perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

fragrantica.com/ingredients-search/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck me, LAST THREAD HERE For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want. Helpful info could include gender, price range, climate/season, need (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.

Anyone have experiences with this frag?

How close is it to Green Irish Tweed?

Also, could it be used year round?

this is going to sound completely lame, but is anyone aware of a fragrance with notes of marijuana?

i'm sure there's a company that has just completely recreated it with some tacky weed-leaf bottle, but i'm more interested in seeing what a complex perfume created around/ inspired by marijuana would smell like? not really even interested in wearing it, just more like curiosity.

i'm aware nasomatto has a scent that has notes of hashish, sort of like that i guess.

If you don't coordinate your fagrance with season, weather, time of day and location. Don't post here

SmellBent has some.

>time of day
?????

any of those any good? Acqua di Parma gets lots of mentions in these thread but I haven't tried any of them

I haven't tried many. But I adore Essenza. Very refined, elegant.

Day/Night

Or if you're more particular, going out, post-lunch refresh and night out.

>this much autism
lmao

Thoughts on this?

I want to move beyond the standard, popular scents (BdC, Sauvage etc). Would something like pic related be hard for a 20-something year old to pull off?

Where can I get displays for my cologne? Something that I can maybe put untop of my dresser drawers , so all my cologne is presented in a nice, neat, organized, raised display.

also opinions of pic related. Smells too much like bubble gum to me. Do girls like this fragrance?

Go here and search for cannabis as a note, there are a bunch.

fragrantica.com/ingredients-search/

Anyone considered getting something like a wine cabinet for storing fragrances and keeping them cool? Anyone tried it?
Asking for a friend.

CDG Play Green might be good if you're looking for a subtle nod, and you want the weed that you're smelling like to be really fresh.

I mean, Day/night's fair if you're doing something in the evening. I'm not trying to entice anyone at work, just trying to smell acceptable. Inversely, I'd want to smell better than average if I were going to dinner/going out later that night.

Need a night summer Fragrance and a day spring fragrance.

Summer Night- Male-50-80 price range, something that's noticeable during a night at the bar with friends or a date, Acqua di Gio & Acqua di Gio Profumo do not work well on my skin

Spring day- something rainforest smelling. I want fresh and cool, but not drier sheet or too citrusy. Something I can just casually put on and go

tbth most of the varvatos artisan line is garbage. Smells alright, but generally unremarkable and doesn't last for shit. would not recommend

just got this and I'm really really liking it

thoughts?

only downside is it doesn't seem to last very long

Thoughts about pic related

I really liked it too, enjoyed wearing the sample I had and used it up pretty fast. Then I bought 50mL and wore that a few times, then I just kind of stopped. Couldn't really into it anymore. Somehow they made it just good enough to get you to buy a bottle.
A few months later I bought plain DH. That one is a masterpiece.

Thoughts on CDG 2 Man? Was gonna cop that or Wonderwood, some opinions/experiences on both would be appreciated.

not that I know of, you might have to make your own display.

As for Armani Code Profumo, yeah girls will dig it

Nobody's surprised. jeremy comes off as a cocky son of a bitch

A literal homosexual.

The Container Store, picture related, would be my first stop. Then Ikea, Target and perhaps a restaurant supply place.

>wine cabinet
If you mean a small refrigerator, some people do it on BN. I have some old and discontinued frags that are doing just fine in the medicine cabinet away from light and extreme heat, but that strikes me as total overkill. I suppose if I lived some place brutally hot, had no air conditioning and had lots of rare expensive bottles I wanted to keep around for decades, I'd consider it.

wow, I wish the Fragrance Bros would ellaborate on that experience more, its hard to judge from the little information they provided

I think its bull crap that Macy's doesn't carry the original Dior Homme or DHI, at least at my location they don't.

But this is alright, pretty close to Dior Homme

What are some good oud fragrance that costs less than $150 (so not anything Francis Kurkdjian or Tom Ford Private Collection).

