Poorfag here and need help with my first watch

poorfag here and need help with my first watch.
pic related, they're the same on the inside.

strawpoll.me/10784561

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10784561
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>strawpoll.me/10784561
Give us the option to add to the poll

How about something with a leather strap instead of a bulky metallic one

Get a Seiko.

leather strap is not good for everyday use, it get's nasty when you use it in the sun and when you sweat.

I have been looking on skx-007, but decided to not. Iconic but old look and everyone have one. A little better (I think) on the inside than Orient.
The Orients looks more clean and modern imo.

Last time I checked the Mako USA model was the only one with saphire glass so take that one.

1 or 3 with 1's armband. Either way go for a Steinhart instead.

All of them have saphire glass

>Steinhart
>bying knock off
>ever

Steinhart is fucking garbage.

The newest Mako USA 2 is the best option. Sapphire crystal + solid end links + hackable and hand winding movement = sublime combo. The other two don't have the sapphire crystal and solid end link bracelet.

>sapphire crystal
well I can add it on.
But solid end link...interesting

Give the Mako USA 2 a few weeks to appear on ebay and you'll be able to get it for the "street" price which for orients is usually ~$120 less than on their official website. That way you'll get a watch with all the good stuff on and a great lume for a superb price. Consider Seiko SARB 017/033/035s as well unless you're after a diver.

am i the only one who finds seikos ugly? I want a clean, simple watch and everything this one has is bold, heavy and simply disgusting

Do you actually find those watches elegant, or just praise them because of "iconic" and other memes.

You don't have to buy a diver's watch. There are many different Seikos.

Pic related: Sarb035 with a 6r15 hacking hand winding movement available for around 330 bucks.

What is the absolute lowest you would ever spend on a watch?

I highly recommend a Vostok. Vintage Russian military watches that are cheap as fuck bc they made millions of them before the wall/economy collapsed. Now the market is gutted with precise mil-spec pieces that are surefire conversation starters.

Recently copped this pretty fella (pic related) on eBay for $15, probably going to pair with a cheap brown leather strap and come out with a litty titty wrist fit for the low.

this is like a wrist ushanka

These

My first watch is going to be a diver.
I have been looking on SARB 017 a lot and thinks it will be my second watch.

whatever the price of a casio f91w is so like 10 dollars

I got one of the watches from the 5th as my first watch. It's fairly cheap.

tick tock

I like the Festina designs

no one likes your instagram watches. How old you? 15?

kek. Fuck off. I said it was my first cheap watch.

My poorfag watches.

>buy a instagram watch for 110$
>call it cheap
wew lad

My Vostok comrade!

I like the weathering on mine, it still works great too surprisingly.

>being a poorfag

>Vostok
>Precise
>averaging -25+25sec/day

top kok

Get one entry level watch like Seiko or an Orient and start saving up money on a big boy watch - pre owned Datejust/Sub/E2. Or at least a Seamaster Pro. A collection of avgmode japs is a nono

ay

Muh nigga

>A collection of avgmode japs is a nono
true that

OP here.
It's going to be a Mako USA II, but I haven't decided the colour tho. Either white or black

the white one easy

White one. Black is too basic

i concur, the cheapest watches that aren't complete shit are like $90 seikos, and even then anything below $100 is immigrant-poverty tier

This.

To any watchfag beginner: In your time as a watch collector on the internet you will come across many forums/communities that will attempt to brainwash you into thinking that being a poorfag is okay, thus dragging you down to their level and staying there making them feel better about their failures. Don't for a second subscribe to the notion that there's nothing shameful in wearing "homages" (basically fakes) - Shit like Squale, Steinhart, Invicta, Aramar etc.

lmfao at all 3 of those watches you'd probably make even the moistest pussy dry

Here's mine poorfag

>buying fashion brand watches with $2 movements inside
>ever

>being an autistic watchfag
>ever

Let me guess you also dress in that gay gothninja shit too

yikes

at least attempt to contain your underage mode

Man you are grasping for straws im 21 loser

even worse

Epic meme. It's ok while youre all jacking off over peasant watches I'll be getting my cock sucked by some asian bitch. tootles

are rolex submariners inevitably the most effay watch

Not really, too common. Go for a Milgauss or Datejust instead. If you want a beater get an older gen Explorer 2.

is this passable? I wanted something not too flashy, with a simple design.

no m8 this is not a serious watch

Oh okay. Well what's wrong with it? I'm not a watch expert.

