Let's be real, do you guys like this watch (Timex Weekender)? Some hate it and others love it...

Let's be real, do you guys like this watch (Timex Weekender)? Some hate it and others love it. It seems to easily border on le Reddit core or frat bro core depending on the strap but I really dig the Olive strap with the white face.

Also, any recommendations on a cheap simple watch that is similar?

Seiko 5 maybe ?

I have that exact watch, family. If you don't dress like a reddit memer, you won't look like one.

It's a cheap, plain, and unoffensive watch. Don't worry so much about it.

I have it. Unironically wear it on weekends or when hiking. During the week I wear a raymond weil, a SK007 and a certina. But I fucking love my weekender. Reliable and cheap, just like I like my women

I like the design/style. And Indiglo is nice, too, beats lume hands down in my opinion. The only reason I wouldn't get a Weekender is that I want to at least have a date window. Just my personal preference is all.

seagull 1963 is objectively the best sub $1000 watch

Dude, the only watch with a green nylon strap worth buying is a freestyle predator.

If you're a poorfag get a Seiko 5/ Seiko SKX/ Orient Mako diver/ Seiko SARB. If you can't afford that just stick to using your phone. No watch on the wrist is better than shit watch

any watch that ticks too loudly should be destroyed imo. no matter how good it is otherwise.

same goes for most swatches.

what are they all thinking?

I have one, it's nice, I've gotten a couple compliments on it. Being able to switch out watch bands easily is nice.

Is the easy reader reddit?

I have one, and also a Timex Easy Reader. Nicely designed, simple, cheap. The Uniqlo of watches, basically.

>See this shit
>Think it's hot fire
>Sold out

Fucking ree

opinions on junghans ?

This. The eco drive is a good alternative if you're looking for weekender style but nicer packaging

Where can I get a black leather band for this?

Nice. Though I would not get the chrono unless you actually would use it

hmu with some nice weekender straps pals

user, I mean... user. This looks good.

amazon

That Pyramid is absolutely the biggest pile of shit I have ever seen. I hope people don't actually listen to this.

1. Hublot and Longines are questionable at that price.
2. How the fuck is Mido so low? it's a great cheaper Swiss watch. Why is Stowa and Constant at the bottom too? Bulova is a watch you should NEVER buy? You should arbitrarily put Citizen on the same tier as Bulova if you will pull that shit, as the materials, quality, and finishing are almost identical since Citizen purchased Bulova. You can dislike some of the lower end quartz Bulovas selling for $200, and maybe some of their designs, but they have done fantastic things in the watch community, and still put out fantastic watches.
3. If someone here gets a Invicta 8926 Diver, it comes with a 24 jewel Seiko NH35A movement, which has been used in Seiko 5's. Given the general quality of the bracelet and dial, and overall finishing of the Invicta, it is a huge bargain for it's price, given you can get it around $70 USD. You may not like the Invicta marketing or other corporate BS, but they do have great value watches.
I will also say the same about SeaGull, they are fantastic movements for the price, and the SeaGull brand watches are also fantastic, it is like getting a $1200 watch for $250. The movements are durable, and relatively accurate and beautiful, on higher end seagull movements the finishing is absolutely amazing considering that cheap Chinese price.

Wow. And Fucking Tudor is up there in the top Tier, that is fucking hilarious. Not to mention Swatch is up there with group 3, that's fucking stupid. Breitling is also wayyyyyyyyy to high in this chart, absolutely terrible, realistically it should be in group 3, only if people find a 50% off sale on it.

I got to be completely honest, those tier 5 watches, such as Invicta, Stuhrling, and Seagull, are fantastic watches given their price, this is really just a terrible pyramid. Lol Hublot in the second tier.

There is literally nothing wrong with that chart and I 100% agree with it. the 1. triangle are the only watches I'd ever wear.

Not at all. Maybe 70% of the chart is accurate. And as with my original post pointing out why it is so off base, you can easily research each of the watches I point out are misplaced. I just don't want people to think that certain watch brands are shit because some uneducated autist who thinks he is a watch expert made a shitty pyramid. I am not even arguing with the top tier, a lot of those brands are fantastic with great craftsmanship, but I think you also have a misunderstanding of watches if you are elitist enough to say that you would only wear those tier 1 brands, but hey, if you like those watches only, I won't bash them, they certainly are good watches up there, but I sure as hell would take Tudor off.

