How does Veeky Forums feel about Hawaiian shirts or other dad apparel

How does Veeky Forums feel about Hawaiian shirts or other dad apparel.

do you think it's "hip to be a square?"

>do you think it's "hip to be a square?"
If you look at all similar to pic related, no. If you look like a pale basement wizard with dorky glasses and don't know how to wear them you'll just look like a joke. Here's the rules of the aloha/floral shirt:

1. NEVER wear anything underneath it
2. True aloha shirts are worn loose with the first couple buttons undone. Authentic ones have the print on the inside so the outside is less vibrant. Inside out, basically.
3. Don't get anything too obnoxiously bright or with too ridiculous of pattern. Palm trees, flowers, waves are dope. All of those plus a Woodie, surfboards, and hulas in bikinis is not. Minimal in the sense of what's going on is the best.
4. Everything else you wear with it should be low key. Solid color shorts/slacks, shoes/flip flops, hat, etc. I think they look great under a solid color cardigan or a jacket.

If the shirt's just floral and not necessarily Hawaiian or aloha related it's more acceptable to wear a more tapered shirt. Still, NEVER fucking button that top button under any circumstances.

what is you opinion on tucking loose shirts?

wear them like this

Are you talking about tucking an aloha shirt? No fucking way.

I don't tuck anything unless if it's a formal occasion, and it has to be REALLY formal.

In fact I have separate alohas for special occasions. Wearing those is like my version of "dressing up"

lol no

What about tucking floral shirts?

If the pattern is smaller and the shirt is cut like a dress shirt then I guess. A simply way to tell is if the bottom hem is flat all the way around: untuck. If it dips down in the front and back from the cuts on the side: tuck.

But, like I said, I rarely ever tuck my shirts in.

>No fucking way.
thats just u man

It's not the 80's anymore and you're not Tom Selleck.

>In fact I have separate alohas for special occasions.
>m'lady

You're telling me you don't have separate shirts to wear to special occasions?

Learn from the master

Of course I do, but they aren't shirts that are meant for lounging at a beach. Hawaiian shirts are inherently informal. That's kinda like saying you have formal flip-flops or a formal tank top.

Not in Hawai'i, bruddah.

so only tom selleck can tuck his hawaiian shirt

in the eighties

got it man

You're welcome.

hawaiian shirts arent even hawaiian. they were created by an asian to sell to tourists.

Yes

you have shit taste.

why is this man so beautiful

>you have shit taste.
Why? Because I don't think tucked in blouses look good?

Too many factors to be a yes or no

>fit
>print
>the rest of your clothes
And most importantly
>how attractive you are

Too closed minded for me.

depends on how you wear it. They are not inherently bad, just hard to pull of and not look like a jimmy buffet fan

gitman vintage

had to get it it the second I saw it

>wearing a shirt untucked
>ever
>in any circumstances

everything in this post is incorrect.

wear it buttoned to the top, and wear it with sweat pants or joggers. it should be slim fitting , not loose. flowers, palm trees, are old manish prints. go for sailboats, or critters, or sea horses, something playful.

like pic related

I thought I was Veeky Forums wearing my floral shirt open with a graphic shirt under it. Fuck I'm stupid

>wear it with sweat pants or joggers
wtf

gotta be bait

Is that Andrew VanWyngarden form MGMT?

elias from iceage

That looks pretty good, especially if you want people to know you are gay at first glance.

Elias is that you?

cool elias cosplay

also, clean up your fucking room faggot

disgusting flat footed peasant

>tfw

ignore those faggots, it's a good fit

stop with the keychain though

>being this empty of a human as to completely copy someone else's look

He literally copied the second picture posted in this thread down to the fucking keychain.

Welcome to fashion, retard.

Fuck off, sheep.

Start trying to be a trend setter instead of a mindless Veeky Forums clone, faggot.

Forgive my ignorance. What is the difference between just floral and a hawaiian shirt?

which one out these 3 should i get

3. I kinda like the first one too.

Hawaiian shirts tend to have specific cuts (boxy, with a straight hem) and are often made with rayon or viscose blends. Floral is technically just a pattern, not a "style" of shirt.

Could you wear Hawaiian t-shirts in the fall/ winter seasons ?

très

What do you think lads?

disgusting

true vintage or nothing