/runway/ - RUNWAY GENERAL

GATTACA CHIC EDITION

Discuss previous or current runway shows as well as other high fashion brands.

>Where can I view runway shows?
Vogue or FirstView has a good collection of runway shows.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=giRPy-BGUqY
youtube.com/watch?v=Axq-XKNtxjE
youtu.be/fqGcWsDbyZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw u will never have a qt lampshade gf

What show are all these from btw OP - are they even all from the same show? I really like the jacket in

its from Hussein Chalayan AW07. GOAT designer that dude

peep the collection of youtube anons. his use of wind is really fucking cool

pt 1: youtube.com/watch?v=giRPy-BGUqY
pt 2: youtube.com/watch?v=Axq-XKNtxjE

The recurring use of the latex leggings is really cool, juxtaposes the flowing natural looking fabrics so well

Following these two threads peeked my interest in the economics behind runway fashion. Who inks the black for these?

If by inking the black you're talking about the money aspect of runway then the rough price is about 200k USD per show (including all model wages, the venue, advertising, etc, etc.). However, this is for a show during NY fashion week or equivalent, a smaller designer would not be needing to pay nearly that much.
Though I'm not entirely certain on specifics I'd think that most designer's usually will be paying out of pocket or out of their label's pocket. Remember that these are companies and runway shows are essentially glorified advertising, it runs exactly like a corporation and shows are just one of many expenses that would be handled by investors and what not

like what said its mostly the designers own money. most medium range designers make a 1-3 million usd per year (rough estimate) but runway costs and other overheads take a large chunk of that per year.

larger designers have diffusion labels which serve as cash grabs to fund their other pursuits. see cdg play, y3, dkny, etc.

Love those cuts and fabrics.

hey lads, good to be back
here's cottweiler

I watched Alber Elbaz's Vogue Voices interview and shed a tear.

Now I'm watching this old YSL show he did in 97. It has an interview in Japanese with kanji subtitles for that extra A E S T H E T I C vibe.

Forgotten link to aforementioned video:
youtu.be/fqGcWsDbyZQ

That answers my question. I couldn't create some method for whoever owns the space to make money without losing the aesthetics of the place to ads. So I had to assume designers pay for it, and either use cash grab kmart brands to make money or from some other source. I love the struggle of negotiating the role of business in art.

collaborations also tend to do well for designers. my family runs a rather small fashion house that makes dresses (usually bridal stuff) and our collaboration with a shoe retailer as well as a spanish painter turned out to be extremely profitable

Can you tell something more about the collaboration? Why did they do it? What did they make? What was the theme? Do you have some pictures to show?

Spring 2017 Menswear
Ovadia & Sons

is he still around today

its just a basic collab where shoes were designed and the name was slapped on. for the painting one, the painter painted over fabrics then we made dresses out of it. the whole thing was accompanied by him doing a live painting

yup. check vogue for his latest shit

god damn this is nice

looks very chill
not groundbreaking runway stuff, though

>actual thread about fashion
>on Veeky Forums
c'mon m8 what were you thinking

ayyy

cdgh+ ss05

post some collections you faggots

cdgh+ aw06