Why do most older women cut their hair short?

Why do most older women cut their hair short?

In my experience you very very rarely see an older women with longer hair than shoulder-length, and a big percentage even have pixie cuts or similar. Is there a reason for this?

Shorter cuts are seen as more mature and long hair is seen as youthful. Dunno why though.

But seeing how older people do their best to appear youthful that doesn't make sense though, does it?
Or is long hair considered inappropriate on an older woman? I've never heard it myself, but maybe I'm just not hanging out with old people enough.

>Or is long hair considered inappropriate on an older woman?
It kinda is, I'm a girl and I've heard it from other women. It's seen the same way as older women wearing skimpy clothes or wearing lots of make-up.

idk most short older women I've seen are still sluts looking for moar dick.

Because long hair can be a pain in the ass and most older women are married and have children already therefor they don't give a fuck

older married people give up on their appearance. not entirely, but mostly.

don't know why but they do

because long hair can be incredibly high maintenance, in some cases even hindering

Hair starts thinning after menopause as well. Longer hair can get scraggly.

Ding ding ding

Yes, people will give you shit if you're an old or middle aged lady with long hair. Kind of like how old babushkas had to wear scarves on their heads when they got old because seeing their hair was inappropriate, it's a relic of the past but some people just accept it as is and judge old ladies for having long hair.

>tfw have the same hair as an old korean woman

are you a boy?

yes

that's cute, post pic?

Women, young or old, should not wear much makeup or dress skimpy.

Does Martha Argerich wear long hair well?

Older people's hair gets frizzy, split and grey at the tips

she was such a hotty back in the day tbqh

Not if they take care of it, just like all other hair
Just look at those old hippies who don't blow dry or dye their hair, it's actually very nice

I post in the longhaircommunity forums a lot and there's a shittonne of old women with really pretty long hair

But it's like the anons above said, some people think it's trashy for some reason

menopause

my mother can't even grow long hair

ding ding ding

also when you start going grey the shorter the hair the easier it is to color.

I know in Ireland anyway when women got married it used to be customary to cut your hair short. This is changing however but many women still have short hair it's probably a mixture of old tradition, being easier to colour and take care of etc as hair thins and greys with age.