Gucci appreciation thread

How can other brands even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z9lHqFpO7CQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TWdSi0Xw4u0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Expensive but orgasmic

gucci has really been incredibly on the ball lately and i've never been more pissed off to not have the money for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=z9lHqFpO7CQ

Even their fucking campaigns are incredible

i feel you. i don't know whether to shell 900 dollars to buy this. i just spent around 1k on an slp sweater and would feel guilty but it's just so beautiful

i need to start dealing dope or something because i can't even afford to fix my cars busted radiator rn, let alone buy a 900 dollar sweater.

i'm hoping my luck is good and these designs will start trickling down onto grailed at about the same time my finances get a little easier

Spanish inquisition core?

The thing I love most about Gucci is that you can still do your own take on the look by thrifting and shopping vintage stores because many of the pieces are based on vintage garments, whereas other brands have such a distinct niche look that's impossible to replicate with anything else.

So that's what I've been trying to do with pic related, some of my recent thrift finds. The black velour jacket on the right is my favourite, found it in the women's section and is a little cropped with perfect proportions. Planning to thrift a bow / tie blouse to go with it or just a shirt + grosgrain ribbon (would buy the Gucci version if it was

And some rings I've thrifted over the last couple of months. Alessandro has the most amazing collection of rings (and furniture and art and antiques and everything honestly) so I'm trying to do my own on a budget lol. I'm planning to save up for some of the actual Gucci rings, they just put up a bunch of new ones on the website a few days ago.

Alessandro is honestly so FUCKING inspiring because his work is so ridiculously fucking authentic and congruent with his life and tastes. THIS GUY FUCKING LIVES IN A MEDIEVAL VILLAGE FOR FUCKS SAKE.Been getting into Gregorian chants too because he uses them in some of his shows.

Fit of yours, I'm curious

I think I honestly just want to have his life and his style, I've never been so enamoured by a designer.

Recently really been realizing that people with really COOL style have a "base look", in that if you took away the clothes they were wearing they would still have a look, a combination of their build, facial features, hair, tattoos, piercings, glasses, or whatever. THEN you build on top of that with clothes and it really produces something awesome. Whenever I go thrifting I see dudes that are obviously not "fashion" guys like me but are like 50 times cooler than me, and I know I'll never ever be on that level of cool because that's not something you can just buy your way into. It makes my jaw drop every time. Blows my mind.

So yeah Michele himself really has that about him too, fashion jesus with such a worn in setup of t shirt and jeans and some loafers or w/e with all these rings. Simple but deadly. FUCK so good

A recent 1, cream colored womens blouse, pleated at front and back yokes with embroidery on the collar tips that you can't see + thrifted bolo tie + yohji pants

And a pair of these or something of the like would be my ideal shoes for it

Fire emoji

Currently debating the feline head ring or the lion head ring... I think I'll definitely start with accessories first then maybe if I have enough money I'd buy a pair of denim. Everything else is way too expensive :(

Michele's personal rings. Love the 2 ring on 1 finger thing going on and all his stuff definitely looks way way elevated, like actual estate jewelry / stuff you'd see at auctions, not in thrift stores.

Or maybe Italian thrift stores just have better stuff lol

And some more. God FUCKING DAMN I can't stop having fashion orgasms whenever I see something Gucci or Alessandro related

Hello gemsmuseum

Actually these mary janes would be fucking perfect for that fit if not for the extra buckle going over the front of the shoe, but regardless these are fucking fantastic and nobody else is doing mary janes for men that I'm aware of. Fuck I want these so bad he just puts out so much sheer product there's always something in it for you when you dissect the collections even if the looks don't stand out in particular

And how the man himself wears it. So fucking good with those athletic striped socks. I'm gonna maybe start posting Gucci fit ideas and stuff that you could do by thrifting

THREAD SOUNDTRACK

youtube.com/watch?v=TWdSi0Xw4u0

i always liked michelles gucci but i really never could imagine who would wear any of it
does anyone actually have any figures as to how well its been selling

dude tons of people are wearing gucci

well it's mostly industry insiders, then a ton of celebrities have been catching on via their stylists, then alot of the wealthy asian consumers have been shifting to it

so yeah it's been doing pretty well, always see articles every few months of growth at gucci

the new gucci has only been around for a year and a half, it's going to take a while for it to catch on at a larger scale, but give it a few years and it'll be pretty huge. it's already made pretty big waves in the industry, you see alot of it influencing other designers and the general shift towards romanticism and history in fashion. the new gucci is at the forefront of this.

how to get into this romanticism

fo sho
you see a lot of teenage upper (upper) class toting all gucci everything these days
and to be honest , that's who gucci is really catering to i feel

even with this new romanticism. gucci will still be a rich nigger brand

No luxury brand caters to teenagers lol
The element of youth caters to older customers with money who want to feel young

Dude, it's awesome.

please please post more fits

Yea maybe in the 50s

i'm talking about the established luxury houses. teenagers are not who keep their brand going.

I don't really do fit pics anymore cbf to meticulously set up a camera etc to capture an image that's an awfully poor representation of the look irl

No argument there, Gucci is the best

im in love with those pants

I have a bowl cut and wear glasses today i tried on a bunch of big gucciesque frames i could totally go for this look

?

I never expected it.

Have an ig or something?