Kimonos and other Traditional Japanese Veeky Forums

are Kimonos effay?

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2015/08/04/commentary/japan-commentary/kimono-cultural-appropriation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're certainly great and can have a lot of artistry to them.

The traditional shoes are, however, utter shit. I wore them for like two seconds and hated every second of it.

weeb shit is the definition of Veeky Forums now

I like them. I guess what they translated to in the US is just a large shawl with floral prints.

naked and famous makes kimono shirt which is effay

that isn't a kimono shirt.

That is just a summer weight Happi Coat.

If you're wearing them in a proper situation and place, then yes.
If you're wearing a kimono outside japan or little tokyo or some other japanese central then you'll just look stupid.

Ken-sama?

I think they would be appropriate for formal wear in the Western world. Just make sure you do it all right. Which is terribly expensive by the way. Buying a decent kimono and all the accessories, will cost you thousands of dollars in Japan. Which is why they are still something you hand down to daughters and grand daughters.

Not this kind but yeah.

It's just clothing that's cut in a specific way that developed in Japan because of economic reasons and likely pure chance. It's not some grand masterpiece of ceremonial wear. Everyone from peasant to emperors wore some variant of Kimono. The difference being the amount of ornament and materials. It will not cost you "thousand of dollars" in Japan to dress in a casual summer Yukata or even a fancy ceremonial Kimono, please stop this uneducated glorification of other cultures.

i hate this world

>two fashion boards
>one for normal shit and one for japanese shit
>better make a thread about japanese shit on the not japanese fashion board
You're an idiot OP

No but seriously though, cgl has kimono threads pretty frequently, so take your thread there isntead

fak off

Veeky Forums and /cgl/ have very different approaches to Kimono fashion. And I think it's pretty obvious J-fashion on /cgl/ just refers to the various keis and not any fashion from Japan, otherwise we'd be damned posting Yohji or CdG.

>J-fashion on /cgl/ just refers to the various keis and not any fashion from Japan
Kei is pretty much japanese for "style" though
Fairy-kei = Fairy-style
There are plenty of fashions that don't have "kei" in them too, like Gyaru, Shinouri or nanchatte.

But yeah, I get your point. You'd probably have a better thread on cgl though, as there are many people on there who actually wear them as a fashion.

look at Sou Sou

Is it Veeky Forums to share articles? Reminds me of something I read last year. How dare people share ideas.

japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2015/08/04/commentary/japan-commentary/kimono-cultural-appropriation/

yukata are cheaper not thousands of dollars

Not really that's why the royal family dress like this

they know what's up

all two of them

Anyone have the picture with the guy wearing the kimono and rafadidas

Imperial Family went euro-boo during Meiji. To show how modern they were. Though they do wear japan traditional for some events.

nice bathrobes

Some airhead US embassy daughter told me the Imperial Family goes to the same country club as occupation staff and treats them food and so on.

perpetual Yalta-Potsdam regime baka

Also peasantwear is pretty good

ken-sama/core

Domo arigatou, guys!

Nice fit ken-sama.