Veeky Forums x Veeky Forums

Because we can't always be skeletons.
Post routines, diets, goals, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program)
scribd.com/doc/24235484/Badass-eBook#scribd).
amazon.com/gp/product/B0081JG7SQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want lewd /cm/ pictures.

>Routine
An AB split that basically breaks down like this (I need to modify this, slipped a disk recently):

A:
- Bench
- Row
- Weighted Pull-Ups
- Shrugs
- Various Core Work
- 30 Min Run

B:
- Squats
- Deadlifts
- OHPs
- Curls, Tricep Dips, other admittedly stupid crap
- Various Core Work
- 30 Minute Run

I also do other cardio outside of the 30 minute runs.

>Diets
Don't calorie count, I just avoid carbs as much as possible and have a cheat meal once a week. I've admittedly probably gotta work on this a bit more.

>Goals
I was bulking earlier this summer, let myself get up to like 15-17%, and saw some genuinely fucking awful photos of myself so I'm basically trying to cut like mad.

>tfw no Veeky Forums bf to fugg me

Patty, you are truly a master of giving advice of which I have already greatly benefited from. In your opinion, what would be the best introductory set / workout plan to lifting for an 18 year old male who currently only does some light running. (No free weight experience) Thank you for being the steady light guiding the sinking ship of Veeky Forums to shore.

What kind of shoes are you running in?

Posting routine, right now I only have dumbells and a bench
>1/3

>2/3

>3/3
>Goals
Kinda skinnyfat, which I don't like, working to lose fat and gain muscle, plus my face is chubby.
>Diets
I don't have a specific plan, but I stay away from generally unhealthy foods and have been drinking more water, I feel better since I've been doing that

I don't really know what to do to achieve an athletic body. I'm starting to cut because noticeably my BMI is on the edge overweight. I started to do cardio and cut my input. Don't expect to get fit over the summer, just to reach my target weight.

But I would like to get an advice for dieting. Staying over my parents, my mother loves making smoothies. She doesn't put sugar in them, but is consuming two much sweet fruit a bad thing.

Thank you!

As for a basic routine, there are two camps:

CAMP 1: Some people think you should lean hard into building a baseline level of strength, which means you should go do Starting Strength until your central nervous system is shocked into compliance and you get your noob gains out of the way. Problem is, this has as tendency to overprioritize leg strength, and frankly isn't going to look great.

CAMP 2: Some people think you should just get into a basic aesthetics routine and take it slow. This tends to result in fewer immediate strength gains (and the CNS development is slower), but avoids the fatty t-rex mode that Camp 1 tends to generate. In other words, you're trading speed of development for so-called aesthetics. This is typically the approach taken by many endurance athletes, as they get paranoid about losing speed.

I did Camp 1 for years, ended up having to work my way out of it, and kinda regretted the experience, mostly due to my own fault. I'm still trying to lean out, unfortunately.

If I were you, I'd split the proverbial baby. Do Starting Strength (startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program) for about a month to shock your CNS into action, and then immediately swap over to a bodybuilding program like Built like a Badass (scribd.com/doc/24235484/Badass-eBook#scribd). Don't lock yourself into any one program, but definitely experiment - a lot of my best routine discoveries have been idiosyncratic to me (e.g. though I hate the OHP, I get better results from it than an inclined bench press because I'm lazy with the latter). Routines have this bad effect of encouraging laziness ("I'm done with my routine, time to go home!"), so it's better for you to play it loose and stay at the gym longer than it is to lock into a routine and be lazy.

Some Saucony Virratas.
amazon.com/gp/product/B0081JG7SQ

I'd only half recommend them, I honestly need more ankle support.

You are the best thank you so much!!

Fruit is generally fine, stay away from juice. Eat vegetables with fiber and alot of properly cooked chicken/turkey/beans etc, along with starting a beginner weightlifting plan ( strong lifts / starting strength ) If your trying to lose fat and put on muscle, don't worry about your weight for now.

Thanks, user.

Is there even a single photo of someone even ATTEMPTING slackercore x Veeky Forums ?

I want to put some mass on but EVERYTHING I own is thrifed and fits slackercore more than anything else.

Can these be mixed?

Anyone know how to achieve crossplay Veeky Forums aesthetic?

>Cosplay aesthetic
Wouldn't this be based on the person you're trying to cosplay as?

>cosplaying a drawing of an idea being cosplayed
That's some deep meta stuff.

you mongs have no place giving out fitness advice tbqh

Monday Upper 1:
Bench 4x 4-6
Row 3x 6-8
Incline DB 3x 8-12
Chin ups 3x 8-12
Triceps 3x 8-12
Biceps 3x 8-12
Lateral Raise 3x 8-12

Tuesday Lower 1
Squat or Deadlift 4x 4-6
Leg extension 3x 8-12
Leg curl 3x 8-12
Standing calf 4x 6-8

Thursday Upper 2
Flat Dumbbell Press 3x 8-12
Lat Pull Down 3x 8-12
Over Head Press 3x 8-12
Row 3x 8-12
Chest Flys 2x 12-15
Triceps 2x 12-15
Biceps 2x 12-15

Friday Lower 2
Leg Press 3x 8-12
RDL 3x 8-12
Leg extension 3x 8-12
Leg curl 3 x 8-12
Seated calf 4x 8-12

Dress like a Jojo character preferably from Part 4.

