perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/fragsplits/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want. Helpful info could include gender, price range, climate/season, need (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.

Frag caddy reco?

Are you speaking Romanian or something? Can you run that by me in English?

FRAG CADDY RECO
FRAG CADDY RECO
FRAG CADDY RECO
FRAG CADDY RECO

Ok. Tried the 4 AbbottNYC fragrances. I'm not going to go into great detail. I liked everything but Mojave. All four is just really cologney, standard , and safe. Nothing special at all. I'll probably pick up a bottle of The Cape because I'm looking for a nice safe every day type of scent and this just did it for me. Good alternative in a sea of Bleu de Chanel.

what didn't you like about Mojave?

i have and love la nuit, chanel bleu, d&g pour homme and light blue

please tell me where to go next

Depends on what you're looking for. Winter fragrance? Summer fragrance? You wanna get into niche?

been using la nuit for a couple of years now and thinking about finding something new

la nuit is probably the spiciest i can pull off, rather have something that has a sweet spicyness to it

any recs?

I think la nuit is pretty damn sweet. I've had people say that I smell like cotton candy

yeah i'm looking for something similar desu
just gotten sick of it after using it for two years

Diptyque Eau Duelle reminds me of La Nuit, but if La Nuit had a vanilla base instead of its vetiver/caraway one

Fragrance caddy recommendation

well for what i know pour homme and la nuit are winter and bleu and light blue are summer

they all get me a lot of compliments but for what i get they're all pleb tier

i can afford better now so, what are some sweet subtle fragances on the top tier?

I have a great solution to organizing my samples, but what do you envision a "fragrance caddy" to be? I think you mean a "cabinet...?"

Thoughts on Armaf Club de Nuit Intense? Is the hype real, is it really a Aventus killer?

please please please someone help me find a cologne with a scent as close to this pomade as possible

it's an arabian sandalwood or some shit like that, it's fuckin delicious

>Sandalwood and Vetiver scent
according to the store

What are some good wood or tobacco-scented candles that cost less than $50?

pic kinda related - too pricy htough

Any thoughts on L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent Parfum Intense?

have y'all tried CB room with a view? considering blind buying

GUERLAIN VETIVER OR HOMME LEAU BOISEE

QUICK

guerlain

theyre both guerlain you retard

vetiver
don't you sass me

ty senpai

no its shit and smells like lemon pledge and cedar

Every fragance gives me a headache, except when cute guys cuddle with me and they smell of Aqua di Gio or any other mall-tier fragance.

I prefer neutral scents and until now the only thing I use to add spice to my scent is rubbing Nag Champa on my clothes.

Is the Play-Doh fragance autistic?

>butt hurt he paid 20x more for the real thing when he could have spent 20 bucks for an exact clone

Just ordered a bottle of pic related after smelling the EDP. Would have bought a bottle of the EDP but couldn't find it anywhere. Anybody have experience with both? Do they differ only in performance or does the smell vary somewhat?

Why does Colin Maillard suck so much? As far as fragrance reviewers go, he writes the least autistic but is somehow the most annoying. He's like if a washed-up, bitter Brent Dicrescenzo decided to write about perfumes. I'd honestly rather read some jock tweet-review about spicebomb.

>Would have bought a bottle of the EDP but couldn't find it anywhere.
found several on Amazon for $18 and posted the link here. Funny thing is the price started going up for the next week or so. They pop up on Amazon from time to time, saw another box at some Koreaboo website.

Imaginary Authors makes some good shit, but the price they charge is pretty criminal. I heard apparently they raised their price and made their bottles smaller at the same time, than paid a bunch of youtubers to shill their product. Pretty grimey.

Sadly no EDP listed on the Canuckistan version of Amazon.

I should add: none listed for a decent price, that is.

Can't find any good prices on US Amazon, but they do pop up.

I have both. Absolutely Guerlain Vetiver. Buy two bottles.

I have both and the Armaf is in no way even close to Aventus. I'm not against clones when they're done well - La Yuqawam is as good as Tuscan Leather - but CDNI is no LY.

Looking for a fragrance, going to try to apply the proper terms as I'm unfamiliar with specific scents
>18, male, short and severe babyface without stubble
>trying to downplay youthful appearance; overall lessen perception of being "boyish"
>live in NJ, temperate environment
>going off to college in September
>want a f/w masculine cologne to help further compensate
Was thinking towards woody scents, but my concern is picking a fragrance that is blatantly out of place on someone such as myself. Compensating without proper subtlety easily becomes overtly obvious, which I wish to avoid. I don't wanna put people off.

I have used Armani Code and Curve in the past, disliked Curve, but Armani Code seemed pretty fair as a general use, "fresh" smelling cologne.