Please user what is the model and how much does it sell for? It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I want one. Maybe would go for a leather strap, but god, its like Weekender, but with a day/date. It's perfect. Where do I get one?

>some $100 citizen eco-drive garbage
>"it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL"

lmao thanks for reminding me to never take advice from Veeky Forums

Tastes differ mate

This thing is fucking hideous.

No, that's not how this works "mate".

You just don't know enough. Try on an F.P. Journe Chronomètre Bleu, then your Macys trash, and tell me it' a "difference in taste"

You're lying through your fucking teeth because you don't know anything and if you'd only admit that, you wouldn't say stupid things like that.

>Reddit
>Actually having an internet site in mind when picking clothing

Are you literally fucking retarded you 16 year old mongoloid? I'm not saying you should just 'wear what you like', because your fashion sense is probably horendous, but don't base what you wear off some imaginary feud between 'Veeky Forums' and 'reddit'. If anything, I'd rather dress like 'reddit' than like 'Veeky Forums' because people on Veeky Forums are generally autistic no life retards, you know, like you.

cont.

Pic related is a F.P. Journe Chronomètre Bleu. They go for about $15,000. Your "beautiful" watch looks like a piece of shit in comparison

cont.

Pic related is a Patek Philippe 5970. I wouldn't let your shit ass watch be in the same room with this fucking masterpiece.

cont.

You may go "Hey, those are very expensive user. Of course they look great." and that's if you're even intelligent enough to see the beauty in them, which you probably aren't being a fucking twat you are calling some shitty junk behind a Macys counter "BEAUTIFUL"

Pic related is a Stowa Flieger. They go for maybe $800. It looks fucking great, it's built fucking great, it has a lot of fucking history behind it, and it shits all over your garbage """watch""".

Spend a penny less than $700 on a watch, get the fuck out of my face.

When you're rich and haven't told anyone in 10 minutes

found the underage

Lol as if you own that 5970, nice mid-range luxury F.P though kiddo

cont.

I'm sick of seeing these people praise and recommend these GARBAGE watches.

You don't NEED to wear a watch. Why wear a cheap watch that you are specifically wearing for fashion? Buying a cheap watch for utilitarian purposes, there is no problem, but buying a cheap watch to be some fake, wannabe, you deserve all of the scrutiny I am throwing.

You wear cheap trash and criticize me, you have your head up your ass and throw your money away with a smile on your face like a fool. Keep buying $600 shoes and then a $100 watch made in china you fucking backwards retards.

This is such simple shit in life. Quality over quantity. Delayed rewards by saving are more satisfying than taking the quick, cheap reward, you slow fucks.

I'm not saying I own anything. I'm explaining why stupid shit like is so stupid.

To disagree with me would be nonsensical. Twats like couldn't help themselves revealing their stupidity ASAP.

You must be going through some shit in your life, this is not a normal reaction

Yeah dude, you really need to tone it down, you are sounding kind of desperate, I don't think anyone is disputing the fact those watches are beautiful, it is just a shame people like you are representing them.

Absolutely nothing is wrong with the Eco-Drive. It has a great movement, energy stored for around 5-6 months in the capacitor on a full charge, no need for a battery. Not to mention the longevity of the Eco-Drives, fantastic. The dial is a standard military style dial, again nothing is wrong with that, looks aesthetically pleasing, similar to certain Timex's and Seiko 5's, works well, keeps time accurately, no need to get your panties in a bunch, starting to think you have an inferiority complex. Many watch collectors can appreciate these watches for exactly what they are, a good watch that does its job for a good price. Jesus, whats with people today.

Pic related, bought last week on eBay for $40usd, great price for a decent Chinese watch. Show me some hate.

I am a different user
I do not recommend Parnis. I hope yours lasts longer than mine did (8 months). not even worth repairing. Wasted 92usd imo

I don't get how you speak like you know what you're doing then buy chinese crap

I never said that this was a fantastic watch, but actually, yeah it is, for $40 from the seller I bought from, its amazing.

