I just got talked into buying this watch for 120 euros...

I just got talked into buying this watch for 120 euros. I didn't want to spend more than 80 bucks but the salesman was really good.

Is it at least Veeky Forums approved?

I don't like the font of the 12, looks tacky.

rest ist fine i guess, I would have to hold it in my hands to judge

Return it

Not approved

why?

If you can return it, do it

lmao

getting upsold

I like everything but the 12 and hour markers. They're too large.

Festina is not that bad. But definitely not worth more than 80 bucks.
And this Model looks like trash.

>Festina
I wouldn't say it is a terrible deal, I don't know much about the watch as is. But is it a mechanical or quartz watch?

I looked them up, they generally start around $120 USD for a basic watch. Give the model number and I can check it out for you.

Give it to your wife's son as a gift

it's the F16760/2

Alright, from what I could tell about the watch..
Originated from Switzerland, moved to France and Italy, operates mainly in Europe, and is in general considered a 'fashion' brand, though I mind you it is not by definition a fashion brand, it just has that sort of reputation, not necessarily bad reputation.

For the actual watch, yours uses a Miyota JS15, which.. is a good movement, definitely not a low tier Miyota movement by any means like the $3 Miyota 1L or 1S series that companies like Daniel Wellington use, which they will market for hundreds. The accuracy should be at least average for these movements, you shouldn't lose more than 18-20 seconds a month, usually it is much less. The crystal is mineral, I guess a brushed finish, and I am not too sure on how the design looks on your watch. Ultimately you will have to determine if it has a good finish on the dial and casing, if it is sloppy, those are the signs of a poor watch and bad quality control.

For the actual money you spent on it, there are better watches out there for the money, watches with in-house mechanical movements like Orient, durable and reliable watches like Citizen/bulova and Seiko. You can get a great entry level Japanese automatic watch from any of those three companies, and you will have, most likely, a more dependable and nicely finished watch, all with good horological histories. But none of this is to say that the watch you got is bad, ultimately if you like the design, then you should keep it. Also, you can check eBay and get nearly any of these watches cheaper, and if you are on eBay, there are plenty of watches you can look into, watches coming from Germany, Russia, Switzerland, even China. So if you like it, keep it, if you are looking for aesthetics, reputation, and quality, then return it and shop around a bit more.

thanks for the quick review. I guess it's a keeper.
I did find it cheaper on the internet but at least I'm supporting local businesses.

Well honestly, if you are not happy with it, or you are still iffy about it, don't feel bad going back to return it. Ultimately, you will be the one wearing it, I'm assuming, most days, so if you return it, just say you wanted to check out some of the other watches. But if you genuinely like it, then I see no real reason to return it, I wouldn't return something I like just because others don't like it or approve, just make sure it is something you don't mind wearing everyday, nothing is worse than sticking with a purchase that you didn't really want, then regretting it in the future when you find out what it is that you actually want.
Overall it should be a durable watch, but in terms of longevity, it may not be as good as some of the established Japanese watch makers. Either way good luck with what you choose. There are tons of great watches for under $100 USD, don't think they're hard to find, you can find any style you like under that price.

kek

You'd probably be swayed into sharing your wife too.

Nice cop friendo! looks great! :^)

I'm not a cuck and I like the watch, it's just more expensive than I thought my new watch would be.

Then return it, and go online to amazon, get a seiko 5 for under 60 pounds, or a orient, seiko diver for under 125.

There are still tons of options, you can go return it, get all your money back, and spend only 60 of that money you got back on a solid, low priced watch, with same day or two day delivery from Amazon prime.

C U C K
U
C
K

kek top pic

looks great op, not cheap at all

Look my new watch op you faglord!

what was it?