/wg/ - Watch General

>What are you wearing?
>Do you own a collection? Show it.
>What do you plan on buying in the future?

>Post watch news.
>Post your questions.

I didn't see a thread dedicated to watches. So I'm starting one.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Seiko-SNK393K-Automatic-Stainless-Steel/dp/B000MFS3ZC
watchdeals24.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What (smart)watch is Obama wearing?

That's the GO+

>What are you wearing?

Z serial polar explorer 16570

>Do you own a collection? Show it.

I also have an Oris Artelier Date which I received as a present but don't wear much.

>What do you plan on buying in the future?

Grande Reverso Duo, white crystal Milgauss 116400 and a 36mm Datejust. No haute horology plans so far because because knowing myself I'd just keep watches like that in a drawer instead of wearing them.

Whats the best watch for someone in the military who eill frequently be in or near warer. solar or automatic, not quartz
Price maxes at 225, 20bar water resistant preferred

Seiko SKX, Orient Ray 2 or Mako 2 divers are your only quality choices. Can't expect many options for your budget m8

Of those, are any hackable for when they gain or lose time?

Orients are both hackable and hand windinable, SKX isn't. Expect accuracy in +/-10 sec/day range

>Whats the best watch for someone in the military who eill frequently be in or near water

no gshocks fit the bill? many are solar/atomic and 200m "resistant", though i think only higher end models guarantee 20bar. many in the military swear by them.

I'm okay with gshock, but im female so most will be fuckhuge on my wrist

any recommendations for a watch under $300? Ik thats pretty broad but am interested in anything

Automatic, solar, or quartz?

Battery, not quartz

Seiko Sarb017, 035 or 033.

SMP

Does anyone know anything about this watch? It's a Bulova 10k gold bezel with the number 90300 on the back. It was a family member's but they died and I know nothing about it. Watchophilia.com is actually dedicated to Bulova watch information but you need to be a professional or familiar with it to really ID something like this.

It looks early 60s to me

worth maybe $50-$100 on eBay judging from similar sales

Thank you. Probably not worth the appraisal cost then.

put pineapple on other wrist
bonus points for bacon strap

Nigga if thats an accutron, hold on to it. Possibly look into getting it repaired if it doesn't work

Was looking to get my first watch and looking to spend less than £100, I quite like the Casio A159WGEA-1EF but what would you guys recommend?

Why is that? I see some that are very valuable and some that aren't. My granddad did tend to buy some retardedly expensive stuff though. I don't wear watches or I might keep it.

now close this shit.

shit meant to link to /g/ how do u even do that

nuke launcher no. 1

>>/g/55735923

doesnt work
I think this is it

i learned something new to day, thanks user.

ID?

What does Veeky Forums think of this watch? I'm thinking of buying it and replacing the strap with a leather one.

Just got my new raketa

just copped this MVMT watch probably the best cop of the year. get lots of compliments. AMAZING watch.

>choosing to represent your wrist with pink gold painted chinese garbage
>ever

lol wtf are you wearing faggot?

Is there anything with the brown strap and white face that's cheaper though? I can't drop $110 on a watch

if you don't mind the chrome peeling go for it, I very much like these but prefer the all black versions because of that detail

Sorry user but this is genuinely embarrassing

No watch is better than shit watch pal, stick to using your phone until you can afford something decent

shiggy diggy

Did you use promo code burr?

Cool, this is mine. I bought it from a nice user here

I know this is fake, what's off about it though?

that's the least disastrous looking russian watch I've seen in my entire life

I'm seriously amazed

I had no idea they had it in them to make something that doesn't make me want to claw my eyes out

oh my god, you are a huge faggot. mvmt is basically apex pleb. just kill yourself right away.

>listens to jeremy clarkson once

I have a cute watch!

Should I ?

thats fake u retard

Don't give a fuck

What about this?

Fitbit

Hi Veeky Forums, user from /k/ and /out/ here.

I've always liked the Seiko field watches but I've always wondered where I can see a comprehensive listing of them. They can be found all over the internet, but I can't seem to find them on Seiko's website.

Pokemon

literally google 'list of seikos' and clicked the first link to find seiko 5s

Sorry, I guess I should have expressed myself more clearly.

Why aren't all of the seikos on the seiko website?

Nothing

What has Jeremy in common with the watch?

>solar or automatic, not quartz

Solar IS quartz.

You can't get anything decent in your price range that's mechanical. You can't really get any decent quartz in your price range, but maybe a Citizen Nighthawk if you want analog? You could track a second timezone on deployment.

Everything. It looks like shit.

Vostok Amphibia, with a red NATO strap. Sorry for the picture, only one that I could find online. I get a ton of complements on it, though. Great purchase, all in all.

applied markers coming off
date window doesn't align evenly
dial color and material not even close
all three hands are misshapen

Ball Trainmaster for today

all these consumer brainwashed idiots buying $50,000+ watches when the best watch is pic related at 1/100000 the price.