Here is the thing, and you'll soon see the irony in your post. Parnis is NOT a watch brand. They are Chinese watches that just use the 'Parnis' label to recognize it as a Chinese made homage. There are plenty of different Chinese companies that create 'Parnis'', and some of them use cheaper movements and materials, others use better materials and higher end movements. Now, the funny thing, as with most Chinese watches, if you do your research and find a reputable seller that has sold Parnis' to other watch enthusiasts and collectors, and you listen to their advice, you can find yourself a great Chinese watch, or a great 'Parnis'.

I hope you understand that I did not arbitrarily post a picture of a watch I ordered thinking it was fucking gold, and surprisingly I do my own research. Now, I suggest you research this too, and you can understand what Parnis watches really are. Looks like you got yourself a dud, with my research, I hope to avoid that.

see
it's the same guy, kek

I'm just sperging out, truly. I hate cheap watches and the reddit-tier acceptance and praise of them. If I see one more faggot recommend an Orient Mako or a Timex Weekender I'm going to shit into their mouth.

That watch you posted is fucking garbage. A Parnis, some chinese frankenstein POS, come the fuck on. Am I supposed to be impressed?

I'm serious. What reaction do you expect?

If you ask people about a shitty watch you're wearing who don't know about watches, they'll just go "it looks nice, yeah." or "it's cool" because that's the neutral, I-don't-know-anything-about-this-so-i'll-just-say-it's-nice, kind of response you'd expect.

If you ask people about a shitty watch you're wearing who know about watches they're going to say it's a piece of junk, why are you wearing it, are you serious, etc etc.

Why bother? You're either getting something totally neutral and empty, or a big critical opinion of your watch by anyone you'd care to impress.

The logic is just absent. Anyone that gives a single fuck will just think you're a twat for wearing some trash on your wrist.

>A Parnis, are you fucking kidding me?
That's what I thought immediately seeing your picture at first glance. That's how it will be IRL with anyone that gives a fuck about what watch you're wearing. Do you want that? I'm seriously asking you.

If you don't want to save your money for something special, something that is truly great, just don't wear anything. You'll save your money and won't be automatically considered a twat by anyone that gives a shit.

tfw

Bro, chill out, I never posted a $40 Parnis to impress you, holy shit, see my other post about how the quality of Parnis' differ.
There is a lot to respect in the ones that are made well.

But seriously dude, what do you have to gain from doing this? And why the fuck are you going back and forth between two watch threads, kek, and bashing reasonably priced, affordable, watches with great functions?

>If you ask people about a shitty watch you're wearing who don't know about watches, they'll just go "it looks nice, yeah." or "it's cool" because that's the neutral, I-don't-know-anything-about-this-so-i'll-just-say-it's-nice, kind of response you'd expect.

Yeah, that's true.

.If you ask people about a shitty watch you're wearing who know about watches they're going to say it's a piece of junk, why are you wearing it, are you serious, etc etc.

And no, not necessarily, again, many watch collectors own lower priced timepieces either for their functionality, sentimental value, or maybe it is just a good quality watch for the money? Fuck you are jaded,
still on with that inferiority complex, can't handle that people are appreciating the great watches they can afford at the price range they set.

Btw I wouldn't recommend a Timex, there are plenty of watches in that price range that offer more value for the money, like a Seiko 5 SNK809.

You are so goddam retarded, you know why people recommend these 'cheap' watches? Because they are the watches that people can afford, doesn't matter what point in life they are in. These are the watches people can afford that have a good build quality, good finishing, pleasing aesthetics, and best movements for the price. If you are still retarded enough to argue about buying higher end watches, then don't fucking post your autistic bullshit in a thread about buying affordable watches.

Calm down with your bro's and your chill outs dumb fuck. I don't care if it's what people can "afford". It's trash because you're too stupid to save your money. Wear trash like some wannabe shit and you'll be criticized. Deal with it. Your Parnis isn't getting any prizes, don't worry.

You don't buy cheap luxury items. You buy quality or shut the fuck up, because you clearly don't know shit.

