Was there a culture in history that was accepting of the bride not being a virgin...

Was there a culture in history that was accepting of the bride not being a virgin? Obviously I don't mean widows of divorced women, but a first time bride having had open sexual relationships with other men before her husband, and the community being a-ok with it.

Also this is a legit history thread, not an /r9k/-related thing at all, so don't you dare delete this, mod. And if you don't listen - well, to hell with you!

Yeah, virginity wasn't a concern in a lot of non-western societies. Egyptian culture never placed any value on female sexual purity, and the same is generally true of most Polynesian and North American peoples.

In Japan, sexual modesty was important but defined through behavior rather than sexual history. Being a rape victim was less dirty than being sexually forward with one's own husband.

Non-europeans are cucks

So you're telling me Native American women could openly have sexual relationships and then marry someone else with the whole tribe knowing about it?

>Being a rape victim was less dirty than being sexually forward with one's own husband.
This isn't like my japanese comics

>"Native America"
Unless you're talking about a specific tribe/Confederation then it's utterly meaningless.

They arr rook the same

Trobriand islanders start fucking at like 8/9 and can fuck whoever the want. Eating together is taboo though, and the first meal together marks the consummation of marriage

A lot of them simply did not have our notions of sexual purity. Cherokee and Cheyenne women could be complete whites until their marriage and it wasn't a big deal. Men obviously could be the same.

The vast majority of American cultures staunchly opposed one spouse cheating on the other, but the Crow people and most Inuit groups did not share these qualms about adultery. For many Inuits, sex with your host's wife was an expected custom when staying in another village.

One Amazonian group (maybe the Pirahã?) believed that paternity had to be matrimonial. While married couples were allowed to have sex with other people, children were always believed to be fathered by the woman's husband.

>whole tribe

That's like 50,000 people. But the village or clan would know.

Among the slavic peoples if a girl was a virgin it was though something was wrong with her. Nothing scarred the slavic consciousness more than an asexual wife.

Our ideas of virginity are derived from Jewish and Germanic notions of feminine purity, which survived in Europe throughout the advent of Christianity and Reformation.

slavs threat their women like trash, like seriously, their women are like fucking men if not theyre cumdumpsters

Rural medieval Europe. Not sure where I saw it but I heard like a third of all brides were already pregnant when they stood before the altar (if they had a church service that is).

Marco Polo mentioned a tribe on the silk route that gave their girls to passerbyes and merchants so they could get sexual experience before marriage (and possibly lure horny merchants into the area)

men who didn't care about their bride beeing virgin got cucked and didnt pass on their genes.

for noble romans it was preferential to have a wife who already had surviving kids as a proof of fertility

Yeah, archaic europeans before the hyperboreans descended on them.
They're just too dang stupid to understand the implication.

Many Native American tribes throughout the early colonial period were matriarchal. Most of the tribes during the time thought that women were divine. They held a women's sexual prowess in high regard. Not to mention most spiritual leaders were women. By having the spiritual leaders as women and a matriarchal system it is easy to understand why sexual purity, in the traditional Christian, patriarchal ideology, was not an issue with a majority of tribes.

Source: "Through Women's Eyes" -Ellen Carol Dubois

Thank you for that quality contribution.

No, that's EXACTLY like your Japanese comics.

>Shitty grammar
>Poor logic
Looks like we got a turkroach infestation

There were some small tribes.

But I can't think of a successful society that didn't.

I don't know about Egypt.

But I call bullshit on Japan. Female virginity was very important in Japan. Having sex outside the marriage was considered a symptom of low self control.

>japan always had the same mores
Pre-Tokugawa Japan was very sexually free, post-, less so.

I doubt it. Every time someone says there was one it turns out to be bullshit.

The only situations of this throughout history are when are previously prosperous society degenerated and was on the verge of collapse or prostitutes who are mistake for the norm.

It depends on class. Noble girls were expected to remain virgins until they were married off, of course high-ranking samurai wouldn't tolerate marrying a non-virgin.

However some peasant villages would basically all share each other's wives on different nights during the Tokugawa era. Nothing to do but that and farm so...

Nowadays Japanese are by far the sluttiest asians, but they're low key about it compared to westerners. Just what I've observed having lived there, in Taiwan, and in Korea.

No.

But history is being rewritten as we speak by liberals, feminists, and the sjw to say that the women of the past were very promiscuous and thar all men wanted to put rings on women who rode the cock carousel, especially if they were fat and said they didn't need no man.

Don't believe their lies.

thats exactly like my japanese comics

Question.

All of these cultures that didn't value female purity have one other thing in common: failure, why is this so? Why were they all annihilated or enslaved by cultures valuing female purity?

but were they preggers with another mans child, or the grooms?

Certain tribes didn't really have a family unit like we do and actually had a matiarchy where you where the mother and your uncles were the ones more important raising you than your father.

Because one of the cultures valuing female purity also benefited from inheriting the legacy of Greece.

History is not going to validate you being a cuck

Well, since they didn't have paternity testing, it was obviously the groom's child unless it obviously wasn't. The overwhelming likelihood of it is that it belonged to the groom, because since peasants don't have much in the way of property, there's fewer reasons not marry the man she loved.

No wonder god killed most of them off with smallpox, they were so very sinful.

Same reason communism doesn't work. If you don't benefit from something then you won't do it. If your "son" is actually the son of Creeps-Through-Windows that lives next door, then you don't actually get anything out of it and you won't work as hard to raise him.

it wasnt about virginity
it was the fact once female grew into age they were supposed to marry
and that usually meant they were virgins since nobody wanted to marry the village whore, ppl still dont want to marry that person btw

girl getting fucked by the handsome peasant guy in the barn still happened, but it wasnt something to be proud of

>But history is being rewritten as we speak by liberals, feminists, and the sjw to say that the women of the past were very promiscuous and thar all men wanted to put rings on women who rode the cock carousel
While i frown upon "muh sjw boogeyman", i wanna punch a wall when i hear ignorant glods talk about how sex in the past.
"Omg, like greeks and romans were so gay and LGBT-friendly"(more like prison sex), "muh villages in Albania were they have third genders and shit"(more like women taking up a man's mantle for various social reasons), "muh polynesian village where men eat cum and are really sexual liberal"(what do you think happens when you believe sex with women literally shortens your life?), and that abomination where "look, an ape species that split off from chimps a million years before man existed uses sex to bond means our caveman ancestors were all promiscuous, orgy-having, sloppy-second loving(which is obivously how we got our penis shapes) hippie cuckolds where everyone had sex all the time, before the evil patriarchy took root".

As a Japanese, I can support this. Virginity was never esteemed until Christianity introduced. Some Portuguese missionary lamented in 16th century that Japanese women can walk alone in the city and think nothing of having sex before marriage.

>if you don't listen well, to hell with you

I love that movie.
But to answer your question I don't know I don't think anyone was ok with having a slutty wife.

>western societies pure

Someone hasn't read any middle age history then. Whores everywhere, primae noctis, incest. It's all there man.