I'm skinny fat. What will cutting carbs do for me?

>Skinny fat
>Doesnt realise diet is more important than any meme routine

Height: 6 ft 1
Current Weight - 208.6 lbs
Original weight - 215 lbs
Goal weight - 175 lbs
Diet/Exercise routine: On week 3

Exercise:
Training for open water 3 mile swim. I swim 90+ minutes every other day (breast stroke and some butterfly, I hate freestyle because of water getting in my ears).

My workouts typically burn 1200+ calories.

Diet:
I use myfitnesspal to track every calorie I eat. I get 2200 calories on non-workout days and workout days I get 3000.

I don't drink anything besides water and black coffee. I stopped eating anything with high sugar/high calories. Stopped eating fast food. Basically eating healthy and keeping under my caloric limit daily.

I also ended a relationship with someone who had a food addiction. It was impossible to lose weight when I was spending time with them. I've been at 215 for about a year and fucking hated it. With my current progress, I should be at 175 by late winter/early spring 2017.

One thing that is hard, but I've finally managed is that I'm on a medicine that causes weight gain. I need the medicine to live, so I've finally just had to battle against the urges to eat shitty food.

Also, I've been swimming for the past year and a half (which is why I can do 90+ minute nonstop swims), however I ate so many fucking calories that I couldn't lose any weight. I was stagnant at 215 for a year.

The short answer: cutting carbs is a good way to cut caloric intake which will help you lose weight.

Carbs tend to burn off quickly and make you feel less full, meaning that - theoretically - even if you did just try to eat the same amount of calories but focused on stuff like proteins and fats, you'd eat fewer calories because you'd feel fuller faster.

There's no guarantee that cutting carbs will not make you skinnyfat, but it'll certainly help.

He said "crossplay" you blind fucks
I would say be skinny and do some leg. I always wanted to be a cutie crossplayer

Do any of you have advice for lunches you can make ahead of time that aren't grilled chicken and raw veggies? I can do that for a little while but I get tired of the same meal pretty quickly.

I'm working a desk job that has fuck all for healthy choices around it so I want to bring in lunch but most of the recipes I'm looking at either are salads, which are fine, or very spartan, bland meals.

Look into Korean BBQ sauces. You can basically marinate the shit out of meat for a bit, throw it in a pan or on a grill, cook the shit out of it, and it tastes AMAZING by itself. For added legitimacy, add some kimchi and stuff like that. I do the same with soy sauce often, but it doesn't have the same sort of lasting effect.

(That said, be careful, some variants of KBBQ sauce are super high in sugar - read the back of the jar)

Yeah, the sugar in a lot of Asian dishes kills me, I'll hunt around though thanks.

I think you're the only good trip I've seen on this entire site.

garlic black bean sauce

Are you actually lifting to look good? Because that's not how you do it. I know muh strength routine muh basics is what most people will tell you, but if you want some real hypertrophy as an intermediate you need volume. More rowing with different elbow orientation, more arm work, more chest isolation. Where are the flys? Where are the lateral raises? Where are your upper back rows? Why are you isolating traps of all things when you're getting more than enough traps work from deadlifts and rows?

On top of that there's no reason to squat and then deadlift on the same day when you're not looking to compete and you're doing each twice a week only.

If you ask me this is what everyone's routine who is looking to actually gain some muscle mass on 2-day split should look something like:

A:
-Squat
-Bench
-Flys
-Shoulder press
-Flared elbow rows
-Tricep extension

B:
-Deadlift
-Pullups/machine pulldows (probably pulldowns because most people doing pullups just don't get enough reps in)
-Tucked elbow rows
-Lateral raise
-Bicep curls
-Hamstring curls

And you're looking at 3/4 sets with 10-15 reps. Volume is absolutely key once you've been in it 6 months - a year.

not to be a dick but 7lbs is a long day and a big shit. I used to cut 19 in a day, trust the mirror not the scale if its under 15lbs of fluctuation for weight.

Not intermediate. Been lifting for 8+ years. I'm not new to this shit - I have multiple certs, including the CSCS (and like Rippetoe I let mine expire haha) I also have other sports I participate in where I'm having to futz around with my training regimen a lot around comps, so I'm not strictly on a strength/aesthetics program.