Men's essentials for making an impression: Car, watch, shoes. Never buy watches from fashion brands. Cheap, quartz and made in china is not a great combo. Women wear jewellery, mean wear watches. By wearing cheap made in china crap you basically make a big loud "I'm a pleb" statement and become the male equivalent of that girl who wears a ton of walmart jewellery. Get a decent watch user, you deserve it.

Is Hugo Boss made in China crap? It's stainless steel and leather. I really don't know. I'm a poorfag college kid. I think for now most people I associate with won't notice or care but when I can get something better I will.

It is. You can get an Orient Mako or a Seiko SKX for around $200 and $350 gets you a very nice Japanese made Seiko SARB033 or 035. Consider those when your wallet allows you.

Never forget

i spent about 1 hr last night looking for a good looking watch with a compass. Anyone have any recommendations ?

Seiko SARB017

Thanks. Unrelated but how are American eagle and Levi's? I'm trying to look like a normie, because secretly I'm not.

Is Tissot really that bad?

Other than Visodate series, yes.
I really don't know much about this m8

what's up with group 2?

oh fug

Questionable past/present or difficult to get rid of once you're bored of them

If you paid less than 600 for it it's alright, just never make the same mistake again.

where would you put Certina?

The very bottom of group 2. Oris instead

I dunno about that m8, just copped this Tissot recently and thus far I love it

Everyone ITT is fucking retarded.

pic related is the only thing you should be looking at. Save your fucking money you dumb ass OP. For fucks sake, even $800 will get you something decent.

ANYONE that will even give a shit about your watch(few people, mostly men and gold-digging whores) will ALSO know whether or not it's garbage. This has been true forever. Listening to some 16 year olds on Veeky Forums meme you into some shitty ass watch because you couldn't save an extra few benjamins for something actually worth owning, why even bother? You buy watches like these for their beauty, otherwise fuck off.

Do you want to own shit, OP? Do you want to be some consumer moron buying some garbage $100 watch because you JUST needed something right now? You're so pathetic you can't save up for another few months?

Buy something worth owning or save your fucking money. I'm not wearing some trash on my wrist and neither should you. This isn't even about cork-sniffing $5,000+ watches. Spend close to $1,000 or more on a watch or don't buy one. It will be junk.

>Victorinox being so bad.

kinda doubt it. on top of that Wenger watches don't seem bad either. they are just mostly field watches. so you'll have a hard time finding a more simple fashion piece I guess.

>Spend close to $1,000 or more on a watch or don't buy one. It will be junk.
You spent a while to write some really dumb shit.

I'm willing to bet you own jack shit over ~$300.

I'm willing to bet you're either Qatari or are hilariously sheltered. News flash: most people don't have a $1000 to spend on a watch. Most people don't need to either, to find a nice piece.

>calling seiko skx for shit
c'mon

Not him but you don't have to be Qatari to spend $2.5k on a pre owned Tudor. Just be a man with self respect and a job that isn't at walmart.

They make 50% chinese made mostly quartz garbage. Come on.

fellow poorfag here

the timex weekender is a really great watch for how cheap it is, it's got a pretty simple and attractive design, i still get compliments on my watch after having it for like 2 years, you just have to wash the strap every now and again. it also ticks super loudly, so you'll have to get used to that, but i think it's worth it.

the "Casio Men's A168W-1 Stainless Steel Watch" on amazon is my most worn watch since i've bought it in october 2015 and i love it, you just adjust the strap to your wrist size and clasp it on, and it works with nearly everything. $17-ish on amazon.

"Casio F91W-1 Casio Resin Digital Watch" on amazon is a great watch for working out and stuff, or just whenever, and it's only 12$.

Is it worth to buy a pre owned watch?

I only buy pre-owned watches in mint condition. You save more than 20% off retail.

holy fuck you're a massive Veeky Forumsggot

>$100 watch
b-but it goes for $375

get this one.
~$220

I saw you or someone else post this in the other watch thread, again, maybe 70% of that chart is accurate, otherwise, it is a pretty terrible chart.

