When will the meme of progress aka linear direction of history finally be abandoned ?

When will the meme of progress aka linear direction of history finally be abandoned ?

When humanity stops progressing

When humanity is discarded by the technology they worship.

But humanity has objectively been stagnating for a while now.

>humanity has objectively been stagnating for a while
In what areas?

>tfw millenial
>you were born too late to explore the world
>you were born too late to be racist and get away with it
>you were born too early to explore space
>you were born just in time to be wiped out by killer robots/grey goo

>technological wonderland that would be considered impossible science fiction a generation ago
>stagnant

When we get religious people/marxists/STEMlords out of historical discourse.

>technological wonderland
>no flying cars or sexbots
just fuck off

You DO realize modern (western) civilization is built upon the use of cheap fuel and that everything will fall when we don't have any left ?

>implying we won't be dependent on renewable resources before fossil fuels become completely depleted

>you were born too late to explore the world

Ever heard of Ryanair? 30 bucks and you'll get to explore the coast of Spain and Spanish vagina's

>implying we even have enough raw materials to built enough wind turbines to maintain our current energy output

and solar power and hydro power and nuclear power
also we have like ~100 years to prepare

when the roman empire fal- oh wait

Dude, we have more then enough coal left to liquefy and turn into petroleum and that will last us until we have a replacement for fossil fuels.

Be more afraid of climate change.

> renewable resources
You can't just get energy out of nothing, there is this little thing called law of conservation of energy. "Renewable" energy isn't some free energy laying around, by building turbines and solar panels you take that energy out of circulation.

Nigger even rich countries don't have the money to maintain safely operating nuclear reactors anymore, in France the park of nuclear power plants, while it is the largest in the world, uses reactors that are 20 years past their expiration date.

>Be more afraid of climate change.

Trust me, I'm already afraid of it.

climate change is fake and gay

e = mc^2 you fucking retards.

There's so much fucking energy in the mass around us that we can keep going for a gazillion years.

But being "STEMfags plz go" idiots, I bet you don't even know what e = mc^2 really means.

That's a joke. If we took just a fraction of the money the EU spends every year on subsidising (french) farmers, we could run dozens of plants. Or just stop wasting money on wind turbines.

Why? Can time go backwards? Can we fork out into parallel universes?

How can you even be so possessed by a mere meme ?

>There's so much fucking energy in the mass around us that we can keep going for a gazillion years.

You need something to extract that energy though and we simply don't have enough materials to built the infracture allowing us to harvest the energy to keep going at the same output.

This post is just wrong.

Point me which part is wrong specifically ?

You're just some eco-defeatist that wants everyone to live in trees drinking their own piss

If you have a rebuttal based on facts feel free to express it instead of having an emotional reaction please.

Why be afraid of climate change ? Unless you live in Bangladesh or Mali, it won't hurt you.

The migrant Bangladeshi and malians might, but that's another issue.

Even the more optimist models based on optimistic emission scenarios would mean dire impacts on the developped world tho

He's talking about extracting energy from mass, so nuclear reactions, and for sure we have the materials needed to build more nuclear reactors and feed them for centuries. Then fusion reactors will have the time to be perfected.

Such as ?
+2 or 3 degrees in Europe won't make it a desert.

I stand corrected. Though nuclear reactors are still not an optimal solution since the production chain involved releasing CO2 through construction, infrastructures and extraction of the fissile materials

Go explore the deep sea. It's still unmapped.
Bring a flashlight.

2 degrees would trigger feedbacks meaning more warning though and so on and so on.

>tfw i drown if sea levels rise
If the UK really believed climate change was real, they'd nuke China and India, the coal power plant building cuntlickers

I daydream arrr day about nuking the rest of the world my man

>tfw my country only has a few nukes left launched by subs

>No flying cars and sexbots. Have you been living under a rock?

When every last frogposter is exterminated from the face of the planet.

>appeals to time/progress
>literally uses fallacy he says should be ended
I can't figure out if it's intentional or not

>I stand corrected. Though nuclear reactors are still not an optimal solution since the production chain involved releasing CO2 through construction, infrastructures and extraction of the fissile materials
Still lower than wind and solar when you considering their construction, infrastructure and extraction of rare earth metals.

No but it's already killing wildlife you dumb porchmonkey.