Veeky Forums depression thread

depression/mental illness thread for all of us who want to look good but never leave the house

safe space to talk about feels w/out judgement

post inspo to keep it fashion related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f65P0QpP2zU
mega.nz/#F!51Q0waSI!4Ut-eePQr9YSjHJJTQs7Ew!F5ZV0TSR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw shit nose
>tfw big forehead
At least I can hide the later.

I'm bit uneasey about my height, standing 5'11.

I'm a poorfag and have fucked up most of the opportunities that could elevate me from my situation, but at least I am young.

It's so-so.

5'11" is tall man, dont let manlet memes get you down there built on other peoples insecurities.

Learn from your mistakes and hopefully you can rake in dough that youll immediately use to impulse buy the Veeky Forums meme of the week, its the proper way to live your life

I know, I know, it's nothing that intense as a full on insecurity, but it feels pretty average at times. I guess everyone wishes to be bit taller than they are.

I wish I could afford the Veeky Forums meme of the week. But hey, I am getting my life back on the track as we speak.

That's a great fit.

>mild clinical depression
>lost most of my friends a few years ago
>haven't really met anyone since
>manlet standing at 5'8
>underweight, most girls (even skinny ones) weight more than me
>nigger lips
>dumbo ears
>keep buying clothes to at least get some joy once in a while when a new parcel arrives

I buy a shit ton of clothes but none fit and they all look like shit, something I never notice until a few days after buying. I feel like I have a good sense of fashion but I can't apply it on myself

my friend from high school died yesterday
i have to keep functioning
i'm in a new relationship and i'm scared this is pushing bf away from me

i am so fucking numb. i slept 12 hours and my voice is raw from screaming

anyone on zoloft/other med? got an appointment on tuesday, hopefully theyll put me on something

What are they for?

Only meds I've been on were some anti-anxiety pills that I used in my early teens, but I can't remember their brand name.

>no job
>no money

The days are just blurring. I just got up at 4pm.

Starting a relationship with a girl who is ideal in every way except for the fact that she as kid.
Fuck me. It could be worse, at least she was with her boyfriend for years and then he died in an accident.
That's better than the roastie meme, right, boys?
Boys?

How is raising the wife's son going?

I don't want to be Carl the KEK but this girl is too good to pass up.
And I've already heard the wife's son joke from all my friends.
>tfw no traditional nuclear family

I feel like no matter what I do, none of my fits will really pan out because of my low-test hour glass body.It has become a source of insecurity over the last few months and I don't have the time to go to the gym, nor the funds to eat healthier. Would starve myself, but I need all the energy I can muster for my physically demanding job. It sucks having the body of a 60 yr old when you're not even 20 man...

I fell in love with a girl. She wants to be friends for now and says shit like I'm the only person she thinks she can see herself seriously being with in the future but she says she doesn't love me right now and she's always telling me about other guys she wants to fuck. I have developed severe insecurity over this shit. Be honest am I ugly or something what the fuck is wrong with me that I'm incapable of being loved ?

>She wants to be friends for now and says shit like I'm the only person she thinks she can see herself seriously being with in the future but she says she doesn't love me right now and she's always telling me about other guys she wants to fuck
She wants you to be her little cuckold toy.

what kills my confidence is hearing ew what the fuck or stuff like that from teenage girls who i´ve never seen anywhere. even if it wasnt related to my clothing i still think it is and have to pick something else up to feel secure about going out more.

PS. i dont wanna date a girl that is swearing a lot in public, they´re probably not happy with life or anyone.

I also can't post a picture properly think I should just an hero.

>5'7
>narrow shoulders
>wide hips
>24 years old but girls always say I look like a boy because of my body

Should I just cut her off ?

shes a cunt and you should move on

>buy a shit ton of clothes but none fit and they all look like shit, something I never notice until a few days after buying.
this this this.
How do I prevent this? This is terrible, it affects like half of the clothes in my wardrobe.

I've got anxiety and was told I had "low mood" but I feel like it's past that now. I either feel completely empty or just plain sad and irritable unless I drink and try to ignore it. I lack a lot of confidence as well. There's this chick who I know wants to bang, but I'm just a bitch about dropping her a text and making it happen.

Also I've got a pretty big nose and slightly larger forehead, and look awful in profile. I also have an ugly smile but at least I don't have to force it so much.

At least I have some quality inspo saved. Also a quick question - What do you guys think of pinrolling?

