Why is wearing a watch a sign of masculinity?

Why is wearing a watch a sign of masculinity?

Use your fucking phone brah, for real.

Since phones have been a thing, there's been NO NEED FOR A WATCH

I wear one because everyone else in the office wears one.

because its faster to check
also im autistic and like mechanical shit

It's the only piece of jewelry men get aside from a wedding band. Makes me think more of a person and their taste if I see them wearing a nice watch.

>Use your fucking phone brah, for real.

Those assumptions. Not everyone is a drone.

If you have a mobile phone chances are that you deserve to be shot.

Agreed, it's basically a relic of the past, only used by autistics who are out of touch technologically. It can also be theorized that it's all just a Jewish marketing scheme in order to continue taking in the shekels by goys and retards, especially the ones that spend hundreds and even thousands on a single watch.

it's a fashion accesory, it doesn't need to be practical. still, it's easier to check your watch than your phone and you can still use it if your phone isout of juice

You posted this on /r9k/ too you faggot

Your phone can die, power can go out for days, sometimes it's rude to pull your phone out..

There are reasons

>meeting / interview / dinner / movie
>"what time is it?"
>spend 10 seconds disengaged from the event

Also, it's considered rude to use your mobile phone while engaging in social interaction. A watch allows for a simple flick of the wrist and you can get all the information you need.

Back to /pol/ faggot

Yeah, yeah. Real nonconformity is internal, not in what meme clothes you wear, and not in whether or not you have a watch.

been wearing various wristwatches (both solar and kinetic and now automatic) since I was 12 and not once any of them had a flat battery or needed any form of service, maintenance.
can you tell the same about any of your phones?

I don't always feel like pulling out a tiny supercomputer when I want to keep check the time.

also, wristwatches look nice. Why do people wear necklaces, rings, etc? Fuck it, why even buy nice clothes? There's no need for them, just buy a second hand boiler suit or go tarzan with some loincloth.

it helps while driving
and driving is considering a masculine thing
besides it's a way to show off your money

I used to think something along those lines until someone schooled me on how he was making money on the resale market.

I like them.

What are you going to do about it?

What watch is this

i like you

Does your car not have a clock?

Sorry, I'll send telegrams of my dick to people instead.

Meetings and interview rooms would have a clock in there. No one will judge you for checking the time on your phone at dinner time and no one would ask for the time during a movie.

It looks expensive

People respect expensive

>NO NEED FOR A WATCH
>implying most fashion isn't inherently gratuitous

Making this thread on Veeky Forums as well I see.

You seem upset? Who hurt you? Did some guy with a watch fuck your girl? Bully you?

who /casio/ here?

How's your mixtape going bruh

Adults have jobs, which entail meetings, going for drinks, and other such social interactions where it may be rude to take out your phone to check the time. There isn't always a clock available, either.

forgot pic

if its rude to spend 3 seconds checking the time on your phone. its rude to spend 2 seconds checking the time on your watch

Mechanical makes my dick hard. But it's a bitch if you're not wearing regularly

Incorrect

Terrorist reporting in

Assuming it's not b8. As a teacher I need to check time frequently (how fast are we progressing, do I have time to squeeze in one more theorem / exercise / example, how long have they been working on this exercise...), checking my watch is nowhere near as distracting for students as checking my phone, and it gives me more legitimacy when I ask them not to check their phones in class.

Not him but if you like the style, atm I'm wearing a pepsi seiko diver 200 w/ black nato band and it's awesome.

>incorrect

incorrect

no you're just autistic

>no you're just autistic

>high school math teacher
>math teacher
>math
>autistic
Tell me something I don't know, I get made fun of by relatives because I time my cooking to the second. What's your point ?

Really nigga, you posted this on /r9k/ , /g/, and now Veeky Forums. Really nigga.

I wear a watch because I prefer looking at my wrist for the time than having to pull my phone out of my pocket

Watches are literally just something for insecure people to wear. They have no functionality in today's society.

kek

rekt

it shows financial status, and taste,

i just look at the position of the sun and know what time it is

Looking at my watch takes a fraction of a second and a glance to my wrist. Pulling out my phone, fiddling with it and putting it back again takes three seconds (two if I'm fast) and is an obvious movement.

When I check my watch -- dozens of times a day to confirm the time or date and day, most of it in situations where pulling out my phone will be troublesome/disrespectful.

Also there's the fact that my watch complements my attire (same as my belt). I have three watches for different levels of dressiness.

It means time is important and you are a man in control of your life. It also means you are engaged with the real world, thus you need to check the time on your wrist instead of reaching for your phone which is strictly for communicating about important things.

It also means you are rich enough to buy a phone and a watch. Now stop talking like a teen

>holster
never change, /g/.

>It's the only piece of jewelry men get aside from a wedding band.

Not true.

>He thinks having a watch is about having the time.

get a clue

>this salty motherfucker ruined his life for what amounted to nothing at all
Should've advertised his main philosophical work in a more intelligent manner and then moved to rural Wyoming. VoilĂ : all the political activism, freedom and closeness to nature he craved; none of the imprisonment and humiliation he experienced.

Instead, he made pleb mistakes (identified by his handwriting - really?) during a series of political killings. After that, he attempted tying the knot by conveying concepts far too difficult for laymen to comprehend after a mere glance at a newspaper article featuring his capture.

Anarchism, which was central in his political thought, is not conveyed well by propaganda of the deed.

I don't care about time
When I'm late, people call me
I'm always late
People stopped calling me
I'm happy

There is also no need to dress liken an autist since regular clothes were invented

It's not possible to covertly check your phone like it is to covertly glance at your wrist. Why are so many people on Veeky Forums vehemently against such mature concepts like social etiquette?

if you're moving around a lot it's easier than a phone. plus the battery dies like once every few years instead of once every 6 hours.

Where can I get a cheap watch? I don't mind buying used.

watches are fedora garbage

You must be twelve

timex from literally anywhere

"*tips fedora*"

Cause bitches actin like they know me cause my Rollie tho

It's a tool. Tools are masculine. It's also jewelry. So it's masculine jewelry. Like a really nice over and under for shooting trap and skeet. Beautiful and decorative but with a function and purpose above it's aesthetic quality.

>for insecure people
Explain.

>Why are so many people on Veeky Forums vehemently against such mature concepts like social etiquette?
You should know by now Veeky Forums is full of teens or immature young adults.