Why do poor people dress so badly?

Why do poor people dress so badly?

cause they don't care about looking good and would rather spend the money cider and cigarettes and giant TVs

cause they don't have money to buy decent clothes because they spend it on food and paying bills

But they all shop at Primark.

It's not even hard to have a shirt and trousers

Please post a pic of you with timestamp so we can judge you. Fkn snob

fashion isnt within their hierarchy of needs

>Primark instead of Saville Row
found your problem

this thread has no point

reported

not all of them
i live off student support money and still dress decently for my taste
but the problem is I have to wear same outfits quite often because I have no money to buy new pieces at least monthly

It's a matter of taste.
When everybody is wearing jeans+tee+hoody+sweats+sneakers, all oversized, and that's what the stores show you until you go ask for some specific different piece, you'll think THAT'S how normal people dress, THAT'S how your taste will develop, THAT'S what you'll wear.
Fitting in is more important that looking good, for most people.

let's show us one mainstreet lookbook where that's the case

Well what kind of poor are you talking, enough to not worry about necessity like food, water, and housing but dont have much extra money but enough to spend on hobbies if budgeted right or poeple that can not even concern them with fashion and are barely scrapping by.

Being a poorfag in the former category and know many people that reside in that category alot of them do dress like shit and mainly by choice.

This is mainly because being poor puts a emphasis on the cost of items rather than how piece fit together and aesthetic.

It also has created a culture that is against shopping at thrift stores because it is low cost and therefore looked at as cheap and low quality.

Theres no reason to talk about the latter because clothes are merely need to be functional and whether it looks good is unimportant.

Im mainly talking about the black community because thats the community i live in.

lookbooks don't work for the average person. Most people don't take their looks from look books but from who is around them and where they need to fit in.

because they don't have money??? better question is why is OP so dense

stupid poor people
I have more money than you

i was thinking about this too, you can make a decent fit out of shit from uniqlo and that is very cheap clothing

they spend their money on the wrong shit and do not have good taste i think

it's not even that they can't afford to look decent because most of the time what they are wearing cost about the same price as stuff at uniqlo and H&M

/thread

>Im mainly talking about the black community because thats the community i live in
poor black people are living in a completely different world than the blacks i go to college with.

>true religion jeans
>rugby polos
>gaudy belts
>jordans
>Those ugly as fuck prada shoes

i think they get their inspo from rappers mostly

i like scumwave

Scumwave=been out of work?? You are a strange little man

I used to work at a dry cleaner in an area full of poor african immigrants
They spend all their money on clothes and new cellphones
They're a very narcissistic people

They NEVER put their phones in their bags or pockets, because they feel the need to show off their new phone to everyone.
When they need to use both hands, they won't put the phone in their pocket, they'll leave it on the counter.
I lost count how many times they flat out forgot their phones and drove off. coming back hours later asking if they left their phone here.

They're also really shit with money management. You'd be surprised how often these people gets their cards declined for shit as little as a $10 transaction

The funniest parts is when they bring in fake designer clothes.
Most often it's fake versace and fake burberry t-shirts
They always feel the need to point out that it's designer shit and to take care of it.
Then I point out that it's fake.
Naturally they say it's real, but then I show them the proof.
The most common is the tag and how shitty it's stitched on is always a dead give away

Also there's the guys who wear's women's blouses and thinks they're men's shirts. They get so defensive about it.
My favorite is when their friends are around and they start laughing at him.

But yeah, that's the end of my blogpost

Google Maslow pyramid
/thread

Because we have more to worry about than buying brand name clothing that's a dozen times the price.

you sound like a massive prick, mate

>They NEVER put their phones in their bags or pockets, because they feel the need to show off their new phone to everyone.
Definitely not because they have large social circles and frequently message each other
>Then I point out that it's fake.
bb who hurt u

>Definitely not because they have large social circles and frequently message each other
Nope
The vast majority don't talk or text on their phone at all while they're in there
The worst ones are the ones who have their islam music blaring through those shitty 2w speakers

>bb who hurt u
That doesn't make sense

Probably
But I at least have self awareness

wow lazy and retarded congrats

>falling for the fabric jew

Good goy, thanks for buying that 700$ jacket, I bet people will love you and care about you now.

Wow, some immense triggering going on in this ITT. You guys really need to grow thicker skin.

Well it was a dumb thing to write.what did you want.just loads of people laughing at people without jobs.

Why do homeless people look so effay?

All you people saying that it's an issue of money are fucking stupid. There are thrift stores and department stores that sell cheap basics. Besides, it's obvious that many poor people DO spend a lot on clothes, take a walk through the ghetto and just count all the people wearing $100+ sneakers.

The fact is that poor people are fucking stupid. It's not their fault of course, as they were probably raised by other children because their mothers worked three jobs and their fathers were just not present. And education systems in poor areas suck pretty bad, assuming they make it through high school at all.
Anyways, the fact that they're stupid makes them much more susceptible to advertising, which makes them put a TON of importance on brand names. So they spend their clothes money on stuff brand name stuff that will be as flashy as possible so that their peers, who also eat up advertisements like McDs, think they're cool.

different priorities mate. shit thread btw

Because they're poor.

You absolute dragon.

the waiting lists for saville row tailors are preposterously long anyway

Is that jon lajoie

yes, have you never seen his oldest songs, based on his persona E=MCVagina?