Open your eyes sheeple. this is what the jews want you to do

Yeah, I was too tired of big flashy watches. And it fits and looks quite nice

Picked it because it's the most complex blue dial I've ever seen and has in house calibre

The only big cons is that it runs too fast.
But you can always adjust the time.
10/10 watch

My dad gave this to me as my 21st birthday present, I love it, but I don't think I've earned the right to wear it though.

I need a watch for work. One that goes with my 16 year old boy face and pale sickly complexion.

Budget is $100 btw. Please and thanks

budget is $100 forgot to add.

Pic related maybe?

amazon.com/Seiko-SNK393K-Automatic-Stainless-Steel/dp/B000MFS3ZC

Bought some watches in this website with great price and still are functioning great watchdeals24.com/
I bought this one for ex

Sarb masterrace

Saw that watch on eBay for $1.95

38.5mm (blue) vs 41.5mm (black)?

Looks like a turbine. Cool.

Don't you have calculator in your mobile phone?

blue

snap

>Guy is talking to me
>Goes to show me something on his phone
>Sleeve rides up to reveal big gold watch
Is there anything that identifies a douche more quickly than a large watch, especially when it's gold? Dropped instantly

Looking for a nice, minimalist watch. Just your average run of the mill Joe. I don't make too much money to buy a $200-$300 watch.

is that dancing with the stars? my grandma is always talking about that show. sorry I don't own a television

Also I want it so I won't be distraught when it gets dirty because I do work as a barista in a local coffee shop. Not Starbucks trash.

Lmao, say goodbye to your money for a subpar watch that'll stop working in a year or so.

Just go to a dept. store and find something you like in your price range if you don't care that much, got my daily wear (standard black strap, silver face, normal numerals) for 60 euro in 2012 and I shit you not I wear this thing almost every waking hour of every day and it's been amazing. Alternatively, use a department store for inspiration and then go online and find the same thing for cheaper

>wearing a watch for the brand
>not wearing it out of entirely practical and aesthetic reasons
You know how rarely people REALLY look at other people's watches? You might notice whether it's a leather or metal strap, or what size it is, or if it's digital or analogue but the observations stop there

I was gonna go with MVMT, it's in my comfortable price range, and I wouldn't care much seeing as it's just simplistic and plain.

my first watch, is it alright?

poorfags shouldn't wear watches. Either you have a nice one. or you end up walking around in some shitty MVMT or Brathwait looking like an idiot

Let me go ahead and list the reasons why the Vostok Amphibia is the best watch for under 300 dollars:
>Large variety of styles
>More waterproof than watches well past 400 USD (It can survive well past the rated 200m)
>Invincible due to simplistic Soviet engineering
>Looks great
>Cheap: from 60-90 depending on dealer
I can't believe people don't look at them more. It's all those cheap tacky looking Seikos the kiddies want. I'll be dust by the time this watch is broken. This watch isn't cheap by design, or to fit into a price bracket. It's cheap by necessity, because it was designed by poor-ass barely industrialized Russians in the 60s, for the Navy and special forces. These motherfuckers were worn by barely lucid Russians to help spread the poverty-stricken glory of the motherland. What was your shitty overpriced Seiko diver used for? Nothing. It sits upon the lanky arm of many a Jap teenage hipster, that's for sure. The Amphibias didn't even come with a wrist strap because it was expected back then that you'd not be able to buy anything else, so you would have to use your grandfather's strap.

Get an (Amphibia, Amphibian, Amfibia) for your first watch. It's as good as it gets for the price until you start looking at 300+ USD watches. It's the world's best value in a watch for the price regardless.

>Looks great
No
> It's all those cheap tacky looking Seikos the kiddies want
Those look bad too
>I'll be dust by the time this watch is broken
That's because you'll either throw it across the room out of frustration that it isn't keeping good time, or it will start keeping even worse time after a few years and you won't want to spend $150 on an overhaul, assuming you can find a watchmaker who will even consent to working on a soviet novelty watch. it will then sit in your sock drawer for 15 years and then you'll lose it during a move
>What was your shitty overpriced Seiko diver used for?
I don't have one
>many a Jap teenage hipster
It's mostly neckbeards who buy those, same neckbeards who go for ugly ass watches with "ironic" USSR insignia
>The Amphibias didn't even come with a wrist strap because it was expected back then that you'd not be able to buy anything else, so you would have to use your grandfather's strap.
M'lord, were you born in le wrong decade by any chance? Spray another round of the Knize Ten, they don't make stuff like they used to (adjusts cufflink)
>Get an (Amphibia, Amphibian, Amfibia) for your first watch
Nah, just get a Timex

What's a good automatic watch for

Hideous

Date window is shit, glass is wrong, bezel looks like pot metal

I just got these watches today. Thoughts?

>28 year old male waiter in a third world capital city best known for its large sexpat population core
Do you wear a belt with a huge gold buckle of a third world brand designed to look kind of like the fendi logo?

I need a daily watch that will last at least 5 year. Should have analog and digital.
What watches do you suggest?

completely wrong
ive had mine for 7 years. it keeps excellent time after a breakin period of about a year

die

i need an alternative to this watch seeing as to how it isnt made anymore. I just want a dark, minimalistic bland watch. Just something to complement my personality