I'll go on all day about this. Be my guest and keep replying with your bullshit if you want to turn this into some argument.

>a Parnis, are you fucking kidding me?
You're too cucked too say out that irl

I'm sorry that you are, but I'm not. Why would you be scared to say something like that? You think someone is going to attack you over saying their shitty watch is shitty? Fuck off, stop trying to project your pussy shit onto other people.

You are probably the only one of these 'Watch Experts' that would criticize someone for wearing a quality Seiko or Orient lol. You should spew your bullshit somewhere online where the experts and knowledgeable enthusiasts are, y'know the ones that have plenty of 'better' watches than you, I'm sure any real watch expert would fucking despise you, bro.

Again, you fundementally misunderstand watches. You are the watch owner that every legitimate watch owner despises. You give a terrible name to so many watch enthusiasts, you are quite literally the scum of the watch world. Go to any other forum and you'll be put in your place.

You buy $40 chinese watches. You don't know what quality is, you don't know any experts, and you don't own any watches significant enough to call you a "watch owner".

Again, you are a grade A fucking moron. The owner of a Maserati or Rolls royce, can still appreciate the features and speciality of a Ford f150 or a chevy. How are you so stupid?

But then again, you either go for that Maserati or don't own a car at all
Kek, get a load of this faggot

I own $40 watches because i can appreciate finer luxury watches and cheaper watches... I don't get your point?

>Likes fake Rolex shit like invicta 8926 and chinese garbage that is Seagull and Sthuhurling
>Bashes perfect combinations of price/quality/resale value that are Tudor and Breitling.

I hope you don't listen to this degenerate. Pathetic attempt at justifying being a poor and unmotivated little shitkicker. If you buy any of that cheap bullshit you'll lose money and look like a fucking loser to anyone you're attempting to impress.

Do you have any substance to your arguments about watches? Can you try and dispute my points instead of being like
"Hurrdurr my dad owns a Rolex, expensive watches are better cause they are expensive!"
Or
"someone told me that invictas are crap, so it must be true!!"
People can make up their own mind, come back when you have a basic understanding of watches or movements.

>rolex in tier 1
>seagull not in tier 3

Cars are not watches. You can admire the engineering of any vehicle as they are marvels of engineering ingenuity, to make something so complicated affordable and mass-produced. Watches are not admired in the way vehicles are. Cheap watches are not admirable. Quality watches are a marvel through their amount of detail, design, and craftsmanship; you see more the deeper you look. You appreciate how purposeful everything is. It's a pleasure to stare at this beautifully crafted timepiece that is with you at all times, possibly for the rest of your life. Vehicles are such complicated machines that they naturally convey a deepness and complexity to their creation that is marveling to delve into.

Comparing a vehicle to a watch, you're an idiot. The constituents of an inexpensive vehicle far outweigh them of an inexpensive watch. Get the fuck out.

Holy shit, someone else other than me that isn't a retarded, excuse making loser ITT? I was losing hope for a second. Thank you user. I appreciate the fact that you exist.

Again, you do know that people collect watches of every price range? From Seagulls to JLC and PP.

You are quite literally the biggest idiot I have ever seen commenting on watches that you will never be able to afford. Good luck with your literal mentally impaired comments about high end watches in a budget watch thread. Wrong place dude.

It's not that far off, I think you're too stupid to see the principle. Nice fluff to make you try and look smart though

May I ask you what watch you wear?

Kek same insecure poster

You don't really have any points there though, just desperate and insecure attempts to justify being unemployed/working at Walmart. A modern wristwatch is a status symbol, it's completely unnecessary given the fact every fucker out there has got an IPhone.

>Hublot and Longines are questionable at that price.
Yes they are hence them not being in group 1.

>How the fuck is Mido so low?
Mido is so low because it's extremely generic partially chinese bullshit. You lose at least 50% of the money the moment you walk out of the store with them because no one wants that garbage.

>Stowa & Constant
Same reasons as MIDO + with constant you also get pathetic attempts to rip off the JLC, Cartier, Patek designs. Pure shit.

