Skincare general

I've got spots under my eyes. What can I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment
skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877042814029243
international.boots.com/en/Boots-Simply-Sensitive-Day-Moisturiser-SPF15-125ml_1189241/
amazon.co.uk/Aveeno-Moisturising-Naturally-Colloidal-Oatmeal/dp/B00DM8KEXU/ref=sr_1_4_a_it
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Water-activated gel cleanser.

OP here. Pic related.

It's fucking gross, how do I get rid of this shit? My skin is near perfect except for this and some minor wrinkles from smiling.

They're called milia. You can get them removed by a dermatologist.

Look at what came in the mail today, Veeky Forumsm!

Check out this bullshit packaging though.

bump

is right. Don't try to remove it yourself, you need a dermatologist

These are not milia, I've have the exact same problem, still unsure as to what they are even after hours upon hours of researching though the internet. Do you have similar small bumps on your nose?
I've found that Salicylic acid helps a great deal. I've been using one the paula's choice BHA exfoliators for a while now and it's almost vanished.

Milia only tend to form around the eye orbital area and are whiter than OP's

I finished my accutane treatment a few months ago and my acne is starting to come back

Would the acne.org kit be good for keeping it in check

could i use these products for quite mild acne treatment? I had fairly bad (not really that bad but in my eyes it was) acne but cleared it up w some intense/harsh products and now I'm looking for gentle products for maintenance/clearing up the last few spots.

Yeah, I think that should work. I have combination skin with some pimples. Idk if you could call it acne since I thought acne was an actual skin disease you can only fight with medication but maybe I'm wrong. I also use a BHA from Paula's Choice, vitamin c serum (for PIH) and 5% benzoyl peroxide on pimples if you're interested.

I have visible veins under my eyes. What do I do?

*AHA oops

just close then

Embrace it brah

Above my eyes looks like a placenta

veins on my eyelids are even more visible

bump

I just started using an exfoliator because I've always had near perfect skin. That's also why I started this thread.

Can Sweet Almond Oil be used as an Oil cleanser for a double cleanse on its own or does it need to be mixed with something?

i put the inside of a vitamin E capsule on my face, more specifically my under eye
will let you know how it goes cause some people on the internet comments say it made their face swell up go red and flaky
others said it worked perfectly
time will tell

I've been having this since winter. I've tried everything and no luck.

I think this is fucking cool, keep it man

its not nearly as cool on lower eyelid where everyone can see it

SKINCARE STICKY for /skin/

Wiki:
Skin care basics: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

Veeky Forums skincare FAQ:
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

LAST THREAD AT

bump

Is it true that sodium bicarbonate + lemon juice is the uber recipe to put on my face and will remove my acne and whiteheads permanently?

When I shower and use my mud mask the blackheads they disappear for like 10 minutes then come back when I get out of the shower. What do?

nope.
sodium bicarbonate is way too alkaline to be good for your skin. it'll dry your skin out and hurt it.

the lemon juice will make your skin more sensitive to sun.

/r/skincareaddiction has written a lot about how harmful it is.

isn't that what accutane does? Dry your skin until each and everyone of your whiteheads is gone?

nice dubs

accutane in part works by killing the sebaceous glands deep inside your pores. this causes much less sebum, or skin oils, to be produced. this gives less food for the acne bacteria inside your pores, leading to less acne.

sodium bicarbonate will almost exclusively act on the surface, and not go that deep down in your pores. it will react with the skin oils and create soapy substances out of them, drying the skin out, and completely wrecking the elasticity and barrier functions of the skin.

when it increases your skin pH it will also make it much easier for acne bacteria to grow on and in your skin - while also making it harder for the beneficial bacteria to thrive. it will irritate and inflame the skin.

there's a difference between "drying your skin", by removing surface oils and making the skin vulnerable, and successfully removing excess oils and shit deep inside the pores.

please don't use alkaline substances on your skin. your natural skin pH must be maintained at about pH

How to remove dead skin? Whenever im in the shower and rub my body with the palm of my hand theres always dead skin comming off. Does it even matter?

It's best to remove dead skin thoroughly at least once a week and moisturize the areas you exfoliate so your skin doesn't fuck up even worse because of dryness imo You should try a korean italy towel. That stuff removes all dead skin if you use it after soaking yourself in hot water and its like 3 dollars on ebay.

exfoliators

im back to say that it worked and seems improved, i will continue to apply knowing my face wont explode

ty /blog

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877042814029243

My only skin "flaw" are dark circles under my eyes and I kinda like them so whatever. Dodged a bullet there considering skincare products cost shit tons.