>short
>big nose
>very skinny (male)
>face covered in acne spots and acne
>0 social life
>0 money
>live with my parents
does it get any worse than that

She's just using you for attention/validation so yes. You deserve someone who adores you as much as you adore them

probably yes
unless you would like to be her "gay friend"
(i wouldn't mind desu)

I was exactly in your situation for about 2-3 years.
You should tell her that you don't want to play games anymore and cut her out of your life.

You'll regret it if you keep being around her but you'll also regret it if you cut her out of your life without setting the record straight.

How did you deal with the feeling of missing talking to her and being around her. She has actually become a large part of my life at this point and I feel like we're extremely emotally close but any time we get too physical she tells me to wait. She'll easily fuck some random attractive fuccboi thought and claim it's because she's got no feeling for them. I just feel like it's because I'm ugly.

you'll eventually get over it. Though it will be very hard for the first few months and you'll think about her even a few years later.

You aren't ugly, you're just average. The hairstyle also doesn't suit you.

(not the person you replied to) in my case it'll just have to hurt for a bit, it's like pulling off a band aid, the sooner the better, good luck.

Obviously, she's just keeping you around for attention and knows exactly what she's doing

She's a cunt and you deserve better

depends on how old you are

Why does everyone I know that goes on Veeky Forums have mental issues or depression?

Nah dude, you look good. She's just a bitch and you should distance yourself from that crazy ass asap

i just wanna die

don't

>she was with her boyfriend for years and then he died in an accident
it's not like she left him because of some reason. go for it user

>she's always telling me about other guys she wants to fuck
leave her don't be a beta cuck

who else would come here

cut her off. meet other girls, theyll be able to fill the void

I don't know what to do with myself. NEETing isnt an option and, in my third year of STEM, most of the papers of which I've failed, the only subjects that interest me are in the Arts faculty some of which I've taken and enjoyed alot.

Most people on this board pretend to because being sad or 'depressed' is a trend at the moment.

POKEMON GO THE FUCK OUTSIDE

Yah, I agree with you on people pretending to be sad just to be trendy. I have a couple Steam Friends who goes on Veeky Forums, and they randomly get sad and lash out at me for no reason. It only happens with these Veeky Forumsggots. The people who don't go on Veeky Forums in my friends list (which is 90 percent of my friends list) do not act like this.

Paranoid, scared of future, not trustful in people, anxious, feeling some days ok, and some days Im so depressed that everything I think is that I should better kill myself, for over 3 years, and Im just 16 yo. I dont really have any friends. I think that Im the worst piece of shit that has been walking on this planet, all my classmates have hobbies, interests, talents and Im just sitting alone all days in my room, occasionaly playing video games and shit. I had to tell someone, thanks everyone for reading

depression core

>me and sister taking care of the family
>recently shes been let go
>have about three months to figure out what to do
its been a weird feeling for some reason im relived but it hits me, all that ive been doing is listening to oldschool arabic music doe
youtube.com/watch?v=f65P0QpP2zU

>gf committed suicide
>I was blamed for it
>become depressed
>became recluse
>didn't talk to anyone for a year or so
>like really not talking at all even basic conversation it crippled me to the point I become a stutter
>fucked up my study
>lied to parents I finished my studies
>attempted suicide, had a gun to my head and idk why I didn't pull the trigger I just cried instead
>small circle of friends, I never told them about all this
>don't even know what keeps me going
Eight years later and I'm posting this on Veeky Forums.

>diagnosed with cancer
you fags, don't know shit

fucking hell man
which type if you dont mind me asking?
how did your family react??

stop buying online.

>1.75m
>5kg overweight
>big forehead
>weak chin

a-at least i have money

It gets better user

Same.

>struggle w impulse control
>too unstable to work
>slowly blowing all my life savings on fashion
>whythis.jpg

yall need Tony Robbins

Stage I skin cancer.
My family is not around me, and i do not have enough money to get the surgery, but i think i'll call my mom and tell her one of these days.

I want to believe.

