Trendspotting General

What's the next big trends of 2016/2017?

Post your predictions here.

I'll start with the basic/obvious/already started:
>higher waisted on men
>looser pants, skinny jeans are kill
>tucked in tees, shirts, and thinner sweaters
>higher rise shorts on men
>round glasses

skinny jeans are still gonna be in

it's the year of steampunk i can feel it

yup, but they're on their way out. give it 5 years and they're gone, even among mainstream

maybe for the general millennial/flyover populus (who are always a few years late)

the fashionable crowd has been rejecting them in favor of (as op stated) higher waisted, looser joints. for a couple years now.

i had a seizure trying to read this what is it trying to say

Since skinny jeans might be on their way out, what type of jeans would you recommend? And from what brands?

these are literally all already trends where i live (south east england)

as much as I'd like to agree with this I gotta say not even medium-high range fashion brands have caught up (talking about brands in the Acne, Ami, etc price range).

I've tried on basically all the trousers from the brand in that range and none of them sit very high or loose on the waist.

Didn't people think that skinny jeans were on their way out when the athleisure aesthetic and the jogger trend blew up? Now look where that is.

the levi's, the lee's, the wranglers, vintage preferably. the future is channeling the past, and has been for a while.

this is a reaction to and rejection of new millennium pop culture. whatever path we were on then is being swiftly abandoned.

Honestly i dont feel like major trends will change for at least another 2 years

Where can I find some good high wasted skinny jeans?

They don't really exist on the mainstream market for men yet. Something I keep telling everyone to do is get a pair of 505s or 501s and have them tailored to be more form-fitting. Best option would be to thrift some or find a cheaper brand with straight or regular jeans.

the women's section

this fall I'm getting a camo smock and some heavy cords for snowshoeing / hiking

and maybe one expensive vintage ski jacket

we goin full Her mode and I support it

I hate seeing roaming packs of mac demarco slackers in every fucking alley and patio
day and night

this would be a refreshing change lol

Yeah seriously

Skinny pants might be out somewhat soon.

Slim pants however will not be out anytime soon.

these have all been trends in japan for a while now

Dude on the right

left: comfcore/jewelcore thread lurker working in his post-doc
right: scruffy hardcore kid in his first semester of art school channeling his inner Butch with that suede bomber

>tfw just cropped a pair of dickies.

also reebok over adibas(fuccbois jumped on the tubulars and ultraboost quick)

kurt cobain glasses but these are already a meme

honestly I just moved a few months ago and I sorta assumed people on Veeky Forums were joking when they said that there were fuccbois everywhere dressed like they just got off of reddit or tumblr
there are =(

Holy fuck is this a fucking shop.

>pic
well fuck me I am become meme.

luckily these trends haven't caught on much where I live so I can still feel original.

male btw.

Boys I'm calling it now. Wearing flags with your clothing. Not draped on your back like some fucking mongaoloid that's wasted at a football game. Kinda like a scarf I guess.

Skinny jeans a la emo kids have been out for 5 years.

A lot of people assume that the only two choices are skin-tight or JNCO. Looser doesn't mean raver pants

baggie 80s shirts with slick stoner look

Please stay hidden

Skinny jeans still a thing, loose fits will become seen more often though.

More of the same trends we have now really, as far as I see. The internet has hit a stagnant point. We have dissolved the solute of social media and fashion has nowhere else to go.

Lmao jk.

Overcoats, overcoats everywhere.

I feel like overcoats have been a thing for a while now

Also vetements-style oversized fits, everywhere. It's already starting.

>>looser pants, skinny jeans are kill

Not sure about that. In ~The Fashion World™~ we've been seeing it played with for a couple years now and it still hasn't taken off.

I think we'll get away from the diaper pants (tapered lames) and see more very tight, high wasteds on men.

Generally, men's and woman's fashion will converge even more.

A little, not really "trendy" though, just worn by people like me. I don't see them around too often on the streets when it's cold out.

I live in so-cal though so maybe it's just the area.

anoraks

anoraks everywhere

I think Wrangler may do a slim Cowboy Cut.

they do, they're not tapered enough in the calf to be considered skinny though. good jeans regardless.

