Imagine you need a reliable, quality watch for as little money as humanly possible...

Imagine you need a reliable, quality watch for as little money as humanly possible. The Casio F-91W is one obvious choice, but are there others?

I'd say if you can't afford a decent watch, then just use your phone. Cheap watches make you look like a child. Which, if you are a child, that's fine, but if you are into college now it's time to be a big boy.

Fuck off.

user if you are into a casio I recommend the steel ones. Still cheap but not as cheap looking as the plastic ones.

I need something to quickly tell me the time, so I don't always need to reach into my pocket. I'm not requesting a membership in your super special crafty art appreciation club so cool your noodle.

my gf has one of those, I agree they look better.

Also just found this Timex. Might exchange the strap for a nato one, though.

Timex's are of surprisingly good quality for the price. I felt the build and overall finish of a number of Timex's and they are fantastic. Not to mention they are durable, and generally keep time well. Look around for a timex you like, they're worth the price 100% if you can buy them cheaper off Amazon.

Casio's are also great watches. But there is no sense in comparing a mechanical watch to an electronic display watch like Casio. Anyone that has a standard like Vacheron, or even cheaper brands like Seiko, use their watch to compare it to a Casio, have no understand about watches in general.

Casio's are great bang for your buck. I would recommended it if you actually like the style and display. Otherwise Timex is great, and you may be able to find some good quality Seiko 5's that range in the price of Timex's too. If I ever got a Timex, I would get the Waterbury, looks great in person. The Seiko 5 SNK809 also cost around $80, it's an automatic watch, so the accuracy will be off within 20 seconds a day, but if you are looking for a decent automatic watch in general for a low price, go with the Seiko 5. Good luck

>I'm not requesting a membership in your super special crafty art appreciation club so cool your noodle.
It's not about being a member of some club, it's if you want to look like a grown up or not. Casios are for high school hipsters. If you are a high school hipster there is nothing wrong with wearing one if you like the thing.

Basically what I'm telling you is if you are in high school, go for it. If you are an adult, then don't wearing a fucking casio you'll look like a retard.

If you're going casio I'd recommend one with a stainless steel band. The resin bands break apart after a while.

Casio AQ-230 foh sure

that was a fantastic post, thanks for taking the time to write it down. question: is the waterbury loud? I need a watch first and foremost because I change around uni library, gym and home a lot using the bus. But working in the library while something is ticking on my wrist might make me mad.

I'm in university. Lots of people here wear casios or other cheap watches. Although not at my faculty (law) - but then again, most of the guys there think that pairing a hoodie with a RL dress shirt is the pinnacle of cutting-edge modern fashion so I might not rely too much on their opinion.

>Casio B640WD in silver
€30
>Casio B640WD in black
€60

user there's nothing wrong with the Casio. Every rationally thinking person on earth knows that they are just a cheap staple work-watch type purchase for normal people.

God knows what that other idiot is hopped up on but he is a 1-in-a-million person who would think like this about it.

Some people say they are loud, I didn't hear a noticeable tick, I am sure if you are actively trying to hear the tick, you will inevitably hear them. In my personal experience, they are no louder than any conventional Quartz watch, and no louder than Seiko or Citizen and other basic Japanese quartz watches. While some may tick louder, I think the atmosphere around you may have a lot to do with the 'Ticking' phenomenon people report. I find that something as soft as the central Air conditioning running at my place is enough to drown out any ticks, but then again, I never really hear them to begin with.
So to sum it up, here are some of the comments I hear and read:
1. Timex Weekend Ticks quite loudly
2. Timex Expedition and Waterbury are quieter

So maybe my ears aren't sensitive enough to hear the ticking, I removed a quartz movement from the case and left it on my bedside table overnight, that was the only point that I was annoyed by any watches ticking. But if numerous people are saying the Timex Weekender is quite loud, then there is some truth in numbers...
So if you are that paranoid about the library ticking issue, get the Casio. If light ticks are fine, the weekender might be fine depending on how quiet the place actually is, or you could fork up extra money for a higher end watch, but it probably wouldn't be necessary for your intentional usage.

DON'T NOT GET TIMEX. TIMEX has very cheap moments. They look nice on the out side but relly cheap moments. The Mcdonald toy watches have better moments no joke. Go with casio, cheap grate moments and extremely long lasting batterys. The lcd screens take very little to run. A casio battery will last you 5 years easy. With a time tho, most of them have a calender on them and because of that they will only last 2 years max. Then you got to pay around 10-15$ for a new battery l. Just get a casio and be happy.

Acctualy F-91W will make you look like terrorist, which is cool.

Also they look effay.

At that price point it doesn't really matter, you are getting a good watch for the price. They have a clean and solid finishing on their casing and dial, with good aesthetics and good materials for the price. But let's be honest, it's a low price Quartz watch, nobody is expecting to get a 8 Jewel Patek Philippe quartz movement out of a timex, though I don't think anyone should pay $10k for a PP Quartz. But you are getting a good, solid, durable Timex watch, with a movement that is dependable and generally accurate. For $30 I don't care if half the movement is plastic, it's quartz, and it serves my function to be dependable and keep time. Just my opinion. The ticking is a different story.
And I am pretty sure promotional giveaways like from McD's or anywhere generally use much lower end branded Timex's.

resin or steel case?

I don't know about OP but I like watches because I like to leave my phone at home.

Honestly you spelling movements wrong 3 times in a row made me so mad idk why

Freestyle Predator

>i have this pic but the newer ones are better

dude just go on ebay, find some cherry ass pieces cheap af

$40-this

Or ur local pawn shop if u want cheap watches because a bunch are stolen and sold 4 cheap

I like that idea but knowing my town it's all going to be fake shit.

Just one more month and I'll be outta this shithole~

whiteout

dope