ESSENTIAL SHOES

What shoes do you think are essential in every wardrobe? Also, what shoes are the most versatile

Ramones, Geobaskets

Definitely not lmao
90% of the time those shoes look retarded

Geobaskets look like clown shoes depending on your height, weight and your overall outfit, but Ramones are pretty versatile I guess

Stop with this meme shit already

>stop with this meme shit

fuck off

Great thread boys

I wouldn't necessarily call them essential. They're certainly a wonderful shoe, but not many can pull that off.

literally

There's no such a thing as an essencial, brands use that idea to sell you stuff you don't actually need.

For what is the most versatile I would say something like black stans, the plain leather construction allows it to occuppy a wide part of the formal-casual spectrum and black just plays nice with other colors. It is somewhat of a master of none shoe.

nice file name fag

newfag lol

There needs to be more thoughtful answers like this on this fucking board, but everyone shitposts and argues

no, only a few people can pull these off. plain chelsea boots would be closer to "essential" or at least versatile.

Chelseas with a slim sillhoute are nice

I think as opposed to thinking about what shoes everyone should own one should instead think about what varieties everyone needs: high tops, low tops, slim, chunky, sneaker, boot etc. I'm a big fan of Geos and Ramones but you'd be retarded to say that a pair belongs in every wardrobe. Just find variety within your own style.

as much as i think they are sexy as hell... no
in order to pull these off you need to be very tall and extremely skinny which already eliminates them from 90% of men. also they as so skinny that you cant wear them with any thing besides skin tight jeans which significantly limits their versatility

Does anyone know w2c high shoes kinda like this one but less retarded and much less expensive ?

Here's mine. Response 2s matches every single color. Goes better than my white velcros.

black derbies

there's numerous ways designers spin it to put their mark on it but everyone literally needs a pair

This. What are you going to wear to that inevitable funeral or wedding or any formal occasion? The answer is not sick sneakers. You fail at fashion harder than any functioning lame adult if you don't have a pair. And for Veeky Forums purposes, it better be a quality pair.

RAF OWENS RICK SIMMONS XDD

it's like y'all never even visited the hood

stans are the obvious choice its insane how much you can dress them up or down

geobaskets are just as easy to wear as ramones, you just need basic understating of proportions and silhouette

Stans can be worn with like anything

and look mediocre with everything, literally babies first try at fashion

USUALLY WHAT I'M DRESSED IN

Spending 5 minutes in the inner city will show anyone that this is the true shoe for any occasion

Curious, what is the perfect silhouette/proportions for geos

Some kinda chuck-style shoe. Be it regular chucks if ur pleb, 70s Cons, Ann D his, Ramones, whatever. Theres some variation for everyone and theyre super versatile

Visvim Skagways are my fav

Ramones desu senpai

I was mildly interested in getting a pair of basic adidas sneakers until I saw a horde of like ~15 kids all wearing stans, maybe two or three others had some other kind, but all very matchy matchy with each other and that just killed my interest. I'll just cop a grey pair of vans or something and just get grey CPs once I burn a hole in those and then just not worry about every little thing that bothers me enough to keep me from getting typical adidas or Nike or CP knockoff sneakers

Shocked no one has said it but a pair of boat shoes, like Sperry top siders. You can dress them up, down, and wear em with tons of stuff. And yes I know they've become really played out and shit, but I still em

too "basic white boy"

The black Chuck II's look nice. Parchment Chuck II's are also pretty dope.

>boat shoes

Are you fucking serious.

Had to wear sperrys as part of my high school uniform, and they might as well be the uniform of the ultra basic, pretty obnoxious douche bags I see around my university so they generally leave a bad taste in my mouth, but if you're going for a prep or ivy style then they'll function up until you start throwing on Blazers, even then you *might* get away with them a bit. Not fashionable really at all, but functional and appropriate for many situations

wear these almost everyday

looser or chunkier clothes so you don't look like you have clown shoes, no skinny jeans ever.

use colors that compliment each other and gj you have a good fit.

>meming this hard

>>>/reddit/

Safe money on CDB Beeswax

Also get a pair of White All Stars and beat 'em to hell

Black 70's chucks look way better imo. II's look too clean.

Where would you get chunky clothess then lmao

ask your mom where she gets the chunky black dildos from

shut the fuck up faggot