Montale is known for their ouds. Best I've tried are Aoud Cuir d'Arabie, Aoud Damascus and Aoud Lime. Aoud Red Flowers is decent too. Hear good things about Black Aoud, but haven't tried it.

if you're not looking for something as artsy, 24 gold is a solid babby's first oud

What if I don't like Kiefer Sutherland?

>my fragrance package arrives
>the bottle is super hot

I'm scared everytime that the heat has ruined my fragrance. I don't understand why it gets so damn hot.

>I don't understand why it gets so damn hot.
probably because it's been sitting in the back of some un-airconditioned delivery truck in the hot summer all day you fucking moron

The cedro one is really fucking nice

It was a 250 dollar bottle of Creed Royal Oud ! should I return it? I don't know what to do.

Pro tip: the ones on display at a fancy department store also sat in blistering heat on a tarmac

I am a big oud fan and have had a bottle of 24 Gold for years and I can detect no oud in there. Bizarre.

Actually, every single bottle of every single fragrance EVER has sat in the back of a hot truck or shipping container or room for untold days at some point in its life span. The stuff isn't plasma or insulin and doesn't need to be coddled on pillows in climate controlled litters carried by eunuchs. You just don't want to leave a bottle on a sunny windowsill or in a hot car in the summer for weeks or months or years. Jesus people.

Is it me or does the label look crooked and off?

I have a hard time believing heat won't degrade the ingredients in some way, I guess it's unavoidable. I just got into frags and I'm really hesitant to buy online cause of the Texas heat.

do any sample sites use temperature-controlled packaging?

lol are you guys dense? Jeremy's a fucking douche, all the way from his taste in fragrance to the way he looks to his vapid, pretty-boy "personality". Why don't more people sense this?

Just you I believe

I don't believe it's authentic. Doesn't smell right ,too harsh.

>just got into frags

Then shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down you pedantic fuck.

Whats the most versatile cologne by Comme des Garçons?

jesus bro it's a sensible concern, I also wouldn't really call it "pedantic" when someone's paying $350+ for a bottle of Creed.

have you smelled tuscan leather before

harsh is certainly one of the adjectives people throw around

yes it's exactly pedantic every single one of us has bought expensive fragrances online and not person has told you any horror stories

quit being a little bitch and buy online or drive 4 hours out of your shitty one horse town to a barney's or sakk's and buy it or stop posting

I have the original scent. It's definitely pleasant, but have found its more feminine than masculine. It's comforting and has a clean smell so I do use it on days that I want to relax around the house.

It's also perfect at what it originally was used for, spraying on a handkerchief or scarf.

Yes. I bought samples from Surrender to chance. The samples I got smelled a lot more sweet and had a pleasant dry down. I bought the bottle from Beautyspin and it's just a lot harsher and doesn't smell as refined. The bottle also feels very light and I heard tom ford bottles have a good heft to them. I know people will defend beautyspin as legit, but something is off. Also the price was marked down about 45 dollars below retail, which is fishy because as far as I know Tom Ford likes it's exclusivity. I have doubts the source on where they got these are actually legit.

woops! sorry for trespassing. I definitely didn't posit something rational and get flak from some shitty dyslexic troll.

The same should apply to you; get off your fucking high horse or stop posting.

Welcome to the endless dance of "is it legit?" BN is full of threads about this. The ONLY way to be sure you are getting a legit bottle is to buy from an authorized retailer at retail price. And even then, people complain that it's not just like the last sample/bottle they smelled. Then you get in to the insanity of batch variations or even worse: reformulations. Batch variations is why Aventus ended up getting its own subforum because people got in to discussion after discussion of which batch smelled more smoky or fruity or had 30 minutes more longevity... And "did this frag get reformulated?" Then bottles of this particular vintage of a common fragrance start selling for more on eBay...

