Cargo shorts

Are cargo shorts really that bad?

I have big legs thanks to fitness so chino shorts fit like shit unless I take XL but that defeats the purpose. Pic related fits great but I don't want to look autistic.

so from now on when you search for shorts make sure to find "relaxed" or "regular" fit shorts, not "slim" fit

>Are cargo shorts really that bad?
'yes'

Why? Because they cover the knee?

I do that already

Umm, I wouldn't
The thing with cargo shorts is the pockets make the shorts look a lot bigger and it totally fucks the overall aesthetic

Perhaps a stupid question but if cargo shorts are so terrible then why would a brand like Ralph Lauren still make them?

In any case, I just ordered 6 chino shorts so let's hope the fit.

because retards and dads buy them

Because people buy them

cargo shorts are bad in fashion because they are primarily a utility item, which means they have a lot of aesthetic destroying pockets and stitching. You obviously won't be using them for the utility so only buy them if you want to destroy your silhouette and look like a vietnam-war poser at the same time

Chino shorts look fine, even on big legged people, just buy ones that arent stupid pastel colors and go down far enough so you don't look like a fuckn clown. Look up prep and americana summer inspo and you will find lots of big legged men wearing chino shorts just fine.

If you absolutely can't find chino shorts you like, you can find some nice military inspired shorts that are neither chinos nor cargos. I've seen a few likeable ones based off of South African and Saharan expeditions

>cargo shorts

Anybody bashing on cargo shorts is clearly a moron who lacks knowledge in anything outside of urban and suburban encounters. Cargo shorts are generally 40% fashion and 60% function, sometimes if you're lucky you can get around 50/50. Cargo shorts are great for all sorts of outdoor activities like fishing, hiking, etc. Heck, you can even find some cargo shorts that are a tad bit fashionable.

Honestly bringing up cargo shorts on Veeky Forums is a general mistake as you'll have autist dictating dress to you when they're solely consumers and only care about pleasing others rather themselves and are willing to suffer inconvenience and unnecessary hardship in that quest of whoring themselves out.

The cargo shorts that people talk about when they refer to cargo shorts are made of heavy cotton, and so terrible for any serious hiking or fishing.

this fit isnt good whyd you post it

>ou obviously won't be using them for the utility
Well desu without a coat I have no room to put my wallet and keys. Cargo shorts kinda solve that.

>great for outdoor activities

not at all. having big bulky pockets with shit in them makes you so much less agile and it's annoying to have the shit in them bouncing off your leg all the time.

just wear a small backpack, looks infinitely better and is way less cumbersome.

Problem is people forget that and damn something in its entirety. Not all cargo shorts are made equal, as with everything. I'm sick of the typical Veeky Forums autist screeching about cargo shorts.

Dude, you're probably retarded, I'm sorry. Tell yourself anything that'll make you feel cargo shorts are the poorer choice. In the end of the day you're missing out, and I'm not.

I've tried Cargo shorts though. I go hiking quite a bit and enjoy camping and fishing when I can find the time, but cargo shorts always just piss me off when I put shit in the pockets and they just bang angainst my knees when I'm moving.

Backpacks are just superior. Way more comfortable, less cumbersome, with way more utility and space. I can carry my lunch and water and keys in my pack, then wear comfortable running shorts to I can move easily and be comfortable all day.

I don't see how any of this is "retarded" and I dont see any real merit to cargo shorts. Not to mention that they make you look like a middle schooler.

What do you care what Veeky Forums thinks when you're out in the bush? They looks stupid when you wear them in the city, and that's what Veeky Forums cares about.

>makes you so much less agile
shit man, if agility is that important to you go outside naked. Otherwise, use stuff to tie down the shorts to your body

How much D&D do you play?

lmao how do you thiNk agility isn't important while hiking. if you're on anything other than a trail it's nice to be able to move comfortably.

>tie the shorts to your body
how retarded are you