>but i think i'll call my mom and tell her one of these days.
Call her now.

what is your anxiety about, i've had anxiety for a year after a panic attack while high and now my anxiety is about anxiety if that makes sense. like a fear of the fear. it's really to got me down, i used to be so happy

bruh
S E E A T H E R A P I S T
youre 16 so u might get b& but please see one, it's a start and in the long run it'll help massively. you'll be okay just remember, you got a whole life to live

Don't we all.

be honest with yourself man, think of all the negatives that could come with it and make a serious decision before you get too deep.

i did the same and its been cool but my life before these two was empty and shit. i love having people who love me and a little homie to chill with and although it would be hard for me and the child if the relationship ended it is less scary to me than having my own kid. Prepare to be judged by her family and friends if you are a little different, i have had to fight a few battles but i don't back down, i love this kid and he could do a lot worse than me and if they want proof all they need to see is the boys happiness.

Citalopram here. Been on/off meds for a year and only just started taking it seriously. Whilst I'm still majority bummed out and experience existential boredom everyday the meds have almost eliminated the worst of the depression (the moments where I'd have to lie down and try and bring myself back into the world). I think I need therapy to move forward from here otherwise I'll waste away

twink it up

dude just cut it off with like a boxcutter or some shit my nigu

I'm only 21 and I can feel the alcoholism coming

the first and only time I've had sex was two weeks before my 20th birthday. It was with someone I've known my whole life but pretty much only hung out with out of pity for years. She initiated everything, didn't do anything without permission, but I was drunk as fuck. I don't feel or claim to be raped but I don't feel like it was consensual either. Something in between.

Friends and random strangers alike tell me I'm really good looking and need to model but most days I can't even look in the mirror because I become uncontrollably obsessed with every flaw on my face and body.

Got a girlfriend for the first time in two years but I'm still hung up on my first love who I still have kinda frequent dreams about despite not following or creeping on any of her social media or even thinking of her throughout the course of a normal day. Every time I get her out of my system I eventually have a dream that she comes back into my life and we have a magical time together and I feel like everything is okay. Then I wake up and want to kill myself.

My dad fucked my mom in front of me when I was 9 or 10 years old. I've never told anyone. He knew I was in the room but she didn't. I have no fucking idea what to do about this.

Managed to quit cigarettes and pull myself out of a downward spiral of being drunk and high every day. but I'm still upset. I guess I forgot that I hated my life even before I started drug use. At least it's a step in the right direction. I think after I start hitting the gym again I'll be good. Running and lifting make me feel really good about myself so at least I have that.

>chronic oneitis

out of interest, what do you wear?

I know how to dress but I have no money

>I don't feel or claim to be raped but I don't feel like it was consensual either.
Because you gave her permission but regret it? Sometimes sex is awkward and bad, especially if you have it with people you aren't super into. Take it as a lesson about not fucking people while drunk and move on. I have had numerous experiences like this and I'm not claiming I was raped on the Internet.

>Friends and random strangers alike tell me I'm really good looking and need to model but most days I can't even look in the mirror because I become uncontrollably obsessed with every flaw on my face and body.
This is called arrogance and you should get rid of this attitude. Modeling is a joke of a job, there are plenty of pretty people out there. Be useful, not pretty. People tell me I'm attractive a lot and I genuinely look like a cave troll, so you're probably also blowing others' comments out of proportion.

>frequent dreams about exes
Exes are like video games from your childhood: you generally remember them fondly and don't remember the bullshit. Case in point, I'd never go back to play FF6 again because, despite the amazing experience, the grind sucks and the game's pretty slow. Grow the fuck up and live in the present - you're doing your current girlfriend a disservice and looking at a previous relationship with rose-tinted glasses.

(Also, fuck your current girlfriend, seriously. How is she your goddamn girlfriend without having your dick in her at least once? What the hell?)

>I have no fucking idea what to do about this.
Absolutely nothing because it's not a traumatic experience, just a weird thing that happened. Also keep in mind childhood memories are absolutely and utterly unreliable and you're almost certainly remembering details that did not happen.

>Running and lifting make me feel really good about myself so at least I have that.
This is the best thing you've said so far. Now go fuck your girlfriend before someone else does, for fuck's sake.

Relax baby. It's gonna be fine.

been on lexapro for a while now. don't really like it tho. still feel pretty gray/empty. just vaguely more functional.

she's gotta work thru commitment issues but she fears losing your attention. don't let her string you along tho

who here /hateworking/?
i hate my job. i hate my coworkers. everyday in the office is torture. and i feel im not cut out for this 9 to 5 corporate shit.
i used to be a NEET and i actually miss my NEET days even when i was depressed af. i am emotionally stabler now but i'm highly unsatisfied with the working lifestyle. i think about quitting everyday but i like the money. im in my late 20s and i still feel like a child.