Bottom line: you'll never 100% know if the sample you got from StC was legit, or the bottle you got from BS, as neither is an authorized retailer. I'll tell you this, that both companies have been around for many years and if they HAD sold fakes, they would have been outed long ago by people more knowledgeable than you or I.

Ever been to a restaurant and had your favorite dish, and it didn't taste the same as you remember? That's because ingredient suppliers change, or their source crops or chemicals changed, etc. The only way of getting something that smelled exactly like that sample you got is to get a bottle of that BATCH of TL.

Welcome to the insanity of being a fumehead.

That wasn't me who flamed you, FYI. The sad bit is that on a chemical level, you are probably right that that time in the truck had SOME impact on SOME of the molecules, but it is highly doubtful that that impact is detectable by a human nose. Every time you take the butter or milk out of the fridge and expose it to higher temps and air it has a chemical impact. Do you notice it? No. Does it bother you? No. But now because you're spending insane amounts of money on something, you're worried about it. Again, this shit isn't highly unstable and needs to be coddled like nitroglycerin. Chemists made it to withstand the rigors of shipping. If they didn't the company would go out of business from endless returns. The changes happen over long periods of time. Just don't store your bottles in direct sunlight or extreme heat and you'll be fine.

And your question about temperature controlled packaging is a little crazy. Just saying... Again, if it was an issue, you better believe Creed or some other bigger high end house would offer "premium refrigerated shipping" as an option for people with more money than sense. Frankly, I'm kind of surprised they don't. Would be another way to separate fools from their money.

>premium refrigerated shipping
I smell a business opportunity.

Forgot to mention: while I've never done it, I'm sure if you have legit concerns about something you bought from BS, they'd stand behind it. Contact them.

Also forgot to mention: check out La Yuqawam pH. I like it even better than TL and I've never heard anyone question if their bottle of LYpH was a fake.

No shit. God, I'm sorry I said anything. I want a fucking cut of every dollar made from that golden goose.

^this

pretty much I agree with what that user said, basically some people even think fragrancenet is not legit. If you're that paranoid, just return (if you could) and get a bottle from an authorized retailer in store

Doing a little research. I have batch A75, july 2015 batch. Apparently this was a very bad batch coming from others online and in forums. So it's legit, but I still got screwed over. You think I have a case for a refund or I'm SOL.

definitely SOL

I like to use my Tom Ford decanters as book ends. They look nice and it's a good place to store them.

So when you go to spray yourself all your books fall down?

>Wonderwood/oud
Prefer Oud because of absence of pepper.
>Odeur 71
Big bottle and pleasing scent, pretty cheap in comparison to others.
Maybe standard, to me it's a little too metalic.

You don't spray from flacons, or as TF regrettably calls them, "decanters." You decant from them.

what's good for 95F+ days? this shit is ridiculous. fuck hot weather.

creed MI gets my dick wet

This sampler pack just arrived in mailbox today. I hope I'm not too massively disappointed when I get home...

How long does the cedro last?

is it normal to not being able to smell your fragrance after a while of using it?

reccs for a summer scent for a 27 year old male? i wear a lot of YSL L'homme Libre

Generally, thanks to scent fatigue.

olfactory fatigue

ADG

Is it a waste of time and/or retarded to hit up macys/norstrom/sephora to sample some fragrances to get an idea of what i like/am looking for, or should i just order samples online like everyone else.

SOL, but hey these niche fragrances and their batches are all a crap shoot anyways. Imagine all the people who bought that batch when it was new and in store.

>after a while
Whether you mean hours or days, they would both be correct and the answer is . To address the hours bit, avoid application in proximity to nose, i.e. face and front of neck. For days, don't wear the same scent for days in a row.

what does Veeky Forums think of COOL WATER BY DAVIDOFF ?

Free testing and take home samples and a bigger selection at your fingertips vs. paying money and having to chose before spending and waiting for shipping... Hmmmm....

