Do any of you take Propecia for your hair?

Is it Veeky Forums?

I took it for a week or so and my balls started to ache so I took a break.

Other urls found in this thread:

swisstemples.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm starting to bald but I'm just going to roll with it rather than fight it. I feel like ball cancer isn't a worthy tradeoff.

Question I have is how to best wear my hair with a receding hairline...

I don't think you'll get cancer lol, but the sides seem very real (though not always extreme. I though the sides were exaggerated but my balls started to ache and I was like "fuck that shit".

And on how to wear a receding hairline, not sure man. As a young man you shave it? If your hair is receded badly this only suits older gentleman.

I'm 30. It's not terrible yet but for sure thin. I think at some point just going to have to do really close buzz cuts.

If its more about thinning than receding, you could try Rogaine.

I reckon there'll be a cure within the next 2-3 years. There 10s of research chemicals which work out there, but just havn't been FDA approved.

I've lost like an inch on my hairline and I have OCD, looking at it triggers me. I'm only 20 but will probably secretly get a FUE hair transplant in December. Can get one expenses paid in Hungary for £1400, which is basically the cost of an expensive holiday anyway.

If anyone asks why my hairs growing back, I'll just say I've started using minoxidil or something.

Yeah FUE is based as fuck, especially if you are the type to only have some recession at the front. Easy fix.

And BTW, Propecia does seem to be a legitimate MPB cure. Just the sides though, inhibiting the enzyme that converts Test into DHT is a bit heavy handed.

I reckon my hairlines only 'matured', but it still looks shit. If I can get it perma fixed for £1400 and never have to worry again, I think its worth it.

I've spent a lot of time on hairloss forums & shit the past year, buying random natty 'cures'. Its depressing as fuck, everyone should just get FUE so the cost goes down as it becomes competitive.

>cure

Most people don't get regrowth with propecia alone. Some people get their full hairlines back with minox/propecia/keto.

Its not a cure, in the sense you have to keep using it or your hair falls out again.

A topical finasteride that doesn't absorb into the bloodstream but stays in the scalp would be perfect.

Yeah the natt cures desu.

I bought Pumpkin seed oil capsules, Saw Palmetto capsules, Alpecin, Rogaine, dermaroller, Nizoral and Propecia.

So far I have tried the Alpecin a few times only, the shampoo is fine for use (don't know if it works though), and the liquid (the liquid smells so strong like cheap deodorant, really bad).

I haven't used the Rogaine (a lot of hassle to use for the rest of your life, has some sides apparently and doesn't work for more than a few years max apparently.

Now for the DHT inhibitors, I started the natty parth, Pumpkin seed oil and a small amount of Saw Palmetto, used for over a month, not long, then start some Propecia. Took 0.25mg for a few days, than 0.5mg for a couple of days, and then the full 1mg for a couple of days, my balls started to ache and my legs felt kind of tense and achey, perhaps had a bit of ED also but not fully. Now I am on my 2nd day not taking Propecia, balls starting to feel better, perhaps partly psychological, but the Propecia definitely caused the aching.

Now I will certainly continue using Nizoral, not really any downsides.

Still contemplating what to do. My hair has onlyreceded a bit at the temples, but hair still looks ok (I have a fringe etc).

>A topical finasteride that doesn't absorb into the bloodstream but stays in the scalp would be perfect.

That would be RU58841 desu, you gotta buy it from China though. No FDA approval.

>>cure
>Most people don't get regrowth with propecia alone. Some people get their full hairlines back with minox/propecia/keto.
>Its not a cure, in the sense you have to keep using it or your hair falls out again.

Yeah it's not a cure in that sense, but it will stop baldness. Just the sides of doing something foolhardy though.

>parth

path* dammit

>RU

I know about RU58841

Doesn't that go systematic and give you bitchtits and shit?

I heard people get results from it, but thought it was as risky as fin?

I've been doing the ghettoprostagladnin routine for a couple months (castor oil/dermarolling/other shit), and have gotten regrowth but I'm still keen on FUE.

Yeah FUE would be most effective option of course (would they ask you to use Propecia though to maintain?).

That's interesting you got results with the castor oil thing etc, is the point of that to increase blood circulation alone?

>Doesn't that go systematic and give you bitchtits and shit?

Maybe man, it seems pretty sketchy as it hasn't been FDA approved etc.

>point of that to increase blood circulation

It does do that, but damaging the skin below 2mm deep causes follicle neogenisis. It also aids absorption of the castor oil into the skin.

swisstemples.com/

Altogether, it does science shit and grows hair back.

>propecia though to maintain

The transplanted hair wouldn't need propecia, as it'd be extracted from a non-DHT sensitive part of the scalp (back/sides) and would retain its DHT sensitivity wherever you put it.

It might be a good idea to go on finasteride to prevent further hairloss behind the transplant, but I reckon I'm fine for a few years without doing that. By then hopefully a cure will come out so I don't have to bother.

As long as my hairline stays strong I can work with randomly balding at the crown desu.

FUE seems like a great option for me honestly.

Interesting, shall look further into it. Just one thing though, I heard that the Hair follicles are reached at about 1.5mm forward, couldn't you damaged them with one that deep? I got the 0.75mm as I read somewhere it is the safest to use

FUE seems good

>damaged them

If you don't damage them there's no point doing it. You have to damage the follicle for it stimulate growth.

Interesting, I just got that from reading some web page, opinion varies ofc. Will look into the longer ones.

Ive been on generic Propecia (5 mg Finasteride cut into fourths) for 7 months now. I basically regrew my "weak" temple with it. Before related is before

After. Don't read into the stories online, Finasteride is a pretty safe drug compared to a lot of other shit on the market. Go watch TV and watch commercials for other drugs. Half of the possible side effects listed are like "Death, heart attack, etc."

yaaas lookin good senpai

Nice, but I can't be fucking with my DHT I'm 20 and still actually growing.

You on minoxidil as well?

I tried it and it legit gave me wrinkles fs.

Nah just Finasteride and Nizoral shampoo. I'm trying to "milk" the benefits of Fin before adding minox. It's better to start Finasteride alone than both Finasteride and minox because then you'll never know which one was actually working for you.

I'm 20 and I've been on minox for at least 1.5 years now. It's not done all that much to help, even when I the most rigorous about its use.

I can basically see the entirety of my scalp at this point. Heretically, I'm kind of screwed since my mother's father was balding and I basically resemble Costanza.

I'm thinking about going with a short cut as well considering that I felt really confident about my looks with my hair short, almost buzzed. Don't want to fuck with my balls though, that seems a waste.

Basically-bald-guy here.

Just try fin, there's no harm.

The thing with finasteride is that if you quit there's no harm one, even if you noticed sides, if you continue to use fin while you experience sides you're an idiot obviously but who would do that.

If you're balding to the point that you can see your scalp, don't bother with just minox, it won't do enough and it's a waste of money, atleast add fin.

All the programs people use for their hair are cute but worthless if they don't involve fin, assuming you are balding.

Honestly I REALLY regret being bald and not fighting it, don't lose your youth and try fin my friend.

Started balding 2 years ago.
Got the best results with apple cider vinegar.