What is the most important 50-year gap in human history?

What is the most important 50-year gap in human history?

I'd say 1913-1963

Gotta be 1919 to 1969

1941-1991

what about world war one?
I guess you fit the treaty of versailles in there

1798-1848

1966-2016

I had to squeeze the moon landing in there. That was epic.

That's a timespan not a gap. A gap implies lack of knowledge of that period.

Define "gap"

cool != important

>le moon maymay xDDD

Fatmaster pls go and stay go

>t. buttflustered ivan who is mad his country never got there

>implying the moon landing won't be considered the most important 20th century event by 25th century scholars

Would you look out of your tiny, dark box of ideology for one second, bro?

t. Marxist

cool != important

devil confirmed anti-american

People forget how important the moon mission was. Looking it seems like a mile stone in the space race and a stepping stone in space exploration but to society it was a huge deal. The fact that people were walking on other surfaces changed the way people thought about everything. This isn't even to mention all of the technological advances brought about by the Space Race

By "gap" did you mean "period of time"?

This tbqh. Liberals BTFO

How capitalistic and imperalistic competition leads to the best inventions made by mankind, evuur.. incredible

Can you explain what you mean when you call it capitalistic? It was done through public funding of NASA, a government organization

He's just butthurt the commies lost like they always do.

Add to that, it wouldn't have happened, if not for the space race against the "commies".

(Who, aside from landing on the moon, won that race in just about every goal post of that race.)

Same to the internet. Never woulda happened if not for the cold war against the USSR and the nuclear threat it represented.

How anout you just answer the damn question if you knew what i meant

>opinion

"important" is subjective

The USSR didn't really "win" much of the space race. They did a lot of grandstanding but very few of their "firsts" were remarkable except for being first. Which is not really the point of doing something first, you try to do something well. But if you accomplish something nobody's ever done before... and then everyone else does it better a couple months later, what did you really accomplish?

That's not to say the Soviets didn't do some actually impressive things. Like getting photos of the far side of the moon, the US couldn't replicate that until almost 4 years later. But so much of the Soviet's firsts were marred by half assed shortcuts, failures, and setbacks I can't really consider them in the lead in really anything post 1965. The Sputnik was the first manmade satellite in space. It was also the first satellite to prematurely crash back to Earth's surface. The US satellite that followed a few months later can be credited as the first satellite that actually did something, specifically detecting the Van Allen Radiation Belt and sending back data received. And it stayed in orbit until 1970, 19 years later whereas Sputnik survived a brief 3 months before literally being burnt up entirely during reentry.

That's not to say that putting a man made object into low orbit was by any means a minor undertaking, but I feel like the Space Race is vastly oversimplified by saying only first counts or something. What was important was not being first at something, but at being able to accomplish something significant first. And, to sound a bit sexist, sending the first woman into space is not really very significant, and just an obvious grab at propaganda.

Define important

1848-1898 is a good contender

Revolutions that started in 1848 that affected over 50 countries. The formation of Germany, which means the formation of the modern political landscape. The height of the Victorian Era, and the British Empire. Lots of classical literature being written at this time. Lots of science -- automobiles, industry, trains, flying machines. The cultural landscape that exist today was being formed. The beginnings of America as the world's leading nation

Yeah, 1848-1898 is probably the most important

Shout out to 1492-1542

Forgot to mention Darwin and the birth of modern physics and chemistry during this time

This

2016-2066