>19
>never had a gf
>never gone past 3rd base
>baby face
>big forehead

fucc

>thicc nose
>nigger lips
>big forehead
>never kissed a girl before

just kill me 2bqh familia

1. exactly like I said not claiming I was raped it's just something that I never wanted to do sober and would not have done drunk unless she suggested, I told her I didn't think I wanted to but then she said all this shit convincing me it would be a good idea that, in my drunk state, I believed. have turned down drunk sex plenty of times before because I know it was a bad idea. something she said I guess. idk

2. I don't want it to be my job. I don't have the right body type for high fashion anyway. I want to be a teacher or musician or both. doing it on the side would be nice.

3. shes the first and only girl I've actually "loved" and she broke up with me because of some dumb shit I did I guess that's why I'm hung up on it. there's not really anything about her that changed that made me like her less. it's not something I choose to dwell on and I do everything in my power to avoid dwelling on it. maybe I phrased this part wrong. the dreams come before the feelings as in I have the dreams and they're super vivid and seeing as I didn't really have any issues with her or her personality it's like "well dream, you're right, it was pretty cool, can't deny that" and it makes me think about it. maybe it makes more sense.

haven't fucked my girlfriend yet because I'm the first guy she's ever been with and we've only been dating ~3 weeks.

4. okay, I'll be the judge of that, man. I remember it clear as day and I remember being fucked up about it when I was a teenager and posting about it anonymously on a different website. you're telling me if your dad walked into a room when you were a kid, saw you in there, and then proceeded to undress and fuck your mom and have you see it you wouldn't be shook at all?

I'm torn on the commentary n advice u give ppl because a lot of it is good and wholesome but also a lot of it is shitty non-advice that assumes the other person is a fucking retard. ur older and more in control than me. good 4 u.

you're definitely not ugly and you def don't need someone like that in your life, get outta there because if you don't she'll leave one day and you'll realize how much of your life you wasted.

I won't get much more into the weeds here because it'd become a bit ridiculous, but:

Pretty much every response you have externalizes responsibility onto others (and, in turn, removes agency from yourself). Dreams "come," a job would "be nice," a girl "convinc[ed]" you into sex, your dad "shook" you by fucking your mom in the room (without you leaving...), etc. It's a common trait in our narcissistic generation: a sort of "the world operates upon me" mentality that gives you license to protect your ego while justifying inaction or ineptitude. You need to get your dick out of your own mouth and stop dwelling on things from the past that you've given more notoriety than they deserve. Even assuming they are/were horrible experiences, you make them worse by not putting them behind you. As you get older, life is going to get a lot more serious and a lot more difficult, and you need to harden the fuck up before it eats you alive.

In other words, you may not be a fucking retard, but you're certainly behaving like one. Man up.

>mfw I'm uglier than all of you and I still somehow get laid on a semi-regular basis

been on Veeky Forums since 2009

went through the whole dadcore phase, goth ninja, palewave, and comfycore shit

after the last 2 years I just don't really give a fuck anymore. Maybe it was because I was younger, 19-22 year old that was in college trying to find my groove.

I still appreciate fashion and design a lot but I really couldn't care less anymore about what the fashion machine spits out. I know what I like and I wear it, whether it be dadcore, gothninja, palewave, or comfy shit.

you actually look rly good tbQh

it was traumatic, I was frozen. I have uncontrollable flashbacks about it at work, school, etc. and the unanswered question of why he did it in the back of my mind. refute that if you will but I don't feel the need to explain myself any further as far as that goes or have a stranger on the internet tell me how to feel about it. I have no ego to protect. When I catch myself starting to wallow in self pity I take a brief time to vent and reflect and then I get up and do something productive. Doesn't mean feelings and events don't still hold a spot in my memory that my mind revisits at times when it wanders. I admit to not having full control of my mind; I constantly have to fight against it. Having control is something that will only come with time and practice. And having those dreams really isn't completely up to me. I've been keeping a dream journal which is apparently the first step in having better control of dreams so there's that. I've already researched and/or taken action towards solving my problems. I really didn't come here asking for advice, just to vent and say how I feel. and once again you've given me more shitty non advice and stated things that I already know lol.

