Why don't you have a pair of 501 STF levis yet?

Why don't you have a pair of 501 STF levis yet?

>higher waist
>button fly
>iconic
>amazing price ($70s)
>great slim fit (fucking tailor em if u don't like the fit)
>raw

Stop tucking in your shirts into low waisted pants you look awful

Other urls found in this thread:

mydbsupply.com/shop/levi_s_501_original_shrink_to_fit_jeans_501-0000/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have some, great choice for the price. Gotta be careful with the shrink/wear process, though - mine progressively stretched over time.

I bet they unshrink after extended wear. It would make sense somewhat

Seems about right. I periodically re-shrunk them and they lasted me about 2-3 years of pretty intense wear (I'd wear them as beater jeans when, for example, off camping). Only now seeing crotch blowout. Can't complain.

Because the color shade is shit

>amazing price ($70s)

You guys are going to have to learn how to shop.

501s fade so nicely

Regular price is what I was referring to. Regular price is $68. I got mine for $30 or so. Either way if $70 is a lot for you get off Veeky Forums

Shit that's impressive. I'm hyped to wear my pair.

I'd rather wear raf

Best price I've found online for no bullshit full size run

mydbsupply.com/shop/levi_s_501_original_shrink_to_fit_jeans_501-0000/

Let me know if you cop

amazon is cheaper on some styles

Levi's is a bullshit brand and their quality for the exact same shit is inconsistent. That's why I never buy levis from sears, kohl's etc it's different. I trust western businesses.

levi's made and crafted are my fave for beaters

lvc 501 > levis 501

Jeans are out of style and uncomfortable compared to the alternatives.

Jeans will never be out of style are you autistic

My gf bought me a pair of black 511s from kohls I think, they have like blue selvedge and fit really poorly and don't stretch nearly as well as pairs I've bought from other places.
What are some places to avoid/look for when buying them?

>shrink to fit
realistically, how much can they shrink? I'm a tall skellington so the size of 511s or 513s is optimal

It's not location per se, it's a bit more complex than that.

First, the 511 moniker is kinda huge at this point because it's popular. The reason the black may not stretch is because they likely have a smaller percentage of lycra (or none at all) compared to your other pair. Check the tag.

Second, the fits apparently have more to do with factory than anything else, though I believe there's variance across the board. To that end, I'd google around to find specifics, or just try the jeans on before buying them.

To be honest, those rules kinda apply to the high-end brands equally: lycra is more comfy but fake, and fits vary even in the best brands (though obviously the variance is much less obvious), so trying shit on is pretty important.

Because 511 are the best fit for men of any size.

>realistically, how much can they shrink?
In the waist, they shrunk down 4 sizes but stretched back out to 2 sizes smaller than that on the tag.

In length, they tend to shrink also about 4 sizes but stay there. This is because (1) there's more fabric vertically to shrink and (2) you're not pulling downward on the fabric as much.

So a 34x34 would shrink down to a 31/32x31 or so, but that's just kinda a rough guesstimate.

>low waisted
nah

You can find these at TJ Maxx where I live

Yes.
Any higher waisted makes it look like you are wearing dad jeans.

lol is this 2008
you're allowed to wear normal rise pants, you don't have to settle for the ol plumbers crack anymore

I got a pair for $20 at TJ Maxx. They're really nicely higher waisted; I'm happy with them.

501 rise isn't high enough as they used to be

I was asking more about the fit. call me retarded but I've never used shrink-to-fit jeans and have no idea how they work.

if I have really skinny legs, will the pant leg conform to my leg leading to a slimmer fit? or will it stay baggy loose 501-style

>baggy loose 501-style
this only happens if you've sized up too much in the waist

>you don't have to settle for the ol plumbers crack anymore
I'm glad we are moving away from this

I'm
and I'm a skellington so everything looks baggy.

do you have any pics for reference? of you wearing them?

i can confidently say pic related is how 501s fit on a skelly, being one myself

damn, looking good. measurements?

S V E R I G E
V
E
R
I
G
E

what's the difference between the fits? there are like 4 types of 501 on their website.

>>amazing price ($70s)
>>great slim fit (fucking tailor em if u don't like the fit)
lmao what
Or just buy jeans that fit you for $20 on eBay

the 501s you see on the website are all the same, just different colors

Because I own a few pair of 501 CT's which are objectively superior.

>tapered cut so I don't look homeless
>zipper fly
>were 30 buckeroos

where did you find 501 cts with a zipper fly?

I have no idea, I bought them a while ago.

Tilly's maybe?

I really don't believe that

the reviews are different and the names are different

i'm on the website right now

there are only 501s and 501 cts. two fits.

yeah like I said what's the difference?

there's also shrink-to-fit btw

Hard to get 'em in Australia. One of you yanks could likely make some money shipping them to Australians on Veeky Forums.

These jeans absolutely crush my dick and balls. They make crouching or kneeling impossible and don't even sit that high on the waist. The only good thing about them is the taper at the leg opening. Besides that they are not functional.

i really like the dark stonewash 501s

i had the lvc 1978 501s and i prefer the regular levis brand 501s

the 501 ct have a taper, compared to the 501 originals straight leg

How did you go sizing them?
I also get a feeling the STF you bought years ago are different from the ones they sell now

My bad.

They are straight fit, but the diameter does shrink throughout the leg. I would say, like indicates, it's pretty much based on your waist size. As such, they will almost certainly look a bit baggy.

I just did what a lot of people do - size up 2-3 sizes in both measurements, shrink 'em, and go. Given the size delta, you really can't try them on, as you'll never really know the "Real" size until you shrink them. Thankfully, they're cheap as fuck.

W2C jeans with a 511 fit with a mid rise

whats the difference between 513 and 501?
are they slimmer? lower rise?

Because I'm under 45 years old and don't have a 36 inch waist

Pic not related I assume

513s are low waisted and use a thinner stretchier material. they might be a touch slimmer than 501s.

I hope you raped her for buying you such a shit pair.

>there's an age limit on having taste

I have to buy 511s and taper the calves/ankles.
Guess I have skinny legs.
Could hide a shotgun and 12 handguns in a pair of 501s with me.

thanks

do you know whats the difference between 522 and 501CT? theyre both tapered, both high-rise... i cant tell from pictures

so the new trend is wide leg jeans, obviously, but how do yall feel about the new 505C?

I kinda prefer the taper because i am lanky as fuck & i feel the 501 is just a touch too dadcore than i'm comfortable with. especially since my dad still actually wears them.

Levis 522 and size down one or two inches in the waist

522 is a bit slimmer fitting imo

522s are actually low waisted. compare the product descriptions of 501cts and 522s
>sits below waist
there's just a longer fly on 522s, i assume that's there for some kind of comfort drop crotch effect.

522s are also typically made of thinner lighter fabric. which may incorporate some stretch.

>522s are actually low waisted.
>there's just a longer fly

couldn't you just size down in the waist, and pull it up to make it high-waisted? or would that not work because of the fit of the crotch?

you could definitely try. i feel like that may cause some issues though, seeing as they're not designed to be worn up around the waist.