I'll definitely be looking at more obscure designers/houses in the future if people are interested enough to bother reading?

Attached pic is from Kenzo SS17. Personally loved this collection, the swathes of muted colours were balanced beautifully with Kenzo's trademark fluros. What'd everyone else think?

A Song for the Mute absolutely killed SS17. Everything looks so damn comfy and so ready to wear. Great to see an Australian house producing stuff that is competitive internationally.
Honestly would probably buy every single piece shown in the collection, ah if I only I was made of money.

chasseurmagazine.com/2016/06/27/song-for-the-mute-2017-ss-collection/#

Forgot pic.

pic 16 is best imo

This one?
Interesting to see how much of a resurgence loose tank tops are making, they've been a staple in virtually every collection this season

yeah
yellow's my favorite color so i loved a lot of ss17 collections

Gucci's ad campaign is on point this year

youtube.com/watch?v=hT_PnNySsxg

[Blows Bubbles]

But yeah, that was awesome, Gucci have been killing it lately - I don't even associate the label with old white women anymore. All jokes aside, any idea what this was made for? Can't imagine Gucci to be the label to run TV Ad campaigns?

holy shit this is amazing

btw anyone got an idea w2c socks like this asides from the obvious song for the mute?

I'd love to give that a read and I think a lot of other people would too! (Especially if they're beginners and don't really know "where to start" and how to learn about histories of different houses).

Definitely agree. Certain pieces have caught my eye in the past, but I haven't followed the label too closely. Seeing SS17 has made me take another look at the previous seasons and I'm pretty much in love.

On another note, Ann Demeulemeester SS17 is fucking great. A real return to Ann era looks. Sebastien Meunier has really impressed me with this one. Love the embroidery.

vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2017-menswear/ann-demeulemeester

damn, i've been planning to do something like that for a while now. i've actually made some html files for a possible new wiki. it's pretty barebones right now but i can upload it here if you guys want to

i lack experience in european couture houses though and mainly know about asian designers and some uk designers so i can fill that niche

This and FW16 women were the first seasons Michele brought other concepts to his revamped image of Gucci. I'm glad he's finally making progress in that regard: After the initial year or so where he seemed like a God for doing what he did, I thought it got very stale very quickly. Hope he follows suit and branches out more in the future.

Glad you like it. Compression tights give an extremely similar look or any tights for that matter, shouldn't need to spend more than $20 or so!

Agreeing with what you say about Ann, the return of post apocalyptica medieval couture is upon us and oh boy am I excited

Good to hear! Hoping for it to be a designer 101 sort of gig so definitely beginner friendly and seeing as I've got no formal fashion training I would feel uncomfortable writing critique. I think I might start drafting tonight then.

And , who says we both can't write! Does a fashion wikia already exist because that's a gap definitely available to be filled if not. If we can manage to keep these threads going for the next week or so I say we start a discord or IRC room and we can chat in there.

I had given up hope on seeing another season that looked like an Ann season. FW09 is one of my all-time favorites of anyone. What was the deal with FW09, anyways? Crust was probably one of Rick's best seasons, too, and everyone loves that Julius season.

I've got a pair of sneakers they did in a collab with KKTP and I wear them all the time. The destroyed sweater and lapel-less jackets are great, and I think they did a really good job presenting this season. Good photos really make a difference.

The only designer I could talk about with confidence is Lang. I know he's retired but I think it's important for people to understand his work because it forms the basis of so much current fashion.

What am I supposed to look out for, seems like a completely uninspired mix of jeans and sportswear.

Don't forget N(N) AW09 as well! Something in the water that year, I agree. I think it was the nascent noir avant-garde clothing movement finding its own and carving out a niche among those in the know.

>Looking at it and thinking he just made things that usually aren't denim out of denim

Sorry you don't like it