Considerations currently are Burberry London and Hermes Terre D'Hermes

GV will make a man out of you, lad.

>butthurt he cant afford aventus and has to convince himself cdni is as good
its ok poorboi im sure you'll find a good split someday

Joop!

which is the best fragrance for picking up qts in a club, fuck hard and never call again

Believe it or not, CK intense euphoria is pretty great for a spicy sweet frag

One Million because the girls that do that sort of thing have done it before and recognise that scent. Chances are they have gone home with someone who wore it; and probably will again.

>rubbing Nag Champa on my clothes
>tfw tried shitloads of nag champa perfumes and none of them smell like the incense

How the fuck does that sound like Romanian?
t. actual romanian

I dunno, say something in Romanian for us so we can compare

No
Do you want to seem like this guy? Then wear "masculine older men" frags like GV and Caron Yatagan whilst tipping your hat for m'ladies

Or, just get something from the last 15 years and not too expensive, like everyone else under 25. Unforgivable by Sean John might be a good choice

What do you think?

Bvlgari Man in Black, any opinions?

Do women really like the way Aventus smells? I finally sampled it, and it smells "nice" to me, but I don't see how it is an attractive scent. Does anybody here have real-world experience with getting compliments from aventus? I just don't see it happening.

Dude, you need to just play with the cards you've been dealt. Don't try and be something you're not; especially don't try to "appear" older by spraying on Eau Sauvage or Guerlain Vetiver. People will just think you're wearing your dad's aftershave. You're 18 years old ffs. Just wear Spicebomb or something

i'm 22 male and going to work welding for a living. i want something that is light but lasts all day easily. Something that says i live in a nice meadow but in a good way

also i aspire to be cute, i don't know if that matters

Try some Heeley fragrances. Fits your description perfectly.

The only fragrance that actually lasts on my skin is stuff made by Montale. WTF. Nothing from tom ford projects on my skin, armani code profumo turns to a skin scent in like 2 hours, Creed Aventus can't even smell it after 2 hours either. I ask people around me if they can smell me and they always say no unless I'm wearing Montale. What gives?

Your skin chemistry is fucked up. Just keep trying things from different brands and see what works.

This is the response I half expected. Any recommendations that are appropriate for college age but are more on the masculine end of the spectrum? I dress with a milsurp /mild americana sorta style since I am of an agricultural background, so something young but not too young, masculine but not too the point where I am remniscent of a korean war draftee. Something more unique than more standard mall tier brands, but not more than say, 100 a bottle.

Get to eBay, buy a bottle of Marc Jacobs Bang.

>but it's department store-tier!

It was too good for the department stores, which is why it got discontinued in a hurry. It keeps its comfy, contemporary drydown awake with black pepper. It's manly but not elderly, and the pepper makes it seem familiar without being the old 'wear what her father wore' trick when you're trying to get along with the ladies.

I've tried a bunch. I think I'm just going to stick with Montale

Anyone got a recommendation for the Autumn season with Montale ?

Marc Jacobs Bang would probably be overkill for college, its super peppery.

I would recommend:
L'homme by YSL
Dior Sauvage
Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme
Club De Nuit Intense Man by Armaf
The One EDP by Dolce and Gabanna
^These are all extremely masculine without being over the top

For what it's worth, I don't even think GV is "old" or mature smelling at all. It's just a great woody, earthy, soapy EDT that doesn't shout frat boy like many of your peers' fragrances will.

Lalique Encre Noire Sport, but not the original. Also mall-tier to you means designer, and many designer do the same thing as niche for a fraction of the price.

Hey guys! Just wanted to say that if you don't want to buy a full bottle of a niche fragrance, hop on a split over at reddit.com/r/fragsplits/

The splitters there do multiple of high end fragrances.

>splits with strangers over the internet
Why would anyone do this?

never clicked on a fragrance thread before so I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but does anybody have experience with CDG Wonderwood?

anyone know where in nyc i can get free sample bottles of frags? i'm looking at cdg play green and tom ford's neroli portofino but i don't wanna get the full bottle if they don't work, you know?

Any anons have personal experience with Etro Vetiver? How does it compare to other vetiver fragrances?

>that doesn't shout frat boy
A gentleman and escolar. I myself am wearing Royall Bay Rhum today, those around me (chiefly my mother) consider it my signature scent.

I eschew such modern fragrances as might be based on mall brands. Panty dropper? More like date rapist! I always hold the door for m'ladies and shower them with kindness; so far they have only repaid me with the friend zone but I know it is only a matter of time before a fair maiden sees why I am not like some trashy 'club kid' who wears Paco Rabanne and Creed vulgarities.

Anyone here tried pic related before, or any of the original Eau Sauvages for that matter? I really like what I've read about it, but most recommend it for older men...