Again, as many watch collectors and watch makers do, they start off with a lower end price range watch. You don't have to save up to get something 'Luxurious' because a retard like you says so. You can find plenty of great watches for around $100, and I don't think anyone should be deterred from getting a great watch under or around $100. Elitists like you but the stigma upon cheaper watches, and it makes it a rather unpleasant scenario. Some people just don't have the money to save up, or maybe they have just a spare couple hundred and they are spoiling themselves on it. It is really fucking petty to see people post comments like 'SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR A WORTHWHILE WATCH THATS $1000'. Watches are about more than just the cost, sometimes it is more than the aesthetics, or the quality of the movement. Sometimes it is a lot more personal than that. So if a $100 Seiko is luxurious to someone, I am not going to shit on them and say they should have retroactively saved their money, and quite frankly, a lot of the cheaper Seiko and Orient mechanical watches are a way better value. I know people that have enough money to buy 5 Patek's, and I know some people that have Rolex's, JLC, and VC's, and you know what they wear almost daily? Citizen Perpetual Calendars, Seiko SARB035's, Orient Makos, Poljots and other vintages. Jesus, you don't need a $1000+ watch to be respected by ANY watch expert out there, not to mention you don't need an expensive watch to finally have respect for yourself and the watch you are wearing.

Fucking Petty Post.

Mad props senpai. People always lowkey put others down with this mentality when it comes to fashion.
Just let people do them if they are happy like that.

divers design with only 100m is a joke
op stick with yours or the seiko 007

thanks m8

I'm also a poorfag, wanting to buy a watch. Wondering if this is a nice starter.

No user, that is garbage. Save up $350 and buy seiko sarb033 or 035. Dont waste your money on shit.

I just want a simple, leather wristband watch. I don't want a Seiko. Clunky pieces of metal weighing me down, I'm much better with the "garbage" I want.

Then why ask at all?

You do know you dont have to wear it on a bracelet right

Because I'm a difficult person.

>the watches under under x price are inherently flawed meme

You, that watch is tacky in it's minimalism, get something with more appreciable and nuanced design, like a Braun

You, a $5 is just as good as a $50000 watch for telling the time, the only people that truly care about brand over the actual design are people who are fascinated by the movement (inconsequential as a cheap quartz will tell the time just as well) and WISs that have autism every time someone with a XYZ gets a complement and your Seiko or whatever doesn't

That's not to say that expensive watches aren't nice, but don't act like you NEED to spend money on a watch if you're going to buy one.

>$5 is just as good as a $50000 watch for telling the time

That is true but people aren't really buying watches to tell the time are they? Especiialy not on this board. If time keeping was the purpose people would just stick to using their phones. Watches are jewellery for men: Symbol of taste and status. Save up and get something decent instead of being a male equivalent of that girl with walmart jewellery. No watch is better than a shit watch.

at

You're missing my point.

Telling that guy to at least spend a minimum amount of money on a wristwatch is nonsensical because it prioritises price over design. You rightly said a watch is a piece of jewelry, and a symbol of taste, so you rightly should focus on the design and appearance. The notion that others should notice how expensive your wristwatch is is the same kind of attitude that brings out the crap like streetwear where everyone is intent on showing off what $200 sweatshirt they got with Supreme or Palace written on it.

The price really has nothing to do with it and there is much more to the watch than it's design. A quality watch must have a story behind it, a pedigree. It must have horological value and watches that tick all the boxes won't be cheap. Your logic implies that it's just about the price and design however that couldnt be further from the truth. Buying a $5k Hugo Boss is incredibly stupid when you can get a Tudor for half the price.

>A quality watch must have a story behind it, a pedigree. It must have horological value and watches that tick all the boxes won't be cheap

A quality watch should have a story behind it, a pedigree, if horology is a hobby. It must have horological value and watches that tick all the boxes won't be cheap.

ftfy

horological value is a concept that appeals to people who wish to show off. If you want to show off, be it your money, your great taste through your choice of brand, your knowledge on horology or whatever, then go ahead.

Buying a watch as a status symbol is like buying a car as a status symbol, or buying a house to show people how rich you are. You don't expressly need any of these things and you should not tell others that they should prioritise prestige over actuality. A 'story' does not inherently indicate quality.

If you buy a watch as a piece of design then you are prioritising the aesthetics of the object, you do it for yourself. A watch doesn't need a pedigree to tell the time or be a good design, just like a car doesn't necessitate a certain manufacturer to be well designed or innovative.

Good taste is above brands and showing off.