Try a korean italy towel, they are like 6 dollars for 8 on ebay/amazon and work a lot better than exfoliators. Soak yourself in hot water for a little bit, scrub your skin with it, and done, dead skin is all off. I'd recommend doing it every week/every other week depending on how much dead skin you have and keep constant with it.

I've had control over my skin a couple months ago, but now I'm breaking out. Thing is, it's only on my left cheek. The acne isn't right on the surface, though, it's deeper so benzoyl peroxide wouldn't do much. I change my pillowcase frequently, I avoid touching my cheek. I don't let my phone touch my face when I talk on it, etc. Anything I'm missing, here?

Critiques/Additions to my routine?

the sunscreen is only pa+++ but other than that looks fine

if you at a bare minimum dont at least have a sunscreen your skin is gonna go to shit

not using a moisturizer generally isnt too great for fine lines and stuff either

those are sebaceous filaments, not black heads

they will always come back, use a bha if you want to try and minimize their appearance

any reason you're lacking in the moisturizer dept.?

What else can/should I be doing?

lol inferior genes btfo

Just want to share, I'm using hemp facial cream at the moment and it seems to be working really well. Has been lessening redness on my face and making me look a lot younger in general. Plus my face has never been softer, except for when I was a baby maybe.

I bought it in some hippy shop and its made here in Australia so I don't know how readily available it is. But I thought i'd recommend it.

Avene is my shit! Too bad I break out even from their mineral sunscreen. I have to decide whether I want skin cancer or acne every damn morning.

Would it make sense to use both BHA and AHA?

Ok..Thx a lot for the info. I need to change my anti-acne program

I wouldn't personally use 2 cleansers, and I don't think the aloe cream will do that much considering you already have almond oil on your face. it would be better to put the aloe cream underneath the almond oil.

but making a flowchart out of your skincare routine?

8/10

Started working out and am getting acne on my face and back. How do I stop this?

Don't you shower after? Or are you eating differently?

How to get rid of red spots after acne? I have almost no actual acne but with the red spots it feels like I do.

I do shower after. Have been eating more

I started lifting too and I only get occasional zits on my back that hurt alot.

Just make sure you shower after workout and don't "dirty" bulk, it may cause acne. Good luck on your lifts bro

test increase creating more acne + maybe you've started eating much more whey protein

Oh the almond oil + TTO is spot treatment. I usually only leave it on for about an hour before wiping it off.

I'll take your advice and hunt for a new moisturizer though. Thanks!

How should I go about Diluting Tea Tree Oil with carrier oils? I have both bottles of Jojoba Oil and Almond Oil

I've been doing the oil cleansing method with Jojoba and then using Almond for the moisturizer

Should I mix the TTO with one of the carrier oils? Which one, or both?

Am I an idiot?

So I'm a little confused on the order I should be applying my products, as I've seen conflicting advice.

What I'm doing atm:
Shave -> Wash face with hot water -> Cleanse -> Wash face with cold water -> Dry -> Salicylic acid pads -> wait 10 min to dry -> moisturise (or apply suncream if going out)

Does this sound right?

What I'm most confused about is whether I should exfoliate before cleansing or vice versa

is it normal to purge with small red/colorless bumps all over my cheeks once you start exfoliating?

Yep. But only to the extent that your skin can handle it. It's easy to irritate the skin by drying it out, and exfoliating away too much of the skin.

The skin residues on the top of your skin, the dead skin cells that sometimes end up in your pores and helps cause acne, also acts as a protective barrier to all kinds of bad stuff out there. You don't want to take away too much of it by over-exfoliating, because then the underlying skin will be exposed and dry out too easily and be irritated by stuff.

2% salicylic acid (not in a drying alcohol/ethanol solution) 1-2 times a day works for most people. Coupling that with any low-strength AHA product a few times a week PM is also fine. Some people use it a lot more often than that, because their skin can handle it.

Typical signs of that you're using too much AHA/BHA exfoliators (and cleansers) is dryness, redness, tight skin, light burning, and skin peeling. If you're completely new to all kinds of AHA/BHA exfoliating treatments, try something light like salicylic acid for a few weeks and see how it helps your skin.

