Is cycling Veeky Forums?

Is cycling Veeky Forums?
How do arrive on the scene without being all sweaty?

liposuction
or just don't eat anything

Basket?

Why do we need 2 threads on this topic?

Go slow. Don't get sweaty.

People with good genetics dont sweat

Ur mem must have pretty crappy geneticals then cause she was sweating pretty hard last night IYKWIM

wtf this pic LMAO

walk with bike to the designated scene then hop on it before anybody sees you

Who cares, i ride my fixie everywhere and im greasy af

Only when you ride a bike like pic related. Be fit to avoid major sweat

In the early 90s it was like that all the time.

I love that fixie look by my fat ass needs gears ;_;

Just get a single speed then so you can at least still coast

eventually climbing gets easy on fixed, it's just a matter of determination

what are we looking at here

Hub gears?

faggots ride fixies

Fixies are amazing when you don't have leg day but squat regularly instead.

Can you take any old fixie and put hub hears on it?

hmmmmm

Just bring a change of clothes and change in the bathroom before/after biking.

go electric. it's 2016

1) Techwear
2) Own it until you get in better shape, then own whatever's left
3) use panniers instead of a bag that traps sweat on your back
4) put clothes in those to change into

Combine those, no particular order. Cycling is definitely the most Veeky Forums mode of transportation.

This seems like good advice

that's how chicken wings are made

Russian Edition

feel like orienteering is the most Veeky Forums sport
combines campcore and jogging

Man I really want to get a road bike but I don't know where/how to and what I should buy/pay.

I live near dallas so I'm sure I could find something, but there are like 4 fucking months of the year that biking is out of the question. It's probably 120 on the concrete.

I had a road bike (gave it away) when I lived in the valley; it was not easy to use
if I could go back I would've gotten a mountain bike since there are some decent mountain biking trails in the state parks

>orienteering
the fuck is that

You read a map then you go places and look at what letter is written, first one back wins

>fucked knees
LAUGHING MY ASS OFF M8

w2c that collectible bike

Sounds a bit gay

pompino love
front one is ugly trash tho

>pompino
That word means blowjobs

chad hobby

yeah, even after a decade of Veeky Forums you still come across these pictures that astonish you

also note the picture frame of a hospitalised boy next to the shirtless guy playing PC... wtf?

follow "scenic depictions of slavic life" on facebook, its a goldmine for this sorta shit

Not to mention the blank photos at the end on the wall.
Is this very photo going in the next slot?

sorry but both of those bikes are pure shit

Ok this guy is not a regular cyclist. Note the entry level road bike; tiny quads and calves; no clip less shoes or cycling gloves

why would a mod delete a photo of a pompino bicycle?

This. Mine is my favourite possession.

Can you show us a pic?

>Note the entry level road bike

So he has to spend a ton of money to be cool?

this
but the foot retention system and cyclocomputer leads me to believe otherwise friendo

Don't know if it's effay or not but I actively cycle about 200+ miles a week. Just get a entry level road bike and just go. Ignore "thinspo" bullshit

cyclocomputer?
That shit costs $50 to track how many miles you've done. That's not a Garmin you idiot.

ITT: posers

>you need a faggy computer on your bike to be a "real cyclist"
>clipless for city riding
You're just sitting on Veeky Forums mocking peoples bikes. Fucking sad.

This is what you need to do. Buy a road bike you feel comfortable riding and locking up in your city and just fucking go.

Bruh just get the Strava app or map my ride. Both free

Alright - just for you, user.
Yes, I put a 48 volt, 1000watt electric motor on a BMX because I am that kind of girl.
I know it's probably not very Veeky Forums but I love post-apocalyptic/punk stuff.
Someone on /DIY/ said it looked like it came out of a dumpster.... but that was actually kind of the point.
It has a four spoke black mag wheel up front now.
I am going to make a dirt jumper style one next with good suspension forks.

I tend to leave the house with enough time to spare so that when I get to school I have 30 minutes to cool off. That also helps me keep an easy and steady pace on the way there.

San Diego weather is making me take an extra t-shirt, a small face towel, small tube w/ hair product, and small deodorant just in case I break a bad sweat.

do you ride it in public? does your left leg have room to actually pedal, your briefcase is like right there

>and here i was thinking Veeky Forums got stale

jesus you are so fucking mad right now

Doesn't shave his legs

Oh god I want to do that to my collectible bike!
Can I be ur boyfriend?

Electric desu. I'm really fit but I still enjoy smooth cycling when not on my exercise bike.

retardered bike

well its all about the hub mounting, nothing to do with the hub itself. no reason it wouldnt work provided the axle sizes match. they're pretty much standardized to so should work fine

Would you guys say it's worth it to take my bike to a mechanic to just get some major things done I'm not confident with, and then do future maintenance myself?

My brakes are a little misaligned and I can't get them properly on, I think my shifter is a little fucked, and I need my wheels zero'd.

Should I just nut up and do it myself?

