Interiors / furniture general

interiors / furniture general

some raf simons inspo to start

not interior but w/

Raf Simons Rick Owens usually what I'm living in

good rugs, good materials

all i'm thinking about is how many dead birds you find at the base of those windows each week, and all the sun damage to coffee table books, but i too want to live in what is basically a museum.

wall sculptures are great, painting/chandelier are ok. understand why you'd avoid matchymatchy, but the silver/chrome chair andthe reddish woodtone of the dining set don't work for me considering the rest.

dreamy, though i wouldn't decorate such a home with a trad oriental vase (or much trad oriental art in general) like that.

Isn't that Hiroki's place?

The idea of the house was to mix americana and traditional japanese
so i think the vase was appropriate

filename.jpg

Holy shit Raf has an ugly house

where do you guys typically buy furniture?

I've been looking for awhile for some site that uses mid century designs but the pieces are new rather than vintage and smithsonian tier/expensive

>The idea of the house was to mix americana and traditional japanese
>so i think the vase was appropriate

sure, just personal pref. the house itself is almost japanese overload on its own, especially with the tatami and low furniture, which is why i thought the vase was a bit unnecessary. but that's just me. oriental vases traditional art generally do nothing for me, but i love japanese industrial design, homes, gardens, etc.

pic unreated

depends. eames chair from craigslist, but you have to watch out for fakes. ikea has done some reissues of their 60s stuff, so looking through their catalog is sometimes worthwhile. i picked up a chair, ottoman, and side table from them. bought a fake-ish nelson bench because i just can't shell out a grand for some accent piece at this point in my life (quality is ok, not great craftsmanship, but looks great with books and stuff on it). didn't skimp on lamps, bought them through ylighting.

amazon has a lot of remakes of midcentury stuff, but read reviews.

if you look around you can typically find items that have been returned, or maybe have a ding or were used as display pieces for steep discounts. crate and barrel, cb2. won't bother listing more pricey places as they'll just be approaching dwr pricing anyway.

kenshiro sama core picture on the wall

Great! thank you!

sure. as for the remakes you find on amazon: some are cheap shit from india or china (trust china > india in this case, but make sure it's a reputed seller with lots of reviews and hopefully user photos). there are also higher end replicas made in the u.s. which end up being about half the price of a legit new designer piece.

making furniture well, by hand, is an art and should be built to last a lifetime. paying full price for legit craftsmanship is worth the money if you think of how long you'll have it. if you're just buying stuff while in college or early 20s, cheap shit's the way to go (unless you find a steal on craigslist).

those are some of the nicest speakers i've ever seen
jfc

Good to see I'm not the only one who saved this

Who the fuck needs this much.

I would say trader but that is a ghetto setup with mismatching monitors so probably just a hobbyist.

seems like security cameras or something

im 15 years old in america - the room

Considering it's overlooking a trainyard, I'd say either security or it's for CTC.

Jesus Christ my room looks kinda like this, how should I go about redesigning? I could probably paint the walls (currently blue) but it would be a lot of effort on my own

What would be a lot of work? For the actual painting you could just drybrush it if you are lazy, otherwise just leave the walls blue and fix everything else.

Dude, that's not a lot of effort.

having the inset sofa is so cool, but it lends itself to a lack of change. How do you ever move the furniture?

>how do you ever move the furniture?

w2c old men in suits?

>kubrick-core

lmao are you blind? look at the background...its a railstation

any inspo for someone with a tiny room and lots of books?

yeah
its get a fucking life nerd

o shit ive never tried that! thanks user ill post pics when im done

dope, but too many decanters, wtf

^

And if your room has a window and gets any direct sunlight, that will be your most pressing issue regarding placement.

Personally, sadly, most of my books are boxes up in the closet aside from the ones I'm reading and a select few coffee table types as accents. Small rooms look cluttered easily, so sometimes you just have to make sacrifices.

The dude abides

railstation in my country not look like this. I think this is what we call train yard? It is like home of train, station is just where it visits.

Rail yard. These are freight trains, not passenger trains.

thom browne

buy a kobo

Jackie Treehorn treats his objects like women man!

i would knock that drink over in less than 30 seconds

Got a higher resolution?