A lot of people see great improvements after a couple of weeks, because it has helped them:
- lower the skin pH closer to a healthy level
- remove skin residues faster, leading to a smoother skin, a less dull appearance, and fewer clogged pores
- make the skin overall less inflamed

oh BTW
don't forget sunscreen

making the top skin layer thinner will make you more exposed to sun radiation
that's why it's important to use the AHA in the evening, and never the morning.

sunscreen is also important if you use benzoyl peroxide, accutane, or retin-a for pretty much the same reasons

I don't want the SUN to mess up your skincare gainzzz

I really have a hard time believing the people here who spend so much time and money on skincare products actually have better skin than someone who just happens to have no problems with their skin

add moisturizer to the end of your flow chart both am and pm

I don't eat whey powder but I'll be considering it in a few months. Thanks for the advice user.

This is my forehead. Someone end me

I'm a noob at this, been trying various washes and moisturizers but nothing has really helped more than others. Currently washing my face every evening and applying this moisturizer:
international.boots.com/en/Boots-Simply-Sensitive-Day-Moisturiser-SPF15-125ml_1189241/
Normally (home for summer) I use this:
amazon.co.uk/Aveeno-Moisturising-Naturally-Colloidal-Oatmeal/dp/B00DM8KEXU/ref=sr_1_4_a_it
They have different effects and I like the latter better, thought both leave my face shiny and it's still not too great.

I don't know if it's acne or something else, hard to really identify exactly. I do get the ones filled with white puss or something now and then though. Any help?

Go to a fucking dermatologist. This shit can be fixed, dont be a helpless bitch

Depends my dear user, what skin type you have?

i think you're washing your face too much

try using a 2% salicylic acid scrub every other day, there are many different types I use the pink grapefruit one.

also try to fix your diet a little bit. drink more water and cut out junk food and soda as much as possible

Could anyone recommend some blackhead facial scrubs?

you don't need scrubs to get rid of blackheads, user. scrubbing mostly just affects the surface of the skin. you need bha and blackhead removers in your life

my forehead was like this in start of june, i started using the cerave cleanser and it cleared it really well

I have Cleanance Solaire but I'm always reluctant about putting it on my face because it also has SPF protection. If you're not careful to spread it even on your face, a day at the beach can turn out horrible.
What is Mousse Nettoyante for?

How do I remove blackheads from my nose without other people in the house realizing I'm a faggot?

I know you can stand over boiling water for 3-5 mins or you can apply tomato juice for like 3 hours but none of those are sneaky

What's a good physical exfoliant? I'm already using Paula's choice BHA chemical exfoliant and I've been using one from lush but I don't know what makes a good one or not.
Grow some balls

go vegan you look like shit

Aztec Secret is actually great. despite the hippie packaging it's just 100% bentonite clay. it really gets all the grit out of the skin and makes it much more smooth. I guess most other clays like kaolin could work too

Could you recommend some of these products?

Dry with a normal T-zone

Hey Avène is like N°1 skincare product in France. The name come from the lake of Avène of which they use the water.

Exercice, eat healty food and go outside so your skin see the sun.

Can anyone recommend me a good cleansing oil for sensitive, acne-prone skin?

I've started using epiduo which seems to be working pretty well for acne, but I still get some pimples that seem like they're from shaving. What are some good shaving products to use without going full "safety razor" meme

just do it man

This is my favourite face wash when I'm in Europe (I live in Canada; I can buy it here I just prefer not to). It takes makeup off really well and the mattifying quality is great for summer. I have dry skin and it still keeps my face soft.

Glamglow packaging is so over the top imo.

do you speak German by any chance

do i wash my face and then apply cleanser, toner, and moisturizer right after?

Oil cleanser (optional for double cleanse)
Wet face
Water-based cleanser
Dry face
Toner
Moisturizer

Ive gotten a shallow cut on my face how do you make sure it heals properly with a minimal scar?

What moisturizer for oily skin?? They're all for "normal to dry skin."

should i even bother moisturizing if i have oily skin and live in a super hot and humid country?
my face gets so oily and sweaty that i have to light-cleanse in the after lunch

Thank you! I'm and . I already use an AHA and sunscreen and was just wondering whether adding a BHA would benefit me.

How so? Mousse nettoyante is cleansing foam.

Do you use it yourself?

I really like it so far! I have normal to oily combination skin though. The GlamGlow packaging is super unnecessary but the mask itself is really good.

Has anyone here ever used LRP Effaclar Gel, if so how did you find it?

thank you

What do I do if a cut partially heals but is a weird color? Has never happened to me before
Pic related, cut is on my wrist

Sorry for big file size, uploaded from my phone

The Effaclar range made my skin worse a couple of years ago. Went from normal but spotty to angry and inflamed and dry, but still spotty.