Is 23 too young to wear Guerlain's Vetiver?

no, anyone who takes age into account for wearing a fragrance has autism

Is it worth the money?

Considering this or polo red

dude wear them both for a day and decide yourself, i can't imagine heeding to advice from a stranger on a chinese cartoon chat room on something as personal as your scent

I live in a small town and only place you can really buy fragrances in person is the mall, which doesn't have l'homme

I haven't been in a while though so I don't even remember what polo red smelled like. to be honest no matter what I use I don't notice the smell more than a couple minutes after I spray it, not sure if i'm doing it wrong or what

Sephora is my favorite place to get samples, the samples are free and the sales reps are super chill.

At Macy's and Nordstrom you could only spray on your skin or paper. The sales reps at those places seem to have higher pressure to sell for some reason, dunno if its commission or management.

Ordering samples online sucks cause you pay for it and wait for shipping. Online samples are only good for niche products. All your designer samples should could from Sephora since its free.

although our noses do get used to the scent and stop picking them up constantly after a while, you still get a waft of it every now and the. Make sure you're spraying on your skin, chest or either side of neck.

I don't recommend blind buying, so really try to go to sephora to sample both those. they're pretty safe and cheap though, just read reviews on fragrantica and see which one appeals to you most

thanks guys. yeah, really want to be able to take my time and not feel a) pressured to buy and b) not feel like i was wasting anyones time.

where do you recommend spraying specifically on the skin, how far away, how much, etc.?

I hear you. Unlike I have decent success at getting samples at Macy's & Nordstroms but I live in LA, so other places might have different policies. Plus, I come right out and tell the sales rep that I'm just sampling right now and won't buy anything I haven't worn several times, just to make sure we're on the same page and they can help paying customers no problem.

Now, at Sephora, you can walk right up to any sales rep and ask for three samples of anything, and some have TF and other higher end houses, and they'll make you a 1.5ml spray sample with a smile on their face. That is Sephora policy and they don't work on commission.

Does sephora have Bleu de Chanel edp samples?

Not that user, but spray anywhere except face and front of neck. Hair and clothing hold on to top notes longer and enhance projection. Under clothing mutes projection. Spray far enough away that most of it ends up on your skin (sprayer dependent). 2-5 sprays, fragrance, sprayer and situation dependent. Most 3-4 sprays. I do 1-2 on chest, 1 on nape of neck, 1-2 on forearms and rub to share if necessary.

They have a web site for you to check stock. Any bottle in store they can make a sample from.

so spray with clothes on? I always figured it was spray before you put your shirt on so it's not overwhelming

Read my post again.

well I did yeah, I'm referring specifically to the spray on the chest, obviously the ones for the back of the neck, and forearms aren't really issues but with my colognes personally at a certain point of how far away it is, the spray just disappears so I can't spray far enough that it'll mostly end up on my skin rather than the actual shirt

Yeah, you generally apply before you put your shirt on. The spray on the back of the neck gets a little in my hair for a little boost, but only when you really want more help would you spray on clothes. Careful, some frags stain some fabrics.

IMO it's way easier to sample in person if it's at least semi-convenient for you to get to a retailer. Especially a place like sephora where you don't hardly even have to deal with a sales associate. Best part is it's free (other than the cost of getting there) and usually you can take free samples of 2 or 3 to try them out at home. I get not wanting to have to deal with SAs and feeling pressured to buy, but nothing worse than ordering a bunch of samples (paying for them) waiting a week+ to get them and then hating every single one. But like a previous user said, if you're looking for niche then ordering online is probably your only option.

Yes, this is good advice. In any sales situation, it's best to stick to your guns and voice your goal to the sales person up front. Make sure you're very clear with the fact that your goal is to go home with several samples in order to decide which one you like best.

btw, this is probably dependent on location, but around holiday time, sephora SA told me that they limit their free samples to 3 per person.