>Squats and deads on the same day
Trying to de-prioritize. I aim for lower volume. Part of that has to do with the other sports - saw negative effects when I was splitting up the squats/DL and upping the volume when combined with LSD cardio. Shameful from a Veeky Forums perspective, admittedly, but getting good sports results.
>Pec flys
Pure bench because I might do a natty comp on just bench (slipped disk = no squats/deads for me). I'm staying consistently at about 315x5, but tend to drop about 10-15 lbs if I start tooling around with other pec lifts. Totally agree that I should work them back in when I'm not trying to get pure numbers.
>Lateral raises
I've always just preferred varying up my grip on the OHP. If you're talking volume, sure, any exercise is good at that point. Not a huge fan of lateral raises, mostly because form degrades at any real weight.
>Isolating traps
Sport reasons + weakness of traps in the DL. I spotted them as a characteristic weakness and began to do shrugs to see if it'd help. (The answer: barely)
>Rows on rows
Varied/weighted pull-ups, chin-ups, etc. more or less handle that goal, on top of varying up row grip/stance. But sure, again, if you're talking volume game, easy addition. I'm also a bit past using dumbbells sub-100lbs or most lat pull-down machines except to try ineffectually to show off.

tl;dr: Not as dumb as I sound.

ey bro
do u use any thing like pre workout
i feel sluggish whenever i start working out because im coming from a 2 year hiatus aka fat shit

idk bro im just a sad pupper

Aight thx user, how's being a cutie crossplayer working for you?

My mistake. I guess I should have asked about goals and history before spouting off like that.

Any suggestions on getting ottermode

I'm 5'5 pussy repellent
Is working out my last hope or should I just kill myself

Disregard females. Acquire Tricky Rick

no worries brah I do it all the time but much worse

>preworkout
Nah. As addicted to caffeine as I am, PWO tends to be a bad idea because the crash afterwards makes me a bit useless. In other words, the high isn't super high but the low is annoying as hell.

>>Because we can't always be skeletons.
>>manlets
>>skinnyfats
>>teenagers

How grotesque

Not as impressive as some other stories, but I'd like to share:
Got out of a 4-year-long toxic relationship last April. Decided to finally do something with my weight again. I'm 178cm (5'10"), my highest point was about 96kg (211lbs) back in 2008, the last years I was stable around 81kg (178lbs). I started swimming years ago, but in hindsight I ate far too much to lose any weight. After the break-up last year I started to lazily track my calories (with my obsessive personality accurate tracking would drive me insane) and some lifting. Unfortunately I suffered a bad shoulder injury last fall, which hindered me from lifting and swimming. My parents borrowed me their stationary bike, so I started doing a lot of cardio during the cold months while watching Netflix. The last months I started to get back into swimming, even participated in a small triathlon relay event (900 meters, 0.55 miles) which went great. Slowly getting better with my shoulder injury while training running as well for a company competition this fall - doing cardio about 4-5 times a week now while eating clean. I'm now at 67kg (148lbs) and a body fat percentage of approx. 14%. Slowly getting where I want to be. Feeling great, clothes fit better and get positive feedback from grills.
Thanks for reading!

I got a very masculine face, good thing is I don't grow any facial hair at all. I still need to lose weight (both muscle and fat) to look more femenine.

I used to wrestle for years, been training Muay Thai for two years. How to lose muscle mass in legs fast?

C6W

want to hit 5pl8 by the end of the year on DL and squat

want to be able to smoothly hit 2,5pl8 on bench w/o my shoulder fucking up (AC seperation blows)

low fat high protein of course for diet

This pls, was a track jumper for 4ish years and my thighs are gross

Reduce protein consumption while losing weight and skip resistance trianing.

Don't lose those legs man, women love them. Just find a pair of jeans that works for you. It's going to be so much more rewarding. You're a man, don't fucks with nut huggers

I run a DUP program for powerlifting with a lot of accessory work mixed in for aesthetic purposes. Training is periodized into a 27-day macrocycle comprised of 3, 9-day microcycles.

Day 1 - Volume squats + legs
Day 2 - High intensity bench + upper
Day 3 - Mid-volume deadlifts + back
Day 4 - Mid-volume squats + legs
Day 5 - Volume bench + upper
Day 6 - High intensity deadlifts + back
Day 7 - Mid-volume bench + upper
Day 8 - High intensity squats + legs
Day 9 - Volume deadlifts + back

3 days on, 1 day off. I deload at the end of the macrocycle, then adjust numbers based on RPE and max projection.

Diet is IIFYM but I try to keep it healthy. My only vices are instant ramen and juice because they're an easy carb source and my carbs are crazy high.

Yo Veeky Forums, I've started a training programme as I want to start boxing in mid-September. At the moment I'm focussing on cardio with some circuits.

I'm going on 3 8k runs a week, going to up this to 4 next week. I'm also doing circuit training three times a week, currently doing this x3 with no rest times:
Lunges x20
Press-ups x15
Cycles x20
Burpees x10
Dumbell rows x10
Skipping 30s
Plank 30s
40 star-jumps

Anyone got any tips for the circuit? Im going to buy a pull-up bar and throw in chin-ups and pull-ups soon. I'm pretty clueless atm and pretty unfit after smoking and drinking too much for a few years so any advice would be cool

Bumping for this - relevant to interests