Easiest: Sephora, although at least in LA, some stores have more higher end stuff than others. Also any high end dept store: Saks, Barneys, Niemans etc., but you have to be able to schmooze the sales rep a little.

It's rootier and "damper" than most. Not bright or fresh. I love it, but I really love vetiver.

The original ES smells like a really nice lemon Pledge. Pleasant but boring imo, and poor longevity. I respect it as the landmark frag it is however. ESP is very different and the only one I own. Incredible what you can do with three notes. It is an amazing scent, but I suppose it has a certain gravitas that skews more mature, not old, but someone with experience. Highly recommend sampling.

I bought this and John Varvatos "Vintage". The Dreamer has a bit of a bad start because when I initially apply it the initial strength of the smell is a bit bad but when it weakens out it has a very rough sweet scent that I just can't get over its so good. John Varvato's Vintage has a nice manly initial scent and when it begins to wear out it smells of leather and tobacco. Two very good scents. I recommend "The Dreamer" for a summer fit and "Vintage" with menswear..

Yeah I love it, it's great. Very smooth, hint of sweetness but only a tad, and it's a very natural kind of woody sweetness instead of a refined sugar sweetness. Floats around you wonderfully - amazing spring scent.

Just ordered some Tobacco Vanille and Noir Extreme samples.

I love NE; never tried TV. Hoping it lives up to the hype.

Tobacco Vanille smells horrid. Like old grandmother. Never understood the hype. TF Noir de Noir , oud wood, and Tuscan Leather are much better.

Think I might just blind buy Dior Sauvage. It's highly praised by all youtube reviewers, known as a huge female compliment getter, and also people have a bunch of stories getting complimented on it. How popular is the stuff now though. I feel like every guy is probably using this juice now.

>never understood the hype
I've actually never smelled tobacco vanille, but usually when someone says this about a very well respected frag, it's because they smelled it on a card or they sprayed and scrubbed.

It's very important to judge a frag only after at least one full day wearing, preferably several. It should be sprayed at the strength you usually wear a frag, never dabbed, and never ever on clothes or paper or whatever.

What you're doing is the frag equivalent of judging a recipe after subbing out a few ingredients and skipping the complicated steps.

Well most people don't have the money to spend over $200 for a niche bottle and there aren't a lot of boutique shops that allows customers to sample. Having said that, that subreddit only have a few splitters (5) who are approved, not random splitters. Bottles and receipts are provided.

I'm just trying to spread the word since I notice a few guys here have questions regarding some niche fragrances that are hard to come by. Splits are a great way to sample them first instead of just "pulling the trigger" on a 200 plus dollar fragrance. Fragsplits is one of the best places to acquire samples or a smaller portion than 50/100ml.

Please stop, the last thing we need is more teenagers clamoring for another aventus split every 2 weeks

>23, architecture student, in gradschool in North East

last cologne I used was Light Blue direct from the mall. I have not used cologne in about 10 months, which feels good -- my gf says she is used to the natural way I smell now and likes it (dem pheromones).

I liked light blue because it was fresh and smelled "nice", but I disliked how alcoholy and synthetic it smelled. I'm not sure if it blended with my skin smell either.

Considering buying cologne that is crisp and fresh, that does not have that processed smell. Probably niche that will mix with my natural smell.

Any options or anons looking for the same thing?

thanks senpai

do you have it? what would you describe the fragrance like?

>niche
biehl parfumkunstwerke gs01 or tom daxon iridium

If I lose weight will fragrances actually smell better on my skin.

Not who you're replying to, but I don't get it either. I have a sample but I have to scrub it off when I try it. And I don't mind tobacco fragrances usually.

Yeah general rule is
"do not wear fragrance if bmi over 17"

watch some reviews
it's been said to smell very closely to chez bond and davidoff cool water

i've been thinking of picking up noir extreme
is it a worthy replacement of la nuit?

looking for a night scent. wanna try something different than la nuit.

mid 20s
minimal techno/streetwear
comfortable spending up to $200

>implying Creed isn't niche
popularity has no bearing on "niche" status what so ever. production volume and the related criteria of availability are the only considerations as per industry standards

Any recs on colognes with hints of floral or vanilla? I'm looking for something general purpose day to day. I'd spend $150 on a good size bottle.

Thanks in advance.

> but I don't get it either. I have a sample but I have to scrub it off when I try it
and there you go. there are plenty of top-tier frags that come off strange or unappealing after you spray but become godly after the initial drydown

this is why plebs shouldn't be allowed to post frag reviews
you can get creed at walgreens, it is not niche

Can somebody recommend an autumn frag. is terre hermes suitable?

>$300+ perfume
>Walgreens

yeah, no. i'm gonna need proof.

cdg black?