Tolietries Thread

What you use in the shower is now our business. What do people in effay use, from things like soap, body wash, shampoo, toothpaste. If it helps you maintain hygene, share it.

First for unscented Arm and Hammer deodorant.

simple homemade bar soap and head & shoulders

>dove men body wash
>head and shoulders classic 2 in 1

>body wash
Aveeno daily moisturizing body wash
>exfoliant (twice a week)
Lush ocean salt cleanser
>shaving cream
Lush D'Fluff. I now find the smell almost nauseating but I really like the texture
>antiperspirant
Kiehls Superbly Efficient
>shampoo and conditioner
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day
>body lotion
Nivea Q10+ firming. I used to use Korres body butter and it was so moisturizing but it made me too slippery
>toothpaste
Aquafresh extreme clean
>floss
literally any generic brand from the drugstore
>mouthwash
Listerine total care
>whitening strips
Crest whitestrips

When I travel I use Dr. Bronner's for everything though

>2016
>Not using Dr bronners soap and toms deoderant/toothpaste.

It's like you dumb niggers are trying to poison yourself

>simple home made soap
Muh nigga

Recipe?

I use olive, coconut, and lard for bar soap.

Facial cleanser is a 100%olive oil bar aged 3 years.

Been making my own soap for years.

tyler?

What's the context of that picture? They all seem to have the HY cut

I don't remember, my friend wanted to make soap years ago, so we bought some lye and vegetable oil and made a fuckton. Think we just bought some large bottle of oil for deep frying, and also a bottle of cheap olive oil.
On my last bar now, so I was thinking about making some more.

Is there any difference in the different types of oils? I mean, should I just buy some cheap olive oil, or does e.g. coconut oil have some other magical properties?

Also, why is the facial cleanse aged? I don't really notice any difference between my old-ass soap and a fresh soap from the store for example...

Aesop is probably one of the most effay for aesthetics and practical use

Olive oil soap, that is only olive oil, is called Castille soap. It takes forever to sopanify the oils. If you mix the oils and lye solution and set it aside it takes at least a year to achieve pH nuetrality. The longer it ages, the harder the bar, and the more nuetral it becomes.

Theres ways to speed this up, such as letting it sit in a warmed over as it cures in the loaf. This forces the gel phase which ensures it will sopanify quickly, then it just needs to age for a few months to get rid of excess moisture.

And yes the different oils have different properties. I made a coconut oil liquid soap with potassium hydroxide for my brother that he uses when detailing cars. It does a GREAT job at cutting grease and oils. In a bar soap its so cleansing it can dry the skin if its the only oil.

I use olive oil for its slippery feel as a soap. Coconut for its deep cleaning and lard for its lather and cleansing.

AH, I see, then I will read up on the different things. Do you think I could speed up the neutralization if I add some acid (lemon?)? Or would it not soapify?

Cool to get some input, buddy. Making this shit yourself is nice, so thanks

The reason lye makes soap is because it reacts with the fat to form grease cutting agents.

Another word for oil is fat, which are made up of fatty acids. Its the acid part of the fat reacting with the base the makes the soap.

Adding an acid like lemon juice with just nuetralize the lye component preventing it from sopanifying the oils.

You can speed up the process by using the CPOP method of soap making. This forces it to go through the gel phase which speeds up sopanification by an order of magnitude. You still need to let it age to get rid of moisture from the bar.

>Adding an acid like lemon juice with just nuetralize the lye component preventing it from sopanifying the oils.
Of course, what a fucking retard I am... Going through some shit, so my brain is not operating at all.

Anyways, thanks, will make some more as soon as possible

Does anyone here avoid scented body wash and shampoo? I would like the smell to come from my fragrances

coal miners taking a shower after work in the 1930's or something

Im the diy soap user. I dont like scented soaps, one of the reasons i started making my own.

I have made some diy liquid body wash and but i like the bars better

Cool, I thought I was the only one that preferred to smell clean. Soap creation sounds very interesting, I might adopt it.

Does anyone here purely use Aesop?

screw these contemporary au naturale hipster brands like aesop or triumph + disaster or anthony logistics

nioxin + nizoral for the hair
paula's choice (skin balancing line) for the skin
mitchell's wool fat for body and shaving