Is this Can?

dude that's nirvana... lol

A couple of designers have worked on some higher wasted jeans, but I don't see it becoming massively big. I think this is more wishful thinking on your part than an accurate assessment of potential trends.

don't believe me? take a look at what all the alternative kids are wearing right now, on tumblr, instagram, etc. all following suit

i haven't seen this many people wearing them since the 90s

it was the norm before, and it could easily become the norm again

Makeup wise I think color mascara/liner/lipstick will make it's way to the public
alternatively minimal face makeup structured around the skin/base
clothes wise, for women I think skorts will sneak their way back in in a 90's revival
see-through clothes
minimal jewelry

>skorts will sneak their way back in in a 90's revival
I'm down with this
Can you post something like the first one? I get the minimal makeup one but not the first.

>skinny/slim fit jeans on the way out

but the silhouette on looser pants is shit

God I always wanted round glasses. I hope they become a trend because I want to see some decent frames with the fit made.

round glasses are already trendy, you can buy them practically anywhere

I've tried to buy color mascara but makeup brand don't have their hit together yet on that front, at least on mascara that isn't for ginger lashes

I was in lenscrafters getting some lenses for my raybans and they had one round glasses frame. That was it.

same person with shit keyboard, I'm also hoping that eyebrows die down a little bit just because the average bitch isn't pulling off ink black caterpillars

google "round prescription glasses". you'll be delighted.

I like to try them on first. Buying shit like that blind online has led me to some mistakes.

alright, fair enough. it's pretty accessible though. just throwing it out there.

It's Led Zeppelin you fucking dumbass

if i taper will they be good. anyone have pics?

i reckon a good tapering could easily transform them. might be a little uncomfortable because of the thick material i guess.

what kind of pics are you looking for?

its clearly Can

source: I own multiple cans

>Lenscrafters
>Current trends

Can you identify the problem?

I like you. Can we be friends?

What if it was slp style? Can't imagine it without skinny pants

SLP is trash, deserves to go out of style

SLP is not trash. It is a good look, but somewhat unoriginal

only ever see the odd website pics never wranglers slim irl on a skelly

hedi slimane's heroin chic was a moneygrab to capitalize on recent trends, nothing more

it'll disappear in a year or two. once everyone realizes that practically all the outfits are the same thing regurgitated. then you can expect the cycle to repeat with some other lame style.

Really glad

huckleberry wore wranglers

Oh I see, that looks pretty rad and yeah I agree the current eyebrow trends need to die off quickly.
What brand do you recommend for eyeliner that isn't black?

>2017 is
>FULL RICK YEAR

fatty detected

In LA and these trends are here in full force

yeah looks good above the knee. Should i taper them but how much should i hem/ cuff or nah

since i assume you're going for a skinny look, you should probably have the leg opening tapered to around 6-7" across. hemming or cuffing is up to you i suppose.

yeah straight copying the style of rockstars from the 70s and recycling designs from vintage clothes for exorbitant prices that in no way match the quality or creativity of the clothes in anyway
this garbage is for teenagers too afraid to do something interesting with their clothing or go out and buy vintage clothes so instead they get it handed to them straight from the runway

super massive shirts
cakeface
full adidas / slave core
more people dipping into techwear

he said it is somewhat unoriginal lmao, ya fucktard

All been trends for at least a year.

he said it isnt trash tho, which it is, for the reason it is unoriginal

So if I wore round glasses in the 5th grade through junior high, at which point I got tired of the "hurr look it's Harry Potter" comments, have we officially come full circle? Are we regressing? Was I an effay prodigy at 10 years old in my jorts and Umbro t-shirts?

Circular lenses are not something I want to revert back to personally. I'll stick with the contacts and occasional generic frame shapes for now, I guess.

Hey ass hat he said 2016!!

stila has some blue hues that stay well in their liquid collection, but I myself am still hunting for a line.

Wanted to post this too

Already do this pretty much. Looks like I'm early

Watch out for
DUNGEON CRUST
U
N
G
E
O
N

C
R
U
S
T

skinny jeans are evolving into skinny leggings

What are they doing?

fit battle

When are they gonna make a fit battle movie?

beware nigga, the pocket bags are tiny and useless

ive bought/tapered these jeans before

one super nice thing is the inseam is alterable (single stitch inside) instead of the outseam (double external stitch)
so you can change the leg shape however you want

they did, it's called The Warriors

I don't use pants pockets much but any pics?

heres a pic of the pockets i found online

I meant pics of the dudes taper work but well played

what kind of shirt would you call that on the right

kek

casual printed button up, vintage
no name for the pattern as far as i know

oh dear fuck no no no do not

mfw I'm an early adopter. Conservative pendulum swinging.