Technically a NEET my gf works while I make some cash doing odd jobs and whatever. I feel like I'm just a shitty mooch but I love my gf and she loves me. We're happy together but I can't shake off that stigma of a loser bf that does nothing all day. I eat less and less every day and try to cut down on all consumption so I do feel like a burden. I dress up and shower every day to feel like I matter but in between semesters at college I just feel like a fucking loser doing nothing with his life. I never leave the house and when I do its just so my gf and I can buy groceries for dinner. I can feel myself sinking but I can't do anything to stop it.
>I keep telling myself it will all get better soon.
>When?

Hey guys, I'm going to tell you my day. I'm sorry for my broken english.
I'm a 20 years old living alone in a big city. Yesterday I came home, to visit my family in a smaller city that is not that far away. My father wasn't home, he was away with his friend. This day started normal, I cooked for my mother, she loved it. It was 6pm when she sat me down and told me what was going on. My father had fucked some girl in a buisness trip and she had evidence. I knew from a couple of years ago that he had always been a cheater but this time she had evidence. Long story short, she send his ass to an hotel, I had to speak with each one of them privatly and confort them. Later I had to confort my older sister that couldn't even believe it.

That's how today I had to be the big guy, even tho I'm the youngest of them all. I don't know, I just want to go back to my life and forget about this. Whats going to happen' to my mother? I don't know. My father? Neither, but it's his fault so it's not my problem.

in closing I understand that you're trying to help and I appreciate it but I didn't ask for help. I already know what I need to do for most of this and I'm working on it. but its hard to make big life changes overnight. completely natural to be frustrated with rate of progress and then move on. such is life.

could be slightly worse
>19
>never a gf
>only kissed a girl before
>dreary eyes, shit hair
>shit fits because of wide hips

You guys made me fuck up I want her back now so badly ! Why did I ever listen to u fucks she was the best thing that ever happened to me she made me want to be better and now what the fuck am I supposed to do ? I don't have any other real friends I have no one else to talk to I still feel ugly and now I'm alone. Why did I ever come here for real advice you fucks can't even give good fashion advice .

all normies with gfs get the fuck out of this thread u normie scum posers go throw a footballa round with your dads you normie fu cks jock chad fucks GET OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You guys ever get the feeling of disconnection from other people? I was at the beach playing Pokemon Go with a friend and a couple of her friends that I didn't know and while we were walking, they were cracking jokes that didn't match with my sense of humor and just talking about things that I had little knowledge/interest on such as music that I wasn't familiar with and popular movies that mostly everyone but me has watched.

What really got me a little choked up was when one of the guys I didn't know just said "Hey user, you're really introverted huh? You've barely said a word."

Took me a few seconds to just say I was busy catching Pokemon and I didn't have anything meaningful to contribute to the conversation, but damn. The way he said it and the way everyone had their eyes on me got me feeling a bit messed up. I guess I'm just a weirdo that needs to expand outside my niche interests and get better at socializing. Feels weird man.

normie fuck go play football with your friends and nintendo you're a normie fucker

mega.nz/#F!51Q0waSI!4Ut-eePQr9YSjHJJTQs7Ew!F5ZV0TSR
download and read some of these

Just say that you don't feel like talking and leave if you find the situation uncomfortable. I understand what you mean though when someone makes a joke or similar and it's just not funny and they expect you to laugh at it.

>tfw you once got with a 10/10 and she ruined all inferior women for you

do some molly and get in touch with your pathetic soul bro

She taught me to appreciate people and it's ok to be friends with someone you love for awhile first like what's you guys obsession with being cuckolds I just fucked up what was something I enjoyed more than most things in my life because of pride and now I can't get her back.

this. I dated a 10/10 now I can't date. One night stands are starting to hurt my soul.

wtf are you me?

>The way he said it and the way everyone had their eyes on me got me feeling a bit messed up.

I know that feel user.

When I was a high school freshman, we were obligated to remain within campus during lunch, but seeing that I had no friends and I'd do anything to not fall into the "loner who awkwardly walks around by his fucking self for 45 minutes" category, I would sneak out to the prohibited areas. These areas were usually near the exits, so the only time other kids were there was when they were planning on ditching school.

These two girls came once, and they asked me how to leave the school grounds without being caught. I knew the layout, so I explained the details, and right before they left, one of them turned and asked "So you're all alone here every day?"

I said "Yeah." and, before leaving, all that she said was "aw".

That aw left a terrible taste of pity in my mouth. It made me realize the position I was in. It made me realize how alone I was at that age. That punched-in-the-stomach feeling really had an impression on me that day.