Were there many black roman citizens ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lusius_Quietus#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's possible.

Boi don u know WE FOUNDED urope and shiet

Scipio AFRICANUS was black

No.

There were Roman citizens of practically every race from Europe, North Africa, The Levant and Eurasia

Blacks literally never lived in any of those places.

>Who are the Aksum or Nubians

>Aksum
>Nubia
Not Europe
Not Mediterranean
Not North Africa
Not Eurasia

>Axum and Nubia
>Located in Europe, North Africa, The Levant and Eurasia

Am i the only one found that Scipio looks like Phil Collins ?

Rome never controlled Axum...

Nubians were in Egypt because WE WUZ and Aksumites were also in North Africa
I mean if you want to be terribly autistic they did not originate there but they were present in North African populations.

Looks more like Mussolini desu senpai

>Nubians in Egypt
How? They didn't control Egypt anymore

>Axum
Look at where Ethiopia is on the map. It's not in North Africa

>present
We would have written records then.

So how did blacks from those populations end up in Roman lands? Magical Yakub powers?

They were there just not in great numbers.

My point exactly. I told you they were present in North Africa in some fashion.

>How? They didn't control Egypt anymore
>you need to control a region to live there

Okay then. It just doesn't validate OP's question of there being many blacks in the empire.

Many is subjective.

Is that so?

>No Nubians lived in Egypt after Nubians left power
This isnt Total War

Just like Germanicus was blond and blue eyed

Stop being facetious you fag

there's nubians in egypt in total war

None that were mentioned no. The Romans didn't really have many dealings with Black tribes in North Africa. Their presence there was ultimately minor compared to the rest of their empire.

I'm guessing that when they took control of Egypt, there would have been Nubians in the south

Here
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lusius_Quietus#

Lucius Quietus was a commander for the Romans Berber Calvary division and is explicitly mentioned to be dark skinned with tangled hair. He was at least partially black, given that Berber is more of a cultural group than an ethnic one and there was a lot of intermixing between both Caucasian-Berbers and Afro-Berbers.

NOS FVIMVZ IMPERATORES ET MERDA

and Brittanicus was short and had bad teeth

Maybe a few, but talking applying modern conceptions of race to the ancient world is stupid and unproductive. Only racial supremacists who want to feel good about their miserable lives through taking credit for the accomplishments of others give a shit about it.

kek

were there any Indians in Rome?

Maybe a few Ethiops and black North Africans, they aren't really documented so not many.

DESIGNATED

There wouldn't have been that many even after the entire Empire's free population was made citizens after 212 A.D. The only point of contact between sub-saharan Africa and the Roman Empire was Axum and it is unlikely that many slaves were sent north from them. There were probably a few freed slaves from back in the day who became citizens but I doubt it would have added up to more than a few hundred or thousands.

Yes quite a few in Egypt.

They were probably plenty of black people in the roman empire, however the question was, were they roman citizens?

I doubt it.

Literally every free born man under the empire was a citizen after 212

No, black slaves (and therefore also black liberti) were something very exotic

I remember reading about a black playwright. Dunno if he was a citizen.

>His main achievements were during the Second Punic War where he is best known for defeating Hannibal at the final battle at Zama, one of the feats that earned him the agnomen Africanus.

Literally the beginning of his Wikipedia article

>dark skin means black
>tangled hair is unique to black africans
dark skinned most likely just means "darker than our skin"