>Invicta8926 diver so great durrr
Yeah m8, a Rolex Submariner copy with a cheap shit Seiko movement inside is a definition of greatness.

>Seagull
"CHINA MADE" at 6 o'clock position. Great if you're applying for a role of a circus clown I suppose.

>Tudor and Breitling are shit durr
...Really just shut the fuck up.

Nice fluff to make me look smart? Who says shit like this? It's not that far off? Wow, thanks Einstein. You didn't think so a second ago because you were the one to bring it up. Are you implying that you don't mean what you say or are you admitting to me that you're wrong?

What's it going to be? What game do you want to play now?

no

Gotta educate the plebs user, can't let people who buy shit because they can't afford good stuff convince others to buy shit as well in order to make themselves feel adequate

>Yeah m8, a Rolex Submariner copy with a cheap shit Seiko movement inside is a definition of greatness.
I love this guy.
I agree with you, 100%.

Horology feels intensify

Oh wow.
I'm sorry I must have tripped you here. Why, each one of us has a pet peeve, cheap watches may be yours for all it's worth.

Only I think you've misinterpreted my initial message a little. You see, you seem to be making a point of cheap watches being despicable to people who know about watches, and neutral to those who don't. And that may as well be true in the social surrounding you're in.

Well, I can only be sorry for not being there, You see, I am a college student from a not-so-well-off Eastern European country. One's average salary is somewhere around 550 euros/month. That, and the fact that I am a college student gives you the surrounding where most of the watches people I socialize with wear are Skagens/Seikos/Lorus/Fossil/G-Shocks, and also Guess/Emporio Armani/Michael Kors if we take females into account.

You will find little watch aficionados around there do despise me for this hypothetical Eco-Drive I don't even have, so the only points I think are right to consider are style (and I like that watch in how understated and no-frills it is, which would make it easier for me to incorporate into most of my outfits), reliability and price. Which is pretty much the reason I like that Eco-Drive watch.

So yeah. Not to say your metrics are wrong, they're just not very applicable to the situation I'm in.

I'm starting to really believe that you have issues. They're in different classes of watches, generally you don't compare Mido to Pateks... Again, you going on about God knows what, fundementally misunderstanding watches. You might as well write off Rolex for their despicable copying of Blancpains original diver watch. Good logic. And nobody is arguing about the resale value of cheaper watches.... Holy fuck, cheap Japanese watches SHOULDN'T BE compared to high end Swiss watches. What don't you fucking get?

And you're going to defend Tudor and Breitling as the cream of the crop lol whatta idiot

You're talking to two different people. You also don't seem to read what you reply to. You should start doing that. It's called "listening" IRL.

Same poster, nice! Don't suggest high end watches in a low end watch thread, what's so hard, spread this shit in your own thread somewhere else. Let people discuss cheaper watches if they like.

Here you are. Deal with the fact that you are wrong.

Wrong about being able to appreciate both higher and lower end watches?

>Rolex and Blancpain
Both came out in 1953 and the only similar parts they share are rotating bezels. Nice attempt though, not desperate at all.

>Comparing Midos to Pateks

No one compares Mido to a Patek you fucking moron. Spending money on a Mido is a fucking waste because for twice the budget you can get a pre-owned Tudor.

>Cheap jap watches
I wasn't even saying anything about those however wearing a $200 Orient and sitting next to a bum who reeks of his own piss on public transport go hand in hand. Work harder fucker.

>Breitling and Tudor cream of the crop

No one said that moron. Breitling and Tudor (maybe Oris as well) are the least expensive options a man can strap to his wrist without losing dignity.

And to put this all into perspective for you, every post about a certain grade of watch should be based on their value for the money. Not their value compared to one of a higher value. This isn't a criticism about any watches or an appraisal of any right now, it's just relativity, a simple concept for most to grasp.

>REEEEEEE POORFAGS GET OUT OF MY THRE...YOUR THREAD!!!11

I love that you're quick to Google, clicking on the first link that came up when you type 'Rolex Blancpain'
Again, nice attempt to make it seem like you know about watches. You almost quote word for word one of the comments on the first Google result lol
It is alright to be called out once in a while

>I love that you're quick to Google, clicking on the first link that came up when you type 'Rolex Blancpain'

That's pretty specific of you. It's almost as if you didn't know and googled it yourself.

