Room / Interior Design thread

Let's have another room/interior design thread.

Post your room or (if you are a poorfag like me) post pictures of good looking rooms.

Other urls found in this thread:

a360.co/29Vr51N
zillow.com/b/parc-riverside-washington-dc-5hMpPw/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This pleases my aesthetics.

Those cabinets don't look airtight, the figurines are going to get dusty.

These are nice.

Tips on how to make a 12.4 m2 room in a shared apartment even remotely tolerable?

Custom open wardrobe.
Biggest bed you can fit and six duvets.
No colors allowed.

Take full advantage of the height of the room for shelving
There's a bed frame on Amazon that doesn't require a box spring and allows for a lot of storage under the frame
Go to a thrift store and buy filing cabinets. They're empty shells for storage and make for a very compact table. Also they're generally able to be stacked on top of one another
Get a few potted plants to make the room feel alive. They're under ten dollars and available in any big box store or grocery store

I'll have a 20 m2 flat.
>no money
I have no choice but minimalism meme style.

I plan on
>one large shelve / cabinet with multiple boxes to fit my stuff.
>one minimalist hanger to hang my coat, shirts and the like
>one table to eat
>one foldable couch/bed

any tips?

somebody post that room with a mattress on the floor in the corner with a nice view of the city

This really makes me wish I had a few hundred million dollars.

And I think that's it for what I have on my phone.

love the floors and natural lighting, almost had a room similar to this but my brother took it when I went to uni :(

Kill him

Kek
Yeah that sucks man I love this interior delight, I also love contemporary architecture

1/9

2/9

this is v comfy, but all of the surfaces are unusable :(

3/9

It's just inspo mate, try to keep just what you think relevant

4/9

5/9

This is nice, ty. favourite one in thread

can this be effay with the right stuff put in/painted white?

6/9
should break the wall at the left, don't really like the inspo

7/9

8/9

i'm gonna be living in a small 300 sq ft space. tips on how to make things look Veeky Forums and also "homier"? i don't want a minimalistic bachelor studio like everyone else in new york. willing to spend a lot.

My room

are you you?

I've seen several nice rooms posted by people that actually frequent Veeky Forums. It's completely possible that is his room.

Yep, it's mine. Here's an old photo when I used to have carpet.

stealing this idea! mine now

literally pinterest: the post

you sound like a mom

lel

moving soon and am gonna get pic related for a bed frame, if you could hook me up with some inspo for the colors it'd be much appreciated.

Also, I'm probably going to build something like this for a place to put a turntable setup/records: a360.co/29Vr51N

feel free to tear into it, I don't want to put a lot of time into something that's going to end up looking shitty. Still figuring out how to do support and specific dimensions.

Bump

w2c lamp

Not sure, was given to me by a friend

That closet is fucking dope

Is my room effay?

Thank you, friends. I will keep your suggestions in mind.

contemporary furniture is pure cancer
go behind a restaurant - one that you know won't have a lot of foot traffic - and steal their milk crates
just use those to hold your records

those cabinets and wood look cheap as fuck, ikea level

nice change, will never understand why americans prefeer ugly carpet to wood floor

Has anyone got the image of the room decorated with a shit tonne of foliage? I've been looking everywhere for it. Or just general interior foliage inspo.
Moving to Uni lets soon and I don't want my room to fuel my post student loan depression and regret.

same in uk, fucking disgusting

Yeah, that'd probably be a lot less pretentious, good looking out user

This one?

Current milk crates don't actually fit LPs. I've only seen them stored in older ones, which aren't as easy to track down. I just use those stupid square ikea bookcases.

My bedroom. Reposting higher quality picture.

wouldnt this be terrible in real life
imagine bringing a man or woman back after a party or some shit and having to climb up and down that while drunk as fuck. also arent they kinda weird to have past the age of like 12?
genuine question, they look dope but are very impractical

shit television viewing angle / 10

Forget the stairs, look how much headroom you have over the mattress. You're going to have pretty boring sex up there.

Yes. A buddy of mine tried the whole "microhome" thing and discovered similar issues.

I love your aesthetic, but the clothes in the middle of the room and TV viewing angle bother me a bit. What do you do when you want to watch TV???

Are you starting school like a champion?

Don't. Those bedframes are annoying during sex.

sexy af

tfw will never be rich enough to afford one of these skyscraper apartments, these threads are fun but they always make me kinda sad

You'll get there. Assuming you aren't too concerned about getting a huge place, places like that can generally be had for about $3k/mo. or so, which isn't awful.

Case in point, joints like this are popping up in DC with some regularity:
zillow.com/b/parc-riverside-washington-dc-5hMpPw/

hey nice room !!
what's that thing your beds on ?? may i ask

idk, $300 000 might do it.
you put 30k down, and then get a reallly long mortgage, and instead of paying rent you pay 800/month to bank. then you literally never pay it off, but sell it later and get some of your money back

Unlikely. You'll need more in a good city for a nice view. 300k may buy you a very small condo in a decent city, but probably not in an amazing location. Floors with better views often have nicer apartments as people will pay a premium for the view. Then you have to pay for remodelling and nice furniture, and condo fees on top of your mortgage.

Just fuck them on the couch

I hate sex juices getting anywhere near my bed, a couch cushion is much easier to protect and wash than an entire mattress

sex is extrmely gross
i dont think it is effay now that ive been near girls

Do you twats not wash your sheets or some shit?

>I love your aesthetic, but the clothes in the middle of the room and TV viewing angle bother me a bit. What do you do when you want to watch TV???

Thanks. I turn the TV screen to the left which makes it face directly to me if I set on the left side of my window seat. I agree not the best view for other positions though.

The clothes rack is more parallel to my bed than it looks from the wide angle lens.

goopy female detected

what's that clock thing omg?

it's called a macbook pro

its some sort of laptop i think

what are you talking about, 3k a month is extortion

isn't rent supposed to be at max 33% of your income? renting a place like that, i would need to make over 100k NET. most people will never make that kind of cash, especially here. even in your example of a DC apt at 670sqft, it's still 2k, which is over 70k net. but most people pay well over 33% because they have to.

Are you fucking inept?

get a bunch of old mass market paperbacks. You can find them for super cheap, the yellowed pages have a nice warm color, and it makes you look well read. Even if it's just sci-fi and fantasy trash, you'd be amazed how many people are impressed if you just own books that haven't been turned into movies