>Should I just nut up and do it myself?
>Brakes/pads
Man up. It's fucking easy. Though you're fucked if you can't actually mount the damn things.
>Shifter
Watch some videos first. It's not too hard.
>Wheels
Take it to a professional as needed.

Brake and shifter alignment are not major things, but it's something you should probably do every riding season. More than once if you ride a fuck ton.

Obviously this is all moot if you really think you'll fuck up anything you attempt, since when you do, you're worse off then you were before.

Cycling garments are usually pretty cool and tech

Walking around in those shoes though is idiotic

Of course I ride it in public! Every chance I get.
The battery is thinner than it looks. It just sits on the top tube out of my way. I don't actually pedal it much because it goes 50km/h under its own steam.

Do it! You won't regret it. Make sure you do quite a bit of research about electric bike kits because there are several main styles of motor and they all have their pros and cons.
And thanks, I'm flattered user.

can you adjust how much assist it gives? Like if you just want to get some excersise but need a little help

Not with this one but the next one I am about to build will be a totally different set up and will have the option to switch between just throttle or different levels of pedal assist.

>next one I am about to build will be a totally different set up
maybe a tandem ?....

Ha! Maybe...
Nah, but I have considered trying to make one with a sidecar/side-hack thing.

>how do arrive on the scene without being all sweaty

don't be going autistically fast -why is this an issue?

Also, yes, imo.

fixies are so much more practical, what are you talking about?

are longboards (or skateboards) Veeky Forums?

A "pro" cs 1.6 team
They're shitty and poor so they butcher chickens to make enough money to be able to travel to venue

Depending on where you set your posture, you end up using your glutes more than your legs

>retardered

Hmmmm....

skateboards when you actually skate are, longboards when you can't skate well are the opposite of /fa

no.
Short board if are you good can be though

You know what i meant

I dont even understand what you are talking about.

I picked up a 80's Lotus roadbike for free at a tag sale last week. Dropbars are Veeky Forums imo. More elegant than flat bars.
Just never ride anything that looks like it came out of Walmart.
Also, only children and 60-70 year old men ride slow or on the sidewalk. Get fit or bring a change of clothes if your fat ass sweats.

what the fuck am i looking at

>cycling in a suit
way to destroy your clothes, m8

I even wrote a description.
It really shouldn't be that hard to comprehend.

People who get ancient, heavy, poorly maintianed road bikes and act all superior becuase they 'go super fast' and only ever hold the bars at the drops are the most pretentious douches on earth. All you're doing is obstinately holding up traffic with your little chicken legs, pal. I guarantee your legs cannot get you going above ~17mph.

I know this, I commute across town for school every day on a modern road bike, and every day I see faglords like you on shitty old bikes with badly fitted frame size relative to their body riding 15mph tops whilst riding at the drops all super aerodynamic, pretending you're in the tour de france. Then I do a ricer flyby, becuase I hate you fags and my legs arent puny. The only time I ride in the road is where the speed limit is low enough that I can keep up with cars (25 through downtown). Being a jackass holdong others up isnt Veeky Forums

Please rid yourself of that shit bike, and rid the roads of yourself.

also,
>free bike
W O W dude what a machine you got there! Totally not such a piece of shit that someone literally gave it away!

Please euthanize yourself.

This is my bike. R8. Use it for getting around in the summer to light snow.

Can somebody post some bike maintenance recommendations? I honestly haven't taken the best care of it since I got it a year ago :(

OH shit is that a c-30?

why are abs always like that
why is the second line a fucking mess
arny would not see that and be happy

Yep! I found it on Craigslist and bought it. It's a great bike, perfect for my needs of commuting around Boulder.

I have to replace a few parts of my brakes though because they got banged up while I was moving back home. They still function fine, but the barrel adjuster for my back brake got bent out of place, and my front brakes I think got bent a bit so the tension in one is weird.

It's a fucking lovely bike though. I'm lucky that whoever owned it before me took good care of it.

Do you commute with it or just cruise around?

are you a girl?

Haha honestly who thinks it's a good idea to ride a bike with baggy light khaki pants on? Bike grease in no time.

Do you really believe that you sweat less riding a bike if you're more "in shape"?

surely fattys sweat the most right?

>The only time I ride in the road is where the speed limit is low enough that I can keep up with cars (25 through downtown).

So ... do you ride on the sidewalk? Or somehow where you have to go magically aligns with bike lanes perfectly?

Why wouldn't you? Less exertion to keep the same speed and climb the same hills.

Wasn't even referring to fat, though people with more fat on them are going to sweat more.

"Shape" was probably the wrong word to use; I was talking about overall fitness involved in cycling. Stamina, leg strength, etc.

I rode fixed for a while, but the roads are shit where i live now so i don't anymore.

To address your questions OP
>is cycling /fa
yes
>how do arrive without being all sweaty
you either learn to not give a fuck or don't cycle. It's not as much of an issue as it seems, because the wind tends to dry the sweat the second it leaves your pores. If you want to feel like you're fresh out of the shower 24/7, cycling is not for you.

Damn this nigga firing massive shots over bicycles