Of course, how the fuck would i have known it was the first Google result if i didn't check lol
It doesn't take much to fool people, i know you can use Google anytime to make people think you know stuff kek

Jeez dude your posts are worse than melania trumps speech

>what is the capital of france?
Paris
>hurrrr durrr you're 2 quick 2 google

you're so desperate to keep credibility lol it's not working though

hi

>no answer
really makes you think

Truth.

>All bodies are beautiful
No
>Everybody deserves happines
No
>All watches are great :)
No

Fucking leftist scum

Snagged this vintage piece of Ebay for $230. Is it effay?

Yes If it keeps good time (+- 20sec/day)

Note to others: If you dont want have much money but still want to wear a big boy watch get a cool vintage

Really beautiful

Max Bill is a truly gifted designer

don't have*

WIS detected

You'd know that these kind of watches are pricey and revered because of their movement, not their design. Aesthetically in terms of design and pure design they aren't especially stand out, because they are designed by watchmakers and not designers. They are pretty, but if any of those had a quartz movement and said 'Tissot' on them then you'd be trashing them.

While the guy that commented on that ugly Citizen has no taste, you are still presenting expensive watches in the wrong light, look at a Braun Aw10 or Nomos Metro for an idea on how aestheticism can rule over watchmaking tradition and heritage in watch design.

I've already slipped in what I'm wearing in a very nice picture of it . I wear this on a daily basis because it is durable, beautiful, but inexpensive enough to where if it was stolen and I couldn't retrieve it, I wouldn't be as sad as my following piece. I've owned several Stowa watches, an Omega Seamaster, Nomos Orion, a couple of JLC's that I quickly sold soon after realizing I only bought them for the wow factor of JLC and didn't truly love them. I still own my Speedmaster Pro, but only because it was a special gift from my grandfather and I don't wear it, ever. It has taken testing the waters, but I've come to only keep the really special watches.

My most favorite watch by far is my F.P. Journe Chronomètre Bleu that I bought in Manhatten several months ago . I took me one year to buy it and I will never part with it. I love it. pic related is not mine, though. I almost never wear it. I've worn it on a date one single time and I wish I didn't. I'll keep it until I die. I fucking love F. P. Journe.

I'm not a snob inside practicality. I don't wear fancy watches that cost in the four digits when I'm going to the grocery store. I have the money to wear my Flieger or my white face Marine for anything, though. Anyone that gives a shit, does. You can admire a Stowa, IMO, to an extent. I have a soft spot for German watches.

It's fine if it works, but I don't like Bumpers at all.

Just got it today so I haven't had a chance to check its accuracy. Seller had it serviced and everything appears to be original except for the crystal.

Bumpers definitely have a different feel. I was surprised I got it for what I paid. I think it slipped under most people's noses because it is an "unmarked" Seamaster.

Hope it's not a lemon user, wear it in good health

how long will a vintage mint condition watch hold that goes for ~$500

For what you paid, it's great if it's all there. The cost doesn't matter if it's a good watch and that is a good watch. $230 gets you garbage in unused prices.
this 100%. I've messed with some vintage watches that I was surprised to get for what I paid and subsequently sold.

If you don't treat it like shit and service it once every two years it'll last a while

Depends on the brand. Omega is probably your best bet because of their vintage database and the fact that any competent watchmaker can service them.

>tfw we've liberated this thread of shitty ass watches

It feels good to conquer and destroy degeneracy.

Hellyeah user

I dislike explorer 2s, look like something Fossil would make.

Have you ever seen it in real lfie? It wasn't my first choice, it looked extremely bland on the pictures. The plan was to buy pic related at first, however upon seeing e2 for the first time in real life and trying it on the wrist I was sold. It's much better looking in person and everything about it makes sense once it's on the wrist. It's perfectly in balance. Newest gen is a nono though

They look much better IRL, especially that one.

pic related is what I consider to be the ugly one.

They fucked up the proportions on 216. A 42mm that wears like a 45mm with fat woman fingers for hands. Nicer bracelet though