What does Veeky Forums think about the CDG collaboration?

What does Veeky Forums think about the CDG collaboration?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BXecA3NYDc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shitty played out meme shoe

nothing unique or interesting about it. i find it incredibly amusing that cdg play's "contribution" to the collab was literally just their logo... lol

without a doubt one of the worst and most prevalent memes on Veeky Forums though. somehow fuccbois keep falling for this overpriced diffusion shit, even years later.

Tbf isn't all fashion just about the image it presents? The cultural value of CDG and the shoe collab is a rarity and miles above the plebs. I figure they'll become classics/retrowear like the regular cons.

Isn't cdg play all about putting their logo on basic clothing items? why do you find incedibly amusing that their collab was just chucks with cdg play's logo?

yeah, but it cute tho

It sure has an eye catching look

the image cdg play converse presents is either that of a new money fob fillipino or a shut in dressed-by-internet-forum dork circa 2011. not exactly "miles above the plebs".
it's just so shitty and lazy. reminds me of that one raf simons meme that gets posted occasionally
>converse wants that collab done by next week? fuck, uh... just slap a big ass logo on them and call it a day i guess
plenty of better, less costly ways to make a shoe look cute

It's not shitty and lazy, it's just a very simple and good design and like i said, cdg play is only about the cdg play logo, nothing more. Also it's pretty cheap compared to cdg play's shirts so there's nothing wrong with them. Nobody is forcin you to buy them and you're free to look at more interesting designs, I don't see the point on critisizing cdg play for what they've always done.

literally "look at me, im soooooooo into fashion": the shoe

nah dude. it's just a diffusion line. derivative and overpriced. people buy it because they think there's some sort of social status that little heart will grant them. i can't stand it. like supreme, but if every item was a bogo. pure consumerism.

>plenty of better, less costly ways to make a shoe look cute
this 2bh. despite the obnoxiously edited video, im thinking of doing something similar to my old chucks: youtube.com/watch?v=BXecA3NYDc4

>Consumerism, on a board about high fashion? Heresy!!

Tbh senpai isn't all fashion about how it looks to the world, and how it looks to you? These feel nice, other people see them as catchy and interesting, and if the buyer likes it,who is anybody to criticize? It's not obnoxious or objectively bad like graphic tees and shjt.

hes saying the reason people like these is because people in fashion circles are going to know what these are and the people wearing them are thinking they are going to be apart of the cool kids because of it
theres nothing else that justifies the price of the shoes apart from the fact they have a designer logo slapped on them
i once heard a quote from some guy who said, they best style is that when people can look at your outfit and not be able to tell every single thing about it straight away, its the subtle details, like craftsmanship, quality fabrics, ergonomic features etc that should make something worth high prices, these shoes have none of that, its all purely shallow surface appeal

I'll give you the shallow surface appeal, but having tried a pair on at an import store, I can say right away they feel 10x comfier than regular $40 cons, have a different color, different stitching (denim like patch on the back), etc. I mean with shoes it's a lot harder to get to the top of the steep quality slope. $5000 shoes aren't much different than $500 shoes ya feel

meme marketing

clothes made in japan r decent

shoes r converse aka trash

logo is ok

unfortunately, doubt the people who wear it know anything about Rei or Filip

thats just the placebo effect because they're cdg and you think cdg is somewhat of high fashion
they're built exactly the same as normal converse
converse build quality isnt really that bad
i like how you dont get buttflustered when someone says something antithetical though
good on you

Wear what you like. Not everything you wear has to impress and draw attention,or come straight of the runway, or cost $600. And at the end of the day who does it affect the most? You or some guy on /fa?

Placebo effect maybe, idk. Feels better to me. But anybody walking down the street or grills etc aren't gonna know if it feels any better than regular cons which feel like walking on hardwood.

If your only beef is that the collaboration didn't do anything other than give a classic design a rare and unique coat of paint, I'm still cool with that. Why do people buy gold watches over steel? Doesn't feel different doesn't work any different but it's flashy, looks cool etc

like if im going to be honest its partially the elitism inside most of us since one would assume if you browse Veeky Forums for a decent amount of time you begin to understand which brands are "better" per se than others and cdg is a relatively well regarded brand
but when you see people fawning over a diffusion line you get the whole "thats not even the real cdg" etc etc. yafeel
like people here arent going to like you wearing the cdg cons but "normies" will lap it up and if youre okay with that (you should be desu you shouldnt fall into the Veeky Forums hivemind) then do as u please lol

It's more like if rolex did a collab with casio, slapping their logo on a 10$ watch

I'm as reeee about pleb shit as any other Veeky Forumsg but I'm also a sneakerhead, and the fact that they're sort of known as a classic, staple, or rarity iconic shoe like the original Jordans, original doc martens etc makes me want em. I collect icons when I find em

Don't cop

But that's implying cons are absolute bottom tier trash and not sort of a mid tier cultural icon. More like Ferrari collaborating with a new civic to make a car with a sick outer body with fuel efficient internals etc

You could drape that thing in enough SLP, rick, Gucci, and supreme to bankrupt Donald Trump and not make it look good

Also
>Being DYEL

how are we still having threads about this

>gf got a pair for me
time to have meme fits for the next few weeks

Lame.

PF Flyers are honestly 1000X more interesting than these.

it's redundant since Converse has its own official gay pride versions

They're alright. I don't understand